Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Banks Rookie...What the Hell???

Where do I begin?

VG 8.5
"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    What's the problem here? Centering on the Banks card is always very good. That looks like an undergraded VG 9.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Obviously an idiot - the cert # doesn't match any Ernie Banks cards either.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Aaah, the rounded corner version, very rare.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    "Almost unheard of in this series."
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    But how can we not have faith in this auction?

As per the sellers profile pic..

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I gotta give that card almost a Gem Very Good 10. I'd like to bid. As a VG 8.5 the pop has got to be very low (hence the $2000 value).
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    pretty affordable still...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    This is my favorite line.....
    And will be handed to the winning Bidder with Confidence

Doesnt he mean, STICK IT TO THE WINNING BIDDER WITH CONFIDENCE!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>I gotta give that card almost a Gem Very Good 10. I'd like to bid. As a VG 8.5 the pop has got to be very low (hence the $2000 value). >>

Say what???

<< <i>pretty affordable still... >>

Huh???

<< <i>This is my favorite line.....
    And will be handed to the winning Bidder with Confidence

Doesnt he mean, STICK IT TO THE WINNING BIDDER WITH CONFIDENCE!!!!!! >>

Thank you image ... but not speaking as the winning bidder, lol.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    That's gotta be poofed soon...
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I believe the card probably is authentic though...I would like to have it for 99 cents just to get it in an honest holder....
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭✭
    loooks like a nice card.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Fortunately whomever is making these fake flips is using the modern 90 degree angled corners in the flip frame, but the dated numbering system with the writen condition and numerical grade on the same line.

For the old numbering system, the flips had the rounded corners.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    when did they implement the 15-point grading system? image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Now that person is REAL STUPID! Wouldn't you at least use a Cert # that was for a BANKS card? LOL

ITEM INFORMATION
    Cert Verification #: 90522525
    Year: 1963
    Brand: TOPPS
    Card Number: 486
    Player: RAY SADECKI
    Variety:
    Grade: NEAR MINT 7
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    I contacted the person and let him know. THis is what he said.

I will do sorry for the confusion. I am new to this card selling stuff. I just found that I had this card adn a friend took it to get it graded for me and so i listed it when he brought it back. I will take it myself and get it graded. I have never ended an auction before will i be penalized for ending auction. Or should I just let every bidder know when they bid and relist it correctly at the end? What would you advise?
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I hope a few others report this. We are the Ebay police!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    On Apr-03-09 at 07:05:49 PDT, seller added the following information:

Revised Listing upon notified correction

Very much sought after !

1954 Ernest Banks Rookie Card

by Topps

This Card has has a PSA grade of 8.5 NM-MT Almost unheard of in this series.

*There was a mistake on the label that has been corrected. Picture will be available this afternoon upon request. Once new label is put into place by PSA. *

Thank you for pointing this out and helping the process of this sell. I'm happy to know i could revise my listing to let everyone know of this.

This is a Spectacular card and it was being robbed of it's glory!

Description of Card you will receive is PSA grade 8.5 NM-MT its spec# is 0101540940.

It is perfectly centered top/bottom as well as left/right positioning.

More cards from this 1954 Topps group are available upon request but not set up on auction yet. I want to offer them to the winning bidder if he/she wishes to have them.

Ernie Banks has hit 512 Home runs and is a hall of fame player. This card holds a value of almost $2,000 USD. And will be handed to the winning Bidder with Confidence.

Thanks and good luck bidding

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    Check out the addition to his listing - added today...the guy must know Joe O personally to get such fast service on a "mechanical error". I know when I have to send a card back to PSA for reholdering or mislabel it takes about a month.

---

*There was a mistake on the label that has been corrected. Picture will be available this afternoon upon request. Once new label is put into place by PSA. *
    Thank you for pointing this out and helping the process of this sell. I'm happy to know i could revise my listing to let everyone know of this.

---

And, of course this comment in his feedback (almost 2 years old) makes me feel MUCH better about this whole scam.

"This Seller has Great unheard of Communication!!! Very Godly Man!! Thankyou Sir!"
  • Options
    From the scan I see that card doesn't seem to be an 8.5, The corners look a bit rough.
  • Options
    The Cert number on the Banks is 1963 Ray Sadecki.

Banks Cert
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I sent the seller a message and this is what I got back in reply.

<< <i>Dear Brian,
    the item has been revised with correct information on this card. PSA grader John silkens made the mistake and he will be getting me a new label/cardholder this afternoon. The card was graded successfully but labeled incorrectly. You are wrong by saying that is a 1963 ray sadeki card . if you think that you must be blind. read the revised version of the listing and that is what you will receive by winning the auction.

- jhandley23 >>

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    SOMEONE TELL THE SELLER THAT A MIND IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    re the horse pic... WTF!
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>re the horse pic... WTF! >>

Ride...
    Ride...
    Ride...
    Ride...

Thunder...
    Thunder...
    Thunder...
    Thunder...

Thunderhorse!
    Thunderhorse!
    Thunderhorse!
    Thunderhorse!

Revenge!
    Revenge!
    Revenge!

Thunder...
    Horse
    Thunder...
    Horse

Thunder...
    Horse
    Thunder...
    Horse

Thunder, Thunder...
    Thunder, Thunder, Thunder...
    Thunder...
    Thunder...
    Horse

Thunderhorse!
    Thunderhorse!
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>Thunderhorse! >>

I've only watched 1 or 2 episodes of Metalocalypse, and knew immediatly that this was probably a Dethklok song.

• Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818

<< <i>re the horse pic... WTF! >>

//////////////////

Digicat,

I thought it was a 3-eyed goat on crack, at first! image

PoppaJ
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Return policy details:

If item does not meet the listing details it can be refunded minus a restocking fee.If merchandise is damaged upon return it will be refundable.

lol

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Update: I just got this reply this morning in my ebay.
    Dear brian,

The picture does not do this card justice. And just to let you know I have turned you in to Ebay for slander. That is not allowed here and you will be contacted soon. Just to let you know I just got everything taken care of with this card. It was a PSA mistake and the card just sold to a man in my town for $920.00. Thank You for being ignorant towards the item and I pray that Ebay gets one more of you jerks off their system. You need to also make the decision on your eternity. Christians dont speak like that.

- jhandley23

<< <i>I sent the seller a message and this is what I got back in reply.

<< <i>Dear Brian,
    the item has been revised with correct information on this card. PSA grader John silkens made the mistake and he will be getting me a new label/cardholder this afternoon. The card was graded successfully but labeled incorrectly. You are wrong by saying that is a 1963 ray sadeki card . if you think that you must be blind. read the revised version of the listing and that is what you will receive by winning the auction.

- jhandley23 >>

>>

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Just another ebay slimeball scammer.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Yeah Brian - what's your problem?!?!? I mean, just because the holder has Ray Sadecki's cert number and has a grade of 8.5 VG and has numbers that look like they've been photoshopped and are all lopsided couldn't possibly mean that guy is dishonest. Seriously!!! He has a feedback rating of 23. You don't get a feedback rating of 23 without being a top-notch on-the-level ebay seller. I am just flabbergasted that you would imply that this fellow could be a scammer. Fortunately, someone in his hometown spotted the good deal and was able to steal that card for $920. You should be ashamed of yourself.

;-)
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah Brian - what's your problem?!?!? I mean, just because the holder has Ray Sadecki's cert number and has a grade of 8.5 VG and has numbers that look like they've been photoshopped and are all lopsided couldn't possibly mean that guy is dishonest. Seriously!!! He has a feedback rating of 23. You don't get a feedback rating of 23 without being a top-notch on-the-level ebay seller. I am just flabbergasted that you would imply that this fellow could be a scammer. Fortunately, someone in his hometown spotted the good deal and was able to steal that card for $920. You should be ashamed of yourself.

;-) >>

• Options

<< <i>And just to let you know I have turned you in to Ebay for slander. That is not allowed here and you will be contacted soon. >>

Oh oh, you're gonna get it now!

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    there's a lot to like about Brian these days, nice sigline. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>And just to let you know I have turned you in to Ebay for slander. That is not allowed here and you will be contacted soon. >>

Oh oh, you're gonna get it now! >>

You'll be on double-secret probation before you know it!!
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
  • Options
    Brian, I have no choice but to ground you and take away your TV privileges, You are a mean person.

Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Update: I just got this reply this morning in my ebay.
    Dear brian,

The picture does not do this card justice. And just to let you know I have turned you in to Ebay for slander. That is not allowed here and you will be contacted soon. Just to let you know I just got everything taken care of with this card. It was a PSA mistake and the card just sold to a man in my town for $920.00. Thank You for being ignorant towards the item and I pray that Ebay gets one more of you jerks off their system. You need to also make the decision on your eternity. Christians dont speak like that.

- jhandley23

<< <i>I sent the seller a message and this is what I got back in reply.

<< <i>Dear Brian,

- jhandley23 >>

>>

>>

Jesus doesn't like fake or trimmed cards either.

• Options

<< <i>there's a lot to like about Brian these days, nice sigline. image >>

Thanks, when I get a chance one day, I will make myself a very nice animated gif banner...I think I will be almost as popular as Lawnmowerman....Well not that popular, but people will like my sig. image
  • Options
    MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    That Banks auction has to be one of the true classics I have seen on Ebay.
  • Options
    I just sent the seller a reply to his mean response he sent me. I will be sure to share his response if I get one back. I did tell him I will pray for him.

brian
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭
    Look familiar?:

Real Banks 3.5
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Yep, same card. Looking at the fake auction, you can actually see a little distortion around the areas on the flip that has been changed. I dont think its a fake flip, just one that has been photoshopped from the original auction.

Also, did you ever get a reply to your email?
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY