Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Did Heritage Miss the Estimate on these Bolivars???

Dimitri's link to the multiple lots had me doing some Sunday morning scanning when I found this MOON MONEY lot of Bolivars.

Comments

• Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    Seems insane, though maybe they are rarer than we think. image
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    What the?...

I come up with $335 Krause for the 6 coins, classifying the AUs at "UNC" price and the 63 and 64 at "BU".
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What the?...

I come up with $335 Krause for the 6 coins, classifying the AUs at "UNC" price and the 63 and 64 at "BU". >>

Yes, but the $1,380 question is how easy are they to find in that condition? I wish I knew what the high bidder knows -- or rather whether he knows or is just taking a risk....

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Yes, but the $1,380 question is how easy are they to find in that condition? I wish I knew what the high bidder knows -- or rather whether he knows or is just taking a risk.... >>

Just a guess: at this price, I'd say he knows and that he collects them. In which case, he's not influenced by the holders and current grades . Heritage's group lots are notorious for their low estimates and in this particular auction, I believe that there were several individual lots with low estimates as well. A few that I noticed realized much higher prices than if they were listed at NEN's or other high end shop's inventories.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3