Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

On a lighter Note, Happy Labor Day. Please post any coin you like.

Happy Labor Day to all.

In honor of this Holiday please post any coin you like, perhaps one you made
and thereby the fruit of your labor! Not necessary though. Just post a pic of a nice coin!

Unattributed 1934-D HEAVY MOTTO, Small D

imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about what was already copied onto the clipboard? There's a truly random coin post for you.

1796 Order Of Malta 2-scudi. Got it for a song, got it into PCGS VF30 plastic, and did very nicely on it.

Forget what I sold or swapped it for, but I distinctly remember the warm afterglow when all was said and done. image

That Emanuel De Rohan, whoever he was, was certainly a ferret-faced fellow, wasn't he? image

You should see some of the other guys on their 18th century coins! It's like somebody rounded up a bunch of rejects from the local Wal-Mart and put powdered wigs on 'em! image

S'OK, though- after my wheeling and dealing with this coin was all said and done, Emanuel De Rohan was a very handsome guy in my book.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite IKE Dollar image

1972-P Ty 2 MS65 ------ Should be a MS66 but I just can't get PCGS to agree with me image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    One of my personal Fav's.

• Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Happy Labor Day to all.

imageimageimage >>

You posted a Washie so I think I will post one too.

Mike
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭
    This was from summer FUN, one of the Anaconda coins listed in the auction by Heritage. Pic is Brandon's, I didn't think he'd mind if I borrowed it... graded 65 by NGC.

• Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Hope all is well for you and others in the area. Keeping priorities in perspective is important:

Bought raw from TomB: image

• Options

Ilikacoinsawholebuncha
  • Options
    baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭
    One my favs. Happy Labor Day and stay safe!

imageimage

Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • Options
    I made both of these, and I like them both a lot image

To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Grandmoms Whitmams, probably put in the albums from release, a snowy white now,,, I wonder what these would grade?

Anyway, so heres my Grandmother, then 42 years old, one son in the navy, one (my dad) still home, she was working in a coat factory....war contracts were booming then and believe me, she put in a HARD days work. Grandpop was a carpenter, building houses. Later he was 'the floor guy' and done floor sanding....

So, Grandmom is also collecting coins...that day in 1943.

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naked and free widgets.

Not worth slabbing and too worthy of eBay.

• Options

Heres mine,

PS.
    That Walker is yummy
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's one that I made ...

Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    From fellow laborer Mark Feld. image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>From fellow laborer Mark Feld. image

image >>

I'm not a lover of toners. There are exceptions. This coin is definitely eye appealing and I consider Mark a friend ...of coins and people.
  • Options
    I just "made" this one- or at least crossed it over. I wish I could capture the red and blue color. I am not normally big on mottled toning, but this half dime is very pretty in hand.
    imageimage
    "College men from LSU- went in dumb, come out dumb too..."
    -Randy Newmanimage
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Have a great Labor Day!
    Proud To Be Union IBEW Local 640
    Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'... but it's only a 'penny for your thoughts'? Where's that extra penny going to?
  • Options
    In honor of Labor Day, here is a 1900 O/CC that will be "conserved" of the rust, hopefully...

"The 2nd Protects the 1st"

Everyman Peace Dollar Set

Recommended Sellers with positive transactions: Coindeuce, Walkerguy21D, Connecticoin (ebay), itsnotjustme, camera28

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file