Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin show in Portland, Maine Sunday, November 1

MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
The Gorham Coin Club will sponsor its 68th consecutive coin show in Portland, Maine on November 1. The details are as follows:

68th Consecutive semi-annual coin show
Sponsored by the Gorham Coin Club
Sunday, November 1, 2009
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
At the Verrillo’s Convention Center
Exit 48 of the Maine Turnpike (155 Riverside Street)
Portland, Maine
Free Admission
50 Tables (50 devoted to numismatic material)
Bourse Chairman: Stephen A. Crain
P. O. Box 1680
Windham, ME 04062
(207) 892-7113
mrhalfdime@aol.com

If you are in northern New England, plan on taking in the show.
They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm, google says 1 hour, 48 minutes. Wonder what Mrs. Barndog would say?
  • Options
    I say go for it. Take 101 to US 95, then up the Maine Turnpike to Exit 48 and you're there. Of course, all of the half dimes will be gone by the time you get there, but we'd love to see you. image
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was only 2 hours away, I would be there!

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options

<< <i>I say go for it. Take 101 to US 95, then up the Maine Turnpike to Exit 48 and you're there. Of course, all of the half dimes will be gone by the time you get there, but we'd love to see you. image >>

I know how half dimes work in the NE image

Me: Have any half dimes?
    Dealer: I have some, but they're set aside for a customer.
    Me: Oh, you know Steve Crain too?

• Options
    IGWTIGWT Posts: 4,975
    The problem is, of course, it's not just the NE.
  • Options

<< <i>The problem is, of course, it's not just the NE. >>

yep, same deal at FUN, ANA, even Lone Star Coins on 281-South in San Antonio image
  • Options
    IGWTIGWT Posts: 4,975
    No such competition with Shield Nickels; but there is another problem:

Me: Do you have any Shield Nickels.
    Dealer: No.
  • Options

<< <i>No such competition with Shield Nickels; but there is another problem:

Dealer: What are those? >>

I've overheard that one before too.
  • Options
    Just a reminder. Keep this on your calendar. Come to Maine for the coin show, and stay for the lobstahs and foliage.
  • Options
    Make your plans for this coming Sunday. The foliage is still good, and the lobsters are great.
  • Options

<< <i>hmm, google says 1 hour, 48 minutes. Wonder what Mrs. Barndog would say? >>

She'd probably tell you she will drop you at the coin show and from there she will go to Cabela's and then on to L.L. Bean.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    If any forum members do attend the show on Sunday, be sure to identify yourself at the door. I will be staffing the club table (just ask for Mr. Half Dime), and would like to chat with you. I might even have a few neat half dimes to show you.
  • Options
    That is a local show for me, I have another commitment down the coast a bit, but I hope to swing by!!!
  • Options

<< <i>That is a local show for me, I have another commitment down the coast a bit, but I hope to swing by!!! >>

PS I saw recently where an old friend of mine, Walter Libby had passed away, he was a member I believe and great guy. He ran the old Gorham Flea markey where I got my start in "old stuff" almost 40 years ago(OMG). I'm sure he is missed.
  • Options

<< <i>No such competition with Shield Nickels; but there is another problem:

Dealer: No. >>

Shield Nickel??? What is that? Something like a Sloman? image
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    "I saw recently where an old friend of mine, Walter Libby had passed away"

Yes, Walter was a charter member of the Gorham Coin Club and a loyal attendee at nearly all of our coin club meetings over the years. He always brought a large quantity of material to the meetings to sell, to place in the auction, and just for show & tell. Walter also had many interesting stories from his many years running the flea market. As the years caught up with him, he was admitted to the Maine Veteran's Nursing Home, which coincidentally is where our club meetings are held, so he continued to attend some meetings as a resident of the nursing home. Sadly, Walter passed away several months ago, and he will be greatly missed by all who knew him.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file