Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My latest Franklin Bugs Bunny

Picked this off Ebay. It has beautiful golden rim toning on the obverse and a brilliant reverse with strong bell lines. Nice strong clash too.

Comments

• Options
    Nice looking coin, good score now you just need to cross it to a PCGS holder...image
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice looking coin, good score now you just need to cross it to a PCGS holder...image >>

PCGS will NOT Label that as a Bugs Bunny
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options

<< <i>PCGS will NOT Label that as a Bugs Bunny >>

I know that is why I said "cross" I dont like NGC holders...

• Options
    frnklnlvrfrnklnlvr Posts: 2,750
    There's one listed in the pops and it's also been added to the Franklin Variety Registry Set.

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,478 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I think PCGS WILL label it as a Bugs Bunny which is simply an unabraded die clash.

They will not attribute Branch Mint die clashes as Bugs Bunny though.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    frnklnlvrfrnklnlvr Posts: 2,750

<< <i>They will not attribute Branch Mint die clashes as Bugs Bunny though. >>

They do have the 1954-D Bugs listed in the Variety Registry Set but I don't think any have been graded yet.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,478 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>They will not attribute Branch Mint die clashes as Bugs Bunny though. >>

They do have the 1954-D Bugs listed in the Variety Registry Set but I don't think any have been graded yet. >>

Come to think of it, you're right but ................ that is more than likely an error since none have been graded. My implression is that only the Philly mint Die clashes get the Bugs Bunny Designation (for whatever reason).
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file