Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Can you guys help me on these Salada Coins?

Are these worth anything, and does having the original package bring any more value? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Completed Auctions

1962 Salada-Junket Coins Hank Aaron Milwaukee Braves $26.11

For me the envelope would add a little more to the value but not sure how much.

• Options
    What condition are they in? Do they look like they came right out of the package?
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    3 1/2 cent s postage, those were they daysimage
  • Options
    Nice coins. Looks like about $50 in eBay sales, plus the envelope factor, say $70.00. I would list the envelope separate, might get a couple collectors fight over it.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Looking in my old Standard Catalog (2005) there are a couple variations in this lot.

# 47 Pete Runnels (2B/1B) 2B being higher in book value.
    # 90 Chuck Stobbs (red shirt buttons/white shirt buttons) red being higher in book value.

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    Very nice lot. Please send me a PM if you decide to list them on ebay or if you want to sell them through this message board.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Nice Aaron...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    I agree that you might want to sell the envelope separately, should you decide to sell it.

It's probably worth more than the total of all the coins shown .... it's definitely more scarce/rare!

No matter what, great looking coins & envelope!

PoppaJ
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know nothing about the set other than it exists.

I looked up the value in the 07 Standard Catalog of BB for the Aaron and it's 35 bucks - so the one that sold for 26 bucks was about right I guess.

Here's the interesting thing - I looked at the '88 Sport Americana Price Guide to BB Collectibles - Beckett - and it listed the Aaron at 75 bucks!

I wonder what happened? The prices on this set actually dropped. I wonder if a hoard was discovered after around 1988?

Now, something that's more rare with the set is the team shield which could only be purchased thru the mail - this would add a nice premium if one were selling teams sets of the issue.

I saw a complete set with shields and variations in an auction - kind of interesting.

mike

edit: if the coin is graded - it seems to grab a bit of a premium in ebay stores - here's a PSA 8 Aaron that the guy wants 60 bucks:

Also - this guy wants 200 bucks for this Pirates team shield set with Clemente - says is mint.

Mike
  • Options
    thats a nice lot. neat find. I hope you make out on them image
  • Options

<< <i>hats a nice lot. neat find. >>

My dad bought these in the early sixties for my older brother before I was born. The envelope has my dad's current address that is why I blacked it out on here. It was interesting to see that the envelope address does not include a zip code. I guess you didn't need them back then. I don't collect these but it is the only baseball memorabilia that is left over from them they did not keep their cards from the fifties. So I might keep them for sentimental reasons not sure though.