Home Sports Talk
Options

All I Have to Say About Brad Lidge...

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y–Philadelphia 92 70 .568 - - 7-3 W3 41-31 27-16 20-12 4-11 48-33 44-37 60-48 32-22 6-7 27-23 799 680 93-69 9/28 v WSH, W 8-3
    New York 89 73 .549 3.0 E 4-6 L1 40-32 20-20 20-15 9-6 48-33 41-40 55-52 34-21 9-9 16-19 799 715 89-73 9/28 v FLA, L 2-4 -
    Florida 84 77 .522 7.5 E 5-5 W1 40-31 19-20 20-16 5-10 45-36 39-41 61-56 23-21 9-5 24-19 770 767 81-80 9/28 @ NYM, W 4-2 -
    Atlanta 72 90 .444 20.0 E 5-5 L1 31-41 13-28 20-14 8-7 43-38 29-52 52-57 20-33 3-10 11-30 753 778 79-83 9/28 @ HOU, L 1-3 -
    Washington 59 102 .366 32.5 E 1-9 L4 27-44 15-25 9-23 8-10 34-46 25-56 37-66 22-36 7-7 20-29 641 825 62-99 9/28 @ PHI, L 3-8 -
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    As much as you don't want to Steve, please stay on topic.

K...Thanks!

5 blown saves and counting
  • Options
    This is a serious question for Phillie fan:

Has Lidge lost velocity on his fastball?
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Lidge is done...

Imagine how far in front we would be if he didnt blow all these games?

Mutz fans...Ha

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    LOL!!!Steve bringing up the past. When all else fails, live in the past image

There is a HUGE difference between the Lidge of last year and the Lidge of this year.

Swartz, he has blown 5 games so far. The Phils wouldn't have been in much more of a lead than they are in now.
  • Options
    madson will soon be the closer.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Lidge is done...

Imagine how far in front we would be if he didnt blow all these games?

Mutz fans...Ha >>

But Steve ... he DID blow the saves and you can't say "WHAT IF" ... because last year when we lost our closer you guys stated that it was part of the game and to suck it up, right? LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    the difference is...

the Phils have depth...

the Mutz dont...

and WinPitcher has already admitted that with the Grapefruit league comment...

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options

<< <i>the difference is...

the Phils have depth...

>>

If that was completely true, someone else would be closing games.

Lidge has obviously lost his confidence.
  • Options
    Not true Charlie has confidence in Lidge...purely because of last year...

he wont be closing much longer...

Ryan Ryan Ryan

- uncut

• Options

<< <i>5 blown saves and counting >>

I'm sorry guys...my mistake...make that 6 and counting.

I think every time Lidge blows a save this season, I'll add another laughing smiley to the ever growing list.

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I'd rather have a closer who has blown 5 saves for a team in first by 3 games then an entire bullpen that has basically sucked all year...do you hear me Indians....and don't jump on me for this, I'm an Indians fan.
  • Options

<< <i>I'd rather have a closer who has blown 5 saves for a team in first by 3 games then an entire bullpen that has basically sucked all year...do you hear me Indians....and don't jump on me for this, I'm an Indians fan. >>

Make that 6 image
  • Options
    well, as I said the Phils are still in first...the Indians lost again today, although not because of the bullpen, but it's hard to believe they are still only 6 games behind.
  • Options
    Mr Lidge...we applaud your effort today. Come back anytime

• Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    I'm betting the Astros aren't feeling so bad about trading away Lidge right now - even with his decent performance last year.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    As a Dodger fan I am loving Lidge!
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    The stros only need to check the ring finger!

Romero is back and there is no need for blown saves anymore. Madson is unhittable and soon will be our closer, enough of the Xmas presents Charlie!

Kevin
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who's worse?

Brad Lidge?

or

Greg Gagne?

Steve
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Dear Phillies,

We think Lidge is throwing some great pitches.

Sincerely,
    LA Dodgersimage
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Looks like he's the guy who got run out of Houston again.
  • Options
    If the Indians Kerry Wood had seven blown saves and they were three games in front I would be happy. Why are Phillies fans upset because their reliever has blown saves??? They are still in first.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If the Indians Kerry Wood had seven blown saves and they were three games in front I would be happy. Why are Phillies fans upset because their reliever has blown saves??? They are still in first. >>

Because the Phillies fans know Lidge was a key reason for winning the NL and the World Series last year and they know many teams have upgraded over last year.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If the Indians Kerry Wood had seven blown saves and they were three games in front I would be happy. Why are Phillies fans upset because their reliever has blown saves??? They are still in first. >>

Because the Phillies fans know Lidge was a key reason for winning the NL and the World Series last year and they know many teams have upgraded over last year. >>

guess that makes sense...but I bet the Mets fans wished they had a three game lead with Rodriguez having seven blown saves....they'd really be on the reliever but would be happier I would think because they were in first.
  • Options

<< <i>I was wary of Brad Lidge entering the game yesterday in another save situation after he had blown a save against the Dodgers on Friday night.

Charlie Manuel >>

They should be upset and very worried. Lidge has blown 6 saves in 16 attempts. His record is 0-3 with an era of 7.27.

If Charlie Manuel is wary of Lidge now, how much more will he be when and if the Phillies make the playoffs??

If Curt Schilling was still on the Phillies, he would be covering his head with a towel at this very moment LOL

Lidge

edit: 19 attempts, not 16...my mistake image
  • Options

<< <i>but I bet the Mets fans wished they had a three game lead with Rodriguez having seven blown saves....they'd really be on the reliever but would be happier I would think because they were in first. >>

Nope, not true. Being in first place at this stage of the year by only 3 games means absolutely nothing.

I would much rather have a lights out closer like we have now, (who has not blown a save all year) than an inconsistant guy I have to worry about every time he takes the mound
  • Options
    Rodriguez is doing great but the Mets have been hit with the same thing the Indians have been hit with INJURIES.....hopefully the Indians will get Westbrook and Laffey back soon or they will soon fade into the sunset of the basement
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭

<< <i>Rodriguez is doing great but the Mets have been hit with the same thing the Indians have been hit with INJURIES.....hopefully the Indians will get Westbrook and Laffey back soon or they will soon fade into the sunset of the basement >>

The only thing that the Indians have been hit with is balls...balls coming off the bats of the opposing team! Its official, Fausto Carsucka is really really bad.

Kevin
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Is that the rest of the NL East will miss him!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.