Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1992 Topps Finest Football

Does anyone know if this set was over produced like everything else in 1992. there are only 14 psa 10 emmit smiths... its one of his best looking cards in my opinion and only sells for a dollar or 2 raw on ebay.. The cards seem pretty well made and i would think 10s would be pretty easy to come by. just wondering what others think of this set.
Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here

Comments

• Options
    I don't think it was...it just never got popular....likely due to football coming out late compared to baseball cards...and no refractors in this issue. So bad timing on the set release I imagine...with 1993 Baseball Finest on its heels.

Edit to add: Also, it might be fair to say this set would sell on eBay for more then all the other traded and highlights sets from the time period, minus any with key rcs of course. Or at least in a lot of say 100 sets each.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    There were only 60,000 sets (45 cards) produced, which in the era of rolling print presses, this is actually pretty limited. I believe they were distributed only in set form and 3000 cases of 20 sets were the total production.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the info. too bad there were no rookies in the set or even a favre 2nd year. 92 was a terrible year for football.. i remember getting caught up in the shaq hoopla and buying a lot of packs of basketball back then.. but even the shaq rookies are pretty much worthless.. what a terrible year to spend all of my allowance on cards. .. wish i was born about 7 years ealier and scooped up 86 fleer and 86 topps football..
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

<< <i>thanks for the info. too bad there were no rookies in the set or even a favre 2nd year. 92 was a terrible year for football.. i remember getting caught up in the shaq hoopla and buying a lot of packs of basketball back then.. but even the shaq rookies are pretty much worthless.. what a terrible year to spend all of my allowance on cards. .. wish i was born about 7 years ealier and scooped up 86 fleer and 86 topps football.. >>

Wasn't aware of these. Interesting.

A case of 20 sets is on the bay for about $100.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com