Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

giving non sport a try

Well, had bought some packs from dutymom awhile back and decided to bust and submit a few....some Dallas cards and Creature Feature stickers...will let everyone know when they pop....sent in today, November 30th.

Comments

• Options
    Welcome to the dark side!
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Welcome to the dark side! >>

thanks, I'll let everyone know how my walk on the wild side goes, hopefully within 8-10 days based on how long it appears submissions are taking recently....may even do another sub since they extended the $5 special.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    One thing you may want to look into is the fact that one can get vintage tobacco cards

relatively cheap compared to the sport counterparts.

Have fun.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I noticed that about the cig cards already. Will have to wait and see if I am enjoying this endeavor as much as I do sports. al.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    You mention "cig cards" - if you are referring to the British issues, you might want to know that collecting habits were very different in Great Britain. You'll find that the norm for sets of the 30's and 40's is mint when it comes to British issues. While that condition would send U.S. issued card values into the stratosphere, anything less than that condition for British issues is almost worthless. Research completed sales for a while before you jump into anything. Nothing will dissuade a collector from a passion than finding he overpaid for cards when he didn't know any better.

Good luck and enjoy!...it is indeed the dark side; many unsavory characters lurk here image
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    thanks Mark for the advice....is the British card conditions due to the British folks collecting habits or is it due to hoards that have been "discovered" over the years in mint condition??? al.
  • Options

<< <i>thanks Mark for the advice....is the British card conditions due to the British folks collecting habits or is it due to hoards that have been "discovered" over the years in mint condition??? al. >>

What Mark is saying is that the British, being so conservative and Anal, (And no Disrespect meant Mr. Hoping) and having that proverbial Prim and Proper lifestyle, would have kept everything they collected in Pristine condition. So as he said anything other than Brand New Condition regardless of age is basically wothless, having nothing to do with finding hoards.

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Anality aside....image....Cartophilia, or the gentleman's hobby of collecting cards, is a primarily British pastime (complete with albums, historical societies and all that rot), as opposed to the method of collecting in the colonies, which was pretty much done by kids who stuffed their cards in their back pocket.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Thanks Neil and Mark, makes sense to me know....I had asked previously in another thread but no one really answered the question.....goes along the lines of being prim and proper I guess....everything in it's place.