Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Can Smoeone Calculate

BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
the punishment fee to return a $280 hammer price coin to TeleTrade.
theknowitalltroll;

Comments

• Options
    RedTigerRedTiger Posts: 5,608
    I thought it would be easy to find this information on the Teletrade site--wrong. They seem to have buried the information.

>>
    From Teletrade:
    Q. What if I buy a coin through Teletrade® and I want to return it? Teletrade® offers a no-questions-asked return privilege subject to our standard terms and conditions. A buyer can return any lot purchased if it is sent back to Teletrade® within seven days of our shipment ...
    >>
    I didn't find where they spell out "standard terms and conditions."

From another thread someone quotes 5% on a $1650 hammer price. I don't know if it is a sliding scale or not.
    other thread
    >>
    To return it teletrade charges 5% plus 20.00- 115.00 mistake ...
    >>

I'm not sure if the $20 is the postage, or an additional restocking fee. I think you are also out postage both ways. So 5% of $280 is $14, postage both ways is about $17, so about $30 to roll the dice if you are not sure from the images.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to the bottom of ANY page and click on bidding info and then return policy.

you get THIS:

In no event does Teletrade refund postage and handling charges, nor does it reimburse Bidders or Consignors for postage used to ship coins to Teletrade. A return handling fee will be deducted from any refund for a returned lot calculated as follows: Five Dollars ($5.00) plus five percent (5%) of winning bids equaling Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00) or less; Ten Dollars ($10.00) plus five percent (5%) of winning bids in amounts in excess of Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00).

A $280 bid shud result in a return fee of $14 plus any postage you paid to get the item to you. I know they erred on a recent return, but so far have not corrected it.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    5% +$10 is quite a bit but in general I think it's not bad considering if a coin has to be returned you would probably lose more than that on the after market.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file