Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is there an action shot card with someone in the background who's rookie card is the following year?

I have no idea. I was looking through some 70's action shot cards and it occurred to me that it might be possible. It might be interesting to look through some of the Steelers action cards because 3 of their class of 74 HOFers didn't have a rookie card until 76 (Lambert), 77 (Webster), and 78 (Stallworth).

Comments

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    This card is from 1960 Topps. It shows Maury Wills taking the throw to 2nd. While he has some early food issue cards, his "rookie card" is considered to be 1963 Fleer.

Though this isn't really an "action" shot, it does feature Dave Krieg sitting on the bench on Jim Zorn's 1982 Topps card, 2 years before Krieg's rookie card in 1984 Topps.

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options

<< <i>This card is from 1960 Topps. It shows Maury Wills taking the throw to 2nd. While he has some early food issue cards, his "rookie card" is considered to be 1963 Fleer. >>

That's an excellent example.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I don't have a scan of this card, but there is a 1988 Topps card of a Reds pitcher with Chris Sabo in the background at 3rd. Sabo's rookie cards came in that year's traded/update sets.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25