Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Starting to collect Quarters & got a question .

OK as ALLOT of you already know I am new to collecting . I am starting with Quarters . My question is does anyone know of anything to look for in the new quarters ? can't find much info on errors or certain dates or mint marks to look out for in the new quarters .
If you can't understand what I am saying , Don't ask me . I don't know myself

Comments

• Options
    O YEAH , & if anyone knows a web site that shows the different grades from G4 to MS67 with photos of what that grade quarter looks like ? I know there out there , I have fount one for all Barbers & Cents .
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

To the show!

Can't help with the question but someone will. image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The states quarters have several really nice varieties and some
    of these issues are really tough to find in nice condition. Even
    the Alaska quarters might be tough with nice surfaces and some
    are tough clean or well struck. The Delaware might be about the
    worst for strike.

Look for the WI Denver for the two extra leaf coins and there are
    about ten of them with rotated reverses.

I think the older clads are more interesting.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Good Start for you Here >>

The book was pretty weak on the clads. It's hard to tell if the site is a lot better.

Thanks for the link anyway, though. I hadn't seen it before.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Good Start for you Here >>

The book was pretty weak on the clads. It's hard to tell if the site is a lot better.

Thanks for the link anyway, though. I hadn't seen it before. >>

Huummmm?

IMHO................I would stick with CK's suggestion! image
  • Options
    GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    Also check out all of CladKing's older posts. We, by the way, are trying to get him to write a book--or several--which would probably set a new bar for all things clad, but he has resisted our relentless pressure so far. One thing he taught me early on is to look for higher-grade '82 & '83 Ps and Ds of nickels, dimes, and quarters. These are very hard to come by, but one can get lucky. I found a beautiful '82 P nickel with prooflike surfaces while searching rolls. I never would have even paid attention to it without CK's advice.
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    A G4 clad quarter would look fairly interesting.

Does anybody have one to share?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Welcome to the machine. image

I like to use heritage auction that way you can see what the market is doing year to year.

They have pics too.....archives

As far as the main error it looks like the Wi extra leaf .... there are a few more but that one seems to have a nice premium.
  • Options
    intenceintence Posts: 1,255
    welcome aboard!
  • Options
    Rob85635Rob85635 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    Rob the Newbie
  • Options
    thank all of ya'll the advise was awsome ! nice to have a site that helps newbies insted of not responding at all .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file