Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Prize for the first link or photo of a UHR in a PCGS slab

OK we all know now that PCGS has in hand a handful of UHRs for slabbing. We also know that PCGS has kept it a big secret what their slab will look like for these Piefort-like thick sculptured coins. I think whoever can locate a link or photo of a UHR in a PCGS slab deserves a prize. Of course we need to also confirm one way or the other whether the PCGS slab will allow for viewing of the lettered edges like the NGC one apparently does.

Comments

• Options
    Are you offering up the prize?
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe once one is finally posted, we can all win the prize of everyone limiting their posts to the main UHR thread instead of the dozens and dozens of threads, most of which were started by or are continuously bumped by the OP. That seems like a good prize to me image

I do want to see what the slab will look like though. No way I would send mine in like some already have done w/o any clue as to what sort of slab will be used...
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    I do want to see what the slab will look like though. No way I would send mine in like some already have done w/o any clue as to what sort of slab will be used... >>

+1
  • Options
    INXSINXS Posts: 1,202
    +2
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Methinks the reason you have NOT seen the PCGS sample slab for the UHR is because they do NOT have one ready, yet. That means that your UHR will be expecting additional delivery delays after you finally get them from the US Mint (if you decide to send them to PCGS for slabbing). How sad is that? image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone want to help me with a photoshop project? image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Methinks the reason you have NOT seen the PCGS sample slab for the UHR is because they do NOT have one ready, yet. That means that your UHR will be expecting additional delivery delays after you finally get them from the US Mint (if you decide to send them to PCGS for slabbing). How sad is that? image >>

It costs a crapload a munny to design and produce moulds to make the slabs so PCGS has gotta decide whether or not its really worth it for what could be a one shot deal.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Methinks the reason you have NOT seen the PCGS sample slab for the UHR is because they do NOT have one ready, yet. That means that your UHR will be expecting additional delivery delays after you finally get them from the US Mint (if you decide to send them to PCGS for slabbing). How sad is that? image >>

It costs a crapload a munny to design and produce moulds to make the slabs so PCGS has gotta decide whether or not its really worth it for what could be a one shot deal. >>

Just part of the cost of doing business! image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

It costs a crapload a munny to design and produce moulds to make the slabs so PCGS has gotta decide whether or not its really worth it for what could be a one shot deal. >>

Just part of the cost of doing business! image >>

So they should lose money just to look good?
  • Options

<< <i>So they should lose money just to look good? >>

As Billy Crystal playing Fernando Lamas on SNL would say, "It's better to look good than to feel good." image

NGC did it. Enough said!
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    Whats wrong with the plastic holder the Mint puts it in?
  • Options
    It's boring
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Whats wrong with the plastic holder the Mint puts it in? >>

It lacks gravitas.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So they should lose money just to look good? >>

As Billy Crystal playing Fernando Lamas on SNL would say, "It's better to look good than to feel good." image

NGC did it. Enough said! >>

Well NGC is already making a slab and they may just force fit the coin into it for all you know. Its a custom made thing for PCGS so maybe they are just trying to size up the demand first.
  • Options
    RunnersDadRunnersDad Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭
    I found that Modern Coin Mart is preselling 2009 UHR's in NGC MS70 Plastic on their website. They have superimposed an UHR into what I guess is a sample UHR slab from NGC. Anyone else seen this? At least gives you an impression of what it will look like slabbed!

UHR Superimposed into NGC Plastic....
    Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine
  • Options
    That is oooooooooold. Was put there by them way back in December or so

This is the NGC holder

NGC UHR Submission Instructions
  • Options
    LOL, this has been moved to the Giveaways forum, you are now responsible to give away something Northcoin! image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>LOL, this has been moved to the Giveaways forum, you are now responsible to give away something Northcoin! image >>

I can only think of one coin that is appropriate. image

I'm also thinking that some people are PCGS are having fun screwing with a lot of people's minds here w.r.t. the UHR. They probably posted bogus teaser (or test) shared submissions and then took them down just to watch the fireworks here. I know if I were working there, I'd be tempted to do that.
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭

"The TriVue"TM holder not only provides long-term storage protection, it allows the coin's obverse, reverse and edges to be easily seen.

Link
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    We have a winner. That is great that the prize is an MS69 UHR!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options

Nice work Placid................Looks like you just made history image
    Rod
  • Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has the prize been received yet??? image