Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ever see a $5 Liberty 1847/7 variety with a 7 Dropped Way South??? (Pics Enclosed)

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
Breen 6571 1847 Blundered Date, extra 7 in border below space between 47.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Comments

• Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    I'm looking at the '7' in the date. I see nothing. What's the big deal? It's one of those microscopic 'where's waldo' varieties.

Then I look down and see it. Wow! Oops!

I had no idea that one could punch the digit of the date in such a location? Someone must have sneezed or something.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite strange, good eyes!

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    Does anyone own a up to date cherrypickers guide as I have a first edition and I'm wondering if this is a known variety?
  • Options
    its in the third edition, FS 301.
  • Options

<< <i>its in the third edition, FS 301. >>

Top50SetBuilder thanks as it's in the first edition too as FS # G-003 I couldn't find the Gold section. image
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's listed in the red book.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭
    That is really cool! image
    The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very cool

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

I cherrypicked an 1847/7 quarter when I was a YN, but it was a shift to the east and not nearly as dramatic as the half eagle you posted. Very cool.
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Nice!
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone own a up to date cherrypickers guide as I have a first edition and I'm wondering if this is a known variety? >>

That variety was well known long before the first Cherrypicker's Guide came out.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice 47/7 gone south!!!! How do you continually find these amazing things???

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file