Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Heroes of Sport auction, anyone got their eye on anything?

Heroes of Sport, for their first auction, they have quite a few great things up. As a football guy, there is some nice stuff here

This 50 bowman Tittle sgc 96 rookie is killer

http://www.heroesofsportauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=1292&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=100&category=7

Also a Dorsett rookie psa 10, Jim Otto rc psa 10, and a 1/1 Krause psa 10 rookie. Not bad stuff

edited to attempt to fix the link, to no avail.... little help please image

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking stuff in there!
  • Options
    Thanks for fixing the link Paul, I knew someone would come to my rescue. Usually Nick is on top of this kind of stuff, I wonder whats up? image
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link. Some good stuff in there.
    This is interesting: 74 PSA 10 common

A 1/1, already at a very high price, especially considering the tilt. Don't think I've ever seen a tilt that pronounced in a PSA 10 holder.

Someone mentioned in another thread that PSA doesn't really consider tilts, rather they measure from the edge to the narrowest point of the tilt and judge centering from that. I found that hard to believe, but now it appears to be true.
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    horrible by psa to slab that a psa 10...geeez grader must have tilted his head...
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I've got my eye on a few things actually, but I'd rather not say what just yet! image
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    My recycling bin had an eye on the catalog, that's where it went shortly after it came in the mail.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    RB,
    My recycle bin was hungary as well. Lets see.... Rose City Sports as an auction house.....Ummm Ill pass.
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Bid on a couple of things last week and--surprisingly--still high on one of them. I am watching five or six items and I think the bid prices are very low at the moment. Anybody else think the same?

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    oh yea, just bidding on some 60s PSA 10 RC's, yawn, the usual

;-)

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    19.5% buyers premium? Yikes!

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    I've bid early and often at the inaugural Heroes Of Sport auction, ending tomorrow. From Day One, I was surprised and pleased with the breadth and depth of their material. My guess was that perhaps there would not be very many consignors to put faith in a new auction house's first effort. However, it looks like there's plenty there and I think that they'll do well. There's no shortage of quality classic baseball and vintage football there. Obviously, I was hoping for more 1952 Bowman Large Football. image
    Heroes Of Sport Inaugural Auction

Of course, I need to hold back something for the Memory Lane auction, which closes just three days later.

Is that why they call this "The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year"?
  • Options
    I've put my bids in, there are definitely some lots of interest. I don't worry too much about the buyer's premium, as I normally calculate it at 20% as the other houses are 17.5%-20% anyway...17.5, 19.5, not much difference there IMO. My biggest pet peeve is that I'd like to see these auctions close lot-by-lot if there's not bid on the lot for 30 mins. I believe Legendary does it that way. Just my 2 cents.

Jasen
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Auction still going at 7 am EST!
    Capecards
  • Options
    From the corner of the sports card market that I was following at Heroes Of Sport it looked fairly successful, especially for what could be expected of an inaugural auction house effort.

The software that auction houses frequently use, Simple Auction Site, could probably best help bidders if they included a "Notes" section for listings similar to what eBay currently utilizes. With these auction house offerings, I build my Bidders/Watch List when the auction opens, print it out onto papers, and use a pencil to scribe my notes. The papers are carried from home to office and back and forth a few times until auction close. If anyone else think they can benefit from "Notes", please let the auction house or Simple Auction Site know at jeffgarrett@simpleauctionsite.com

Heroes of Sport had a number of cards auctioned off that rarely sell publicly and even some that have never sold before. Consequently, after contacting both parties I was disappointed to learn that the Heroes Of Sport Auction closing prices will not be reported to Vintage Card Prices. image I'm working on helping see that they can be reported.

To Joe, the Thread Originator - so an experienced collector like you is even originating these non-Registry related posts like this one in the Set Registry Forum lately? What's up with that? Well, at least I didn't get one of your e-mails lately with that ridiculously dated-looking company logo in the footing. Dude, it looks like your company logo was designed at the time the Bowman Gum Company issued my favorite Sammy Baugh card.*

*For some readers - Joe & I are friends just clowning around. image

• Options
    Nice closing report on the 78 Tony Dorsett RC.
  • Options
    What did the Dorsett go for?
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    The Dorsett closed at $5,300 + with buyers premium.
  • Options
    Keith,

In checking out some cards on VCP today, I noticed that they have now incorporated the closing prices from this auction in their reporting. I think this is definitely a benefit given some of the cards that went in this auction that are low-pops like the '61 Jim Otto 10, '63 Topps Deacon Jones 9, 1-of-1 Paul Krause RC 10, etc. Also a little surprising they weren't reported right away considering H-O-S advertised on the VCP website during the auction. image

Jasen
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Bid on a couple of things last week and--surprisingly--still high on one of them. I am watching five or six items and I think the bid prices are very low at the moment. Anybody else think the same?

Eyebone >>

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>RB,
    My recycle bin was hungary as well. Lets see.... Rose City Sports as an auction house.....Ummm Ill pass. >>

Agreed. Some of this looks funny- pop 1 psa 10's from the 1974 Topps set going for $900+the buyer's premium? Unless I'm mistaken, a card like this usually sells in the $300 range. Not as bad as 'Cepedagate', but still-- it makes a girl wonder.
  • Options
    Anybody want a Dorsett 10?

I'd sell mine and discount the price off that Auction Price.

Marc
    Have shine box will travel
    ------------
    BOBBY ORR
    THE BEST THERE WAS!
    THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!
    ------------