Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fake slab?

Fake slab?

Not my series but I don't see the 4 injection circles

Comments

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure could be just the angle not showing them.
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the images good enouph to make that determination?
    I am having a hard time making that determination on my moniter.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that it guarantees anything the cert number does check out.

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The coin in the slab does not appear to match the grade. It's not clear enough for me
    to determine if the coin is a fake. That coin appears no better an a 35. So, maybe yes
    and maybe no?

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you think it might be fake? Seller has lots of nearly-perfect feedback, says coin was just certified this week, nothing obvious screams fake. He would be foolish to make this up and get caught.

My guess is it's legit.
    Lance.

edited to add: I admit the look is very Chinese. Can't make out enough of the holder to say one way or the other.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    the cert checks out for me.

COIN INFORMATION
    Cert Verification #: 16817296
    PCGS Coin #: 7086
    Date, mintmark: 1879-CC
    Denomination: $1
    Variety:
    Minor Variety:
    Mint Error:
    Pedigree:
    Grade: XF40
    Mintage: 756,000
    PCGS Price GuideSM Value: $975

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options

<< <i>The coin in the slab does not appear to match the grade. It's not clear enough for me
    to determine if the coin is a fake. That coin appears no better an a 35. So, maybe yes
    and maybe no?

bob >>

It looks OK to me.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    did you check heritage yet?

also, I'd call cust. service and ask them to look at the barcode.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's one of the new slabs which have 6 injection circles. I played with the lighting and levels in Photoshop and can see two of them clearly (the middle ones on either side). I can see the two bottom ones when looking at the reverse, but they are very near invisible. I can't see either of the upper ones, but the photo angle may have made them invisible.
  • Options
    I have bought from this seller in the past. A really nice PCGS 89-CC for a fair price. As I recall, he is ex-military Air Force. No probs with the transaction or coin/slab.
    "The 2nd Protects the 1st"

Everyman Peace Dollar Set

Recommended Sellers with positive transactions: Coindeuce, Walkerguy21D, Connecticoin (ebay), itsnotjustme, camera28
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks legit...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file