Home Precious Metals
Options

Do you trade for goods/services with PM's?

Recently I've been experimenting with bartering with Silver for goods and services. I've succeeded in a few deals and I can out quite nicely on them. Whenever I list an item for sale on Craigslist or whatnot I always mention I'm willing to accept PM's as payment. I do the same when I place wanted ads. I've yet to have anyone pay me with Pm's however.
Its all relative

Comments

• Options
    I knew a guy who did that on Craigslist and the found him with 4 bullet holes because he was dumb enough to have them come to his home.
    Be careful and good luck
    Rob
  • Options
    I trade gold for essentials from my wife.

It was her Birthday Sunday.
  • Options
    My auto mechanic shop readily accepts both gold, silver and platinum for services and I always come out ahead on the deal.

They will price it at the premiums asked at local B&M stores.

Porsche goes in Tuesday.

Regular oil change at the dealer runs around $260, they do it with factory filters at $135 and they will accept a 1/10 Gold Eagle plus a Silver Eagle, or seven Silver Eagles in exchange. I'll keep my gold as I can replace the Eagles for less than the trade value.

Only place I've run into like that so far. Been a customer there for over 20 years and they know what I do, they approached me with the idea earlier this year.

Don't freak out on the price, it takes 12 quarts of Mobil 1 plus three factory filters.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    I see on craigslist all the time in my area some lady who gives massages and wants gold or silver in payment!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    When dining out....

I like putting 1 oz round[s] on the table on one side of the bill and cash on the other..

Then let them pick the payment method.....

I always stack it so the silver deal would be better for them.....

So far...... out of many offers.... only 1 waitress, in an Idaho diner, chose the silver. image
    Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • Options

<< <i>When dining out....

I like putting 1 oz round[s] on the table on one side of the bill and cash on the other..

Then let them pick the payment method.....

I always stack it so the silver deal would be better for them.....

So far...... out of many offers.... only 1 waitress, in an Idaho diner, chose the silver. image >>

I just leave Morgan or Peace Dollars, common dates. One, two or three depending on the tab.

Only once did I have a waitress come outside and tell me I made a mistake. She thought I had left a valuable collector coin, after all, it was over 100 years old.

I thanked her and explained it's real value and the silver content, she ended up thrilled. I gave her a $5 fiat note for her extra trouble. She really did mean well.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
  • Options

<< <i>I see on craigslist all the time in my area some lady who gives massages and wants gold or silver in payment! >>

Silver for a back massage, gold for the front. image
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    AHHAHAHAHAHAh, who knows Honoluludude. I never asked but I thought the craigslist ad was interesting.

PS. Honoluludude, what kind of massage would that person do for platinum or palladium?
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    DH, yeah those 911's take a hella oil....

• Options

<< <i>DH, yeah those 911's take a hella oil....

image >>

Yeah, and the turbos take even more.

First time I looked into an oil change I was shocked.

I thought the Maranello was a black hole, the 911 has it beat.

No more at the dealership, that's for sure.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I traded PMs for a 1795 $1. --Jerry