Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The postal inspectors were at my post office today...

Like Peaceman, I have a registered package from PCGS that has gone missing. It was shipped from PCGS on the 4th, hit Carol Stream, IL on the 9th and vanished. Well, it looks like the whole Registered shipment from that day is missing! I guess there is an inquiry in progress, but I was told to file a claim.

I hope someone gets in deep chit for this!!image
It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    sorry to hear that marty
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They shipped the chicken registered?
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    Boy I hope noone had a tag package out there. image
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    what's a tag package?
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,893 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>what's a tag package? >>

you'll find your answer here image
    Coin swaps, tags and giveaways forum.
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    So what did you lose, Marty? That's too bad.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    Lots of chit happening at the post office nowadays, I just got my package back last friday from the deadmail office, my postmaster did a hell of a job. He told me someone has been fired at his/our annex for stealing and is in the process of being arrested after their investigation. Funny thing my coins were still inside the cardboard coin holders sealed, I guess the dummy couldn't figure out what that stuff was, maybe he thought the cardboard holders were stuffing. Oh well good luck Marty. I got a call for ICG today and my coins made it this time.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Hope things turn out. Considering they are humans delivering millions of mail items across the globe, the post office has done a decent job for me.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So what did you lose, Marty? That's too bad.

-Paul >>

Cert Verification #: 13549538
    PCGS Coin #: 133753
    Date, mintmark: 1923
    Denomination: $1
    Variety: VAM 1B Extra Hair
    Minor Variety:
    Mint Error:
    Pedigree:
    Grade: MS64

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Well, of course I hope you get all your PO-01 Morgans and Peace dollars back from PCGS safe and sound, and/or other higher grade, less desirable coins image

BUT, the only scenarios I can think of are bad employee(s), or a mix up in where a truck was with all these packages.

Hoping for the best there Marty image
  • Options
    hope it was stuff thats replaceable. so much for their most secure method of shipping. if he stole the whole shipment he should be fired and arrested.....

if he lost it he should have STUPID tatoo`d on his foreheadimage
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, of course I hope you get all your PO-01 Morgans and Peace dollars back from PCGS safe and sound, and/or other higher grade, less desirable coins image

BUT, the only scenarios I can think of are bad employee(s), or a mix up in where a truck was with all these packages.

Hoping for the best there Marty image >>

A mix up with registered is tough since everything has to be signed for every time they change hands. They should be able to track them to the last person that signed.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big brother is too busy watching someone else's children. They should pay attention to their own.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about the PO problem.

A little something that has been going on with my family. The post office has gone digital. What this means is if the address is not just like the digital reader wants it to be the item will either be returned to where it came from or go to the dead letter file.

Now my daughter's address is , reed st, box 268. The post office says that address does not exist.

That her address is now box 268, reed st.

I ask the post master this question,

When the postman looks for her address he should look for reed st then the apt or box number. They say no, that the box or apt number comes first then they hunt the street, reed. Now is this stupid or what. I get my mail at the PO Box. My wife gets her mail at our house. This week she found out why she has not received her car payment coupon for the past 2 months. It now comes to the PO Box.

Hope this is your problem and not some THEIF .
  • Options
    PO box or house/apt # ALWAYS comes before street name. where u been???
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    A coin sent to me First Class Insured went missing this month. Second time ever; first was a junque morgan that I felt was not worth the time to pursue.

No big thing, not a rare item. But there will be an insurance form filled out for this one, it's no so cheap that it can be dropped and forgotten.

Indeed. I wonder if the USPS is having some recent issues with theft.

• Options
    The problem is the sealed bag of registered mail between Carol Stream and Addison went missing! It wasn't only my package, but the whole days worth for the whole town!image

• Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    When i have PCGS or NGC ship to me, I have them send it with MY fed ex account, and ship anything over $1k overnight.

AJ
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That bites. I hope your stuff is found and the responsible party fired and arrested, and not protected by the union and transferred to the Palatine sorting facility.
  • Options

<< <i>When i have PCGS or NGC ship to me, I have them send it with MY fed ex account, and ship anything over $1k overnight.

AJ >>

That's OK if you have private insurance. Fed-Ex does not insure coins!

• Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would be amazed at some of the things that go on at the post office.
    When I built my house I was told I needed an address to get a building permit.
    I thought no problem, so I go to the post office and request an address.They ask if I have a mail box up.
    I say no. They tell me to put up a mail box and come back.
    I put up a mail box and go back. They inform me that they don't deliver on my road. image

They offer me a free . P.O. box in a town I've never even been to. image
    I figure it would be smarter to rent one in a town I have heard of, easier to find my mail that way.
    One day my mail stops coming to the P.O.box. I inquire at the post ofice. They tell me my address has been changed.
    I tell them I did not change it. They insist that I did. Trust me I'm not that old!!!

Long story short(er). Someone just walked into the post office, filled out a form, and whamo my mail goes somewhere else.
    Nice...
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The problem is the sealed bag of registered mail between Carol Stream and Addison went missing! It wasn't only my package, but the whole days worth for the whole town!image >>

So what, if anything, do they do to assure security of that bag while it is being transferred from location to location?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file