Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Great colonial coins.......

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
.....at CRO these days. Every visit, I learn something from the site. I love these both. image

Sorry - no controversy here. image

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great coins indeed! image
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they do have really nice stuff!

K
    ANA LM
  • Options
    If I had the cash, I'd jump all over the 1st one - looks like it qualifies as an indian head copper to me. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice coins, but they probably do not qualify for my Colonial Type Set for the Masses™. image
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If I had the cash, I'd jump all over the 1st one - looks like it qualifies as an indian head copper to me. image >>

Gosh it is an Indian as at first glance it looked like Carmen Maranda! image

imageimageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Marge Simpson on a bad hair day.
  • Options
    With regards to the indigenous people, you have to wonder about the irony of the coins inscription.....

"And the design is among the most interesting of this era, featuring a folk-art style Indian and the legend LIBER NATUS LIBERTATEM DEFENDO (translated as "Born free, I defend freedom"), coupled with the New York state arms on the reverse."
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>With regards to the indigenous people >>

Glad you didn't use autochthonous people as that would have been a bit much! imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    Websters 2b reflects the heterochthonous peoples thoughts at the time.

found in a locality in which it originates, as an infectious disease.
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I don't think they teach words like autochthonous or heterochthonous where I'm from. I'm lost... image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file