Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Liberty Seated Dollar experts...

USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone know the value of an 1860 Liberty Seated Dollar in VF/XF. I can't find any recent sales other than for the S mint and replicas. This coin has no mint mark and is RAW. Thanks for the help...

Comments

• Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    Improperly cleaned NCS AU 50 $488 To $747.
    ICG Cleaned, AU 50 $322
    PCGS XF 40 $1,495.
    ANACS VG8 $253.
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    The 1860 is a better date Seated dollar, the mintage is not a good indication of how tough this coin is to find. There is no 1860-S Liberty Seated dollar, so I'm not sure what your referring to when you mention the "S mint". I bought this OGH, PCGS, XF-45, 1860 Liberty Seated dollar, back in March of 09, for less than $800.00.

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I meant the O mint..sorry about that. Thanks for the responses....
  • Options
    rsdoug81rsdoug81 Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Have you checked Heritage Auction Archives? A quick check shows only one problem free coin in the VF/XF sold by Heritage in the last year. Many problem coins and AU and Unc coins were sold, however.

September 20, 2008: PCGS VF25 $402.50 Link
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Very nice Seated $1 image
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    I agree with Dizzy. Barbermans' coin made my eyes bulge! image X 2
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    The 1860 is a tougher date to find in the VF-XF grade range (as are all the 1860's phillys for the most part...). Depending on eye appeal and originality, this coin could be worth anything from $400 to $1000 iirc from memory.

Nice coin Dan image
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    tombrtombr Posts: 863 ✭✭
    Dan--NICE seated dollar

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I paid $325 for this one. The 1860-O, is of course, one of your more "common" Seated dollars.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barberman acquired a very nice 1860 Seated dollar! Congratulations!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words on my 1860 LSD.

I totally agree with Mark (Speety), any of the 60's date's, minus the 60-O, are really tough to find in VF/XF, certified and problem free. It's just my luck, I finally found a nice, original, PCGS, XF-40, 1864 LSD, and a couple of weeks later I see a nicer, PCGS, XF-45 example available in an OGH. Needless to say, I now own two XF 1864's. I still need the 1861, 62, 63, and 65 in XF/AU grade.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file