Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Family Feud Survey: "Regular folk collect coins. What do movie stars collect?"

Awesome survey. I laughed because I don't really consider us "regular folk".

Edit: Is it feud or fued? I've edited this twice already.

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do movie stars collect?

royality checks
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    What's a fued?
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do movie stars collect that regular folk don't ?

imageimage
    imageimage

fans and papparazzi image
  • Options
    DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    Quite a few of them collect old Hollywood memorabilia.

Jim Halperin and Hector Cantu of Heritage Auction Galleries just finished a book on the greatest collectible movie posters.* Nicholas Cage is very active in that hobby.

* Published by Whitman, I mention in the interest of disclosure

• Options

<< <i>Quite a few of them collect old Hollywood memorabilia.

Jim Halperin and Hector Cantu of Heritage Auction Galleries just finished a book on the greatest collectible movie posters.* Nicholas Cage is very active in that hobby.

* Published by Whitman, I mention in the interest of disclosure >>

Cage may have been active until his financial advisor caused him to go BANKRUPT
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nicholas Cage is very active in that hobby. >>

Nicolas Cage is also very close to being bankrupt.

Nicolas Cage brought about his own financial ruin with a spending spree that included two castles, 15 palatial homes, a flotilla of yachts and a squadron of Rolls Royces, his former business manager said.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options

American actor and film producer Brad Pitt is a cultured guy who’s into architecture and interior design. He also collects metal art. Why? Well, duh, because it goes perfectly well with Angelina Jolie’s daggers.

Jerry Seinfeld Collects Porsches. I mean, the first 20 porsches just weren’t enough, ya know?–needed that 21st. While he may not be original, this comedian all-star has, by our estimation, picked an excellent taste in hobbies.

Jay Leno Also collects cars. Anyone who watches The Tonight Show knows that comedian Jay Leno is an avid car collector. He only talks about it every other show. In particular, he’s known as having an extensive collection of antique cars.

Others like things like politics, golf, acting, doing charity work etc.... I just like coins and guns!

• Options
    Strokes for their insecure egos.

Of course not all of 'em are collectors.
  • Options
    stev32kstev32k Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭
    I thought they mostly collected husbands/wives, boyfriends/girl friends, or maybe just boy toys and girl toys.
    Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard drive?
  • Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Quite a few of them collect old Hollywood memorabilia.

* Published by Whitman, I mention in the interest of disclosure >>

Collect Movie Posters....go bankrupt!-------Collect Coins....go crazy! I'm not sure which is worse.
  • Options
    NGC coins with stars on them?
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Some movie stars collect diamond engagement rings.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    jdillanejdillane Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭
    Had not heard about nick cage's misfortune. I recall seeing a 427 cobra he once owned that was valued about $3MM. If half of what his biz mgr alleges is true, Cage sounds like a spendthrift.
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Had not heard about nick cage's misfortune. I recall seeing a 427 cobra he once owned that was valued about $3MM. If half of what his biz mgr alleges is true, Cage sounds like a spendthrift. >>

That is sort of what I am thinking. I read an article where Cage said that the manager should have told him "no" when he was buying all of that stuff. It sort of reminds me of my mother in law-- her massive spending on junk (and I mean junk, was everyone else's fault except her own).
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    ex wives.

rehab visits.

STD's
  • Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    FAME.
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ex-wives

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    I'm really suprised..!!...N.Cage is on my list of favorit actors.It's too bad when wealth and fame take on a role and delude one's values...!!!
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm really suprised..!!...N.Cage is on my list of favorit actors. >>

Why be surprised? The correlation between acting talent and having common sense and good judgement is, if non-zero, negative.
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

What does Paris Hilton collect....duh don't know

What does Lindsey Lohan collect ? duh duh also don't know

Stewart
  • Options
    Oscars, Emmys and Tonys?
    Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,484 ✭✭✭✭
    I went to see Debbie Reynolds a couple weeks back and she had some awesome outtakes from some older Hollywood movies. Outtakes became common with the introduction of DVD's but you rarely see them for films from the 50's.

Movie Stars collect Oscars which enable them to collect money. They're all just coin collectors at heart because he who dies with the most coin..........Wins!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Young children from third world countries.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file