Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Which Team Does Dawson Go in As?

Seeing that I am an Expo/National fan since Day 1 in 1969, I hope he goes in as an Expo. Some mis guided (Cubs fans) people think as a Cub. What do you guys think?
PackManInNC

Comments

• Options
    bosoxphanbosoxphan Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Red Sox
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Cubs

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Marlins.

But seriously I think he will go in as a Cub. His best years were as a Cub but it's not an easy choice. If the Expos still existed I think he would go in as an Expo but with the franchise basically dead I say Cubs.
    Learn some history of the game. Join a vintage base ball team in your area and get out there.
    Simsbury Taverneers
    My PSA Sets
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Interesting political debate here since the Expos no longer exist. My guess is that the Hall will choose to put him in as an Expo, but MLB is sure to at least nudge them to consider putting the Cubs hat on the plaque.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing Expos
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭
    Like I said before, I'm hoping Expos. He played 11 or 12 years with Expos and 5 or 6 with the dreaded Cubs.
    PackManInNC
  • Options
    Seeing that there is only one player - Gary Carter - that is in the hall in Expo uniform, I hope Dawson becomes the second.

• Options

<< <i>Seeing that there is only one player - Gary Carter - that is in the hall in Expo uniform, I hope Dawson becomes the second. >>

well, that's until Steve Rogers is elected image
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Hun, I have always said you were a wise man!
    PackManInNC
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭
    Expos.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Let's start a campaign to get Claude Raymond in - that way all those frickin' cards of his might actually be less annoying.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    What about Coco Laboy?
    PackManInNC
  • Options
    I hope Expos - I will always remember him as an Expo
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on his statistics, he should clearly go in as an Expo (same as Gary Carter):

Years:
    Expos-11
    Cubs-6

Games:
    Expos-1443
    Cubs-867

At Bats:
    Expos-5628
    Cubs-3262

Runs:
    Expos-828
    Cubs-431

Hits
    Expos-1575
    Cubs-929

Doubles:
    Expos-295
    Cubs-149

Triples:
    Expos-67
    Cubs-27

Home Runs:
    Expos-225
    Cubs-174

RBIs:
    Expos-838
    Cubs-587

SB:
    Expos-253
    Cubs-57

BA:
    Expos-.280
    Cubs-.285

Steve
  • Options
    I rest my case. Thanks, Steve, for all the good info.
    PackManInNC
  • Options
    The Hall decides right? Not Dawson himself.

If I recall correctly, didn't they have issue with Boggs and Carter in the past (think Carter wanted to go in as a Met)
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I think the problem was players were selling it into the contract (IE give me extra dough and I will go in as a Devil Ray etc.)
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    FWIW I say put him in as a Cub. If he never played in Chicago he may still be waiting. My apologies to the 7 Expos fans.
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    You are forgetting 2 key statistics that play into the minds of the Hall of Fame folks...

All Star:
    Expos - 3
    Cubs - 5

MVP:
    Expos - 0
    Cubs - 1

Alas, growing up a Cubs fan I was a huge Dawson fan... as a Cub that is... and I'd love to see him go in the HOF with a Cubs cap on. It's gonna be a tough decision, but even I have to believe the Expos would be the RIGHT decision!
  • Options

<< <i>The Hall decides right? Not Dawson himself.

If I recall correctly, didn't they have issue with Boggs and Carter in the past (think Carter wanted to go in as a Met) >>

That is correct; the HOF leadership determines what team each nominee represents.

This supposedly resulted from Dave Winfield reportedly accepting $1M and a job with the Padres, to go in as a Padre.

Steve
  • Options
    Knees:
    Expos-2
    Cubs-0
  • Options

<< <i>Knees:
    Expos-2
    Cubs-0 >>

Very true, thanks to the concrete he played on at Le Stad Olympique image

Steve
  • Options
    What that surface did to him is the main reason I am happy they no longer have a team
  • Options
    If Fred McGriff had gotten in, he would have worn that stupid puffy hat from Dave Ezmanski's Baseball School
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    He spent more years as an Expo, but his best years were as a Cub. I could see either way.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    ExPoS!
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    either way he goes in they should give his bronze bust a baby blue tint to reflect all those horrible road uniforms he had to wear. That being said, I thought the baby blues were pimp tight.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Why don't the Cubs just move to Montreal?