Home U.S. Coin Forum

Stack's John J. Ford Collection auction catalogues, 2003-2007

Did Stack's offer the complete run of 21 parts for the John J. Ford Collection as a set? If yes, what was the price? If not, what did they charge for the individual catalogues (parts)? Thanks.

Comments

• MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe you can buy the complete set from Stack's...I asked them about a year ago and they quoted me a price but I don't remember how much it was (maybe around $800).

I put a set together from literature dealers and eBay instead.

I recommend you contact Vicken Yegparian thru the Stack's website. He is really good about responding.
  • firstmintfirstmint Posts: 1,171
    If you are lucky, you might be able to get a set from Stack's, but don't count on it at this point.

The softcover versions were sent out to those on the Stack's mailing list. Even then, for some unknown reason, a few of the Ford sales are more scarce than others.

The hardbound catalogues were sold at $100 each, and the current record for a Ford part 1 HB is $425 (Kolbe June 2009, lot 596).

There are several people who understood the significance and bought each of them as they were presented. Nearly all of these are maroon leather, while there are about 4-5 sets bound in gray leather.

Complete softcover sets have sold in the $500-750 range.
    PM me if you are looking for U.S. auction catalogs
  • shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm told a set sold last week on eBay for $280. If so, that was a steal.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • A friend of mine has a couple of them for sale, but not a whole set. If you want his contact info pm me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file