Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does anyone have an ebay phone # for a live person?

I have been trying to log on to my ebay account for 2 days now and i keep getting internet explorer can not display the web page.I can go all over the internet except to ebay logging on. HELP

Comments

• Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    Not sure if this is a live person or not, but I posted this on one of your other posts earlier:

Here is an ebay support number toll free 1-866-643-3720.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    Thanks rg,i appreciate the help.
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's a computer problem.

If you have a relative or trusted friend you can call and have them log into your account on their pc. If you can do that have them look for purchases or listed items to verify nothing is going on. Have them set a new password.

That might give you relief knowing that it's secure.
    Ed
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe it's a computer problem.

If you have a relative or trusted friend you can call and have them log into your account on their pc. If you can do that have them look for purchases or listed items to verify nothing is going on. Have them set a new password.

That might give you relief knowing that it's secure. >>

I agree.

it could be a computer problem or your ISP having a problem.

got a laptop and a hotspot nearby?

test the account from another location first.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Same problem happens on my lap top as it does on my desk top.Like i said,i can navigate anywhere i want to go on the internet with out a problem,just not ebay.When i try,a page pops up saying internet explorer is unable to open page.Thanks for all the help so far.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭✭
    800-701-3229
    800-322-9266

These may also work.
    Good luck! image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you only trying this at home?
    Only on your home IP/router?

I had similar this last week on a PC.....not with ebay but with facebook. I could connect from work but not the home PC.
    I did switch up browsers to try it and the other browser worked.

That system is being redone right now (I had a "spare" PC that I unmothballed today while I redid the other one).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not possible to speak with ANYBODY at e-bay anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have tried all numbers, and none work....
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Meg took all the money she was paying her customer service phone representatives and has applied it to her political campaign. image

I think it's a sign of the times. eBay is an 100% internet based company... it only makes sense that it would move to an 100% internet based everything; including customer service.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are NO REAL PEOPLE at eBay. They are all computer generated NON-Personalities image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If not using at least Internet Explorer 8, it's time to upgrade for free.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    I have the exact same issue....all other sites work except Ebay and it just started maybe a week ago....it loads the page and then pops up the message and boots me out. I have checked all my settings, deleted all cookies, upgraded all microsoft service packs, resote my computer back to 3 weeks ago to make sure there wasn't a virus....still nothing worked. Finally I downloaded firfox and everything is working perfectly even Ebay....it is most bizzare? Are you running windows vista?
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    Dump your cookies, restart your browser and type ebay.com into the browser address bar.
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    They have made a lot of changes the last few days, when I place a bid now I get a pop-up box asking to confirm my bid, instead of going to a separate page.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    They just don't give a sh!! if a person is having trouble with their account or anything else..I think all the changes they made are screwed up..They want to make money yet they are dropping all most everyones account statis because of a little thing like their dashboard..How do they expect a person to correct it if the seller can't list anything..
  • Options

<< <i>Dump your cookies, restart your browser and type ebay.com into the browser address bar. >>

I did this and it worked like a charm even though I tried just dumping my cookies before....now IE8 is working with Ebay just fine. Thanks image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They just don't give a sh!! if a person is having trouble with their account or anything else..I think all the changes they made are screwed up..They want to make money yet they are dropping all most everyones account statis because of a little thing like their dashboard..How do they expect a person to correct it if the seller can't list anything.. >>

Tell us how you REALLY feel .... don't hold anything back image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously doubt that if you get through to a live person at ebay he or she is going to be much help troubleshooting your problem. It sounds like your browser is redirecting you to a dead URL.

Your best bets are to try another browser, clean up your old one (cookies, temp files, etc.), upgrade to the latest version, and/or try from another location which uses a different router.

First thing I'd do is download and try another browser like Chrome or Firefox. Simple.
    Lance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file