Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Real or Fake? Ancient Coin...

There is a debate going on in one of the Metal Detecting forums about this coin (NOT MINE). Some claim it could possibly be authentic, but to me it looks like a modern copy. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    That does not look very real, sorry to say. -Dan
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90% chance it's a copy

Always expect the unexpected to happen, as it will anyway no matter what you do

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I am sorry to be so blunt, but that coin is absolutely not genuine. Zero chance, period!

The style is wrong, the lettering is wrong, there is just nothing right about it, sorry.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is as fake as Dolly's well, you know.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very fake, as a coin, but a pretty neat little pendant, nonetheless, and a good detector find, if that's what it was.

I've neglected my detecting buddies for too long, having only gone out on one or two digs in 2009. Maybe with the fall season and cooler weather...

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.