Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2009 SP Authentic Ocho Cinco PSA 10

Man, I can't wait to get my hands on a 2009 SP Authentic Ocho Cinco PSA 10. Simply stated. Awesome.

/s/ JackWESQ

P.S. Are all the fantasy websites, heck all the 1,000,000 sports related websites going to have to make updates accordingly?

Comments

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I hope he gets traded next season and they change his number to 3.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I would love to see him on the Bears and he could go by any name he pleases. Just watching him from a far (not being a Bengles fan) I kind of find him amusing.
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    Wikipedia has already updated...it's actually a funny read now...they refer to him as Ocho Cinco throughout the whole article.

WikiOchoCinco
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Complete turd in my book. Can't stand him. His act was old since, I don't know, forever. It's one thing if I guy pulls this crap when his team is good...
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I guess now he won"t be fined for having ocho cinco on his back
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>coach Marvin Lewis -- who dislikes Johnson's attention-getting stunts -- referred to the receiver as "Ocho Psycho." >>

lol

+1 for Marvin Lewis
  • Options
    Typical low IQ athlete. Spanish for 85 is ochenta y cinco.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Wikipedia has already updated...it's actually a funny read now...they refer to him as Ocho Cinco throughout the whole article.

WikiOchoCinco >>

You're right-- that is too funny. I didn't think I'd get that big of a bang out of it. but once I opened the link and started reading I couldn't stop laughing. In fact, I'm still laughing as I write this.

I love Chad Johnson, and IMO this move was one for the ages. Good for him. It should net him a few million in endorsement deals, and in any case he certainly has broken new ground. I also give him a big '+1' for allowing me to spend my entire fall listening to overweight white guys in their 30's and 40's rail on about how he 'isn't doing enough for the team'.

• Options
    In a bizarre copycat move, newly drafted Patriots linebacker Jarod Mayo legally changed his name to Cinco de Mayo.
  • Options
    Chad Johnson = Complete tool. Self-promoter. IQ of an ashtray. Thug. Great receiver.

Reminds me of another tool.

There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • Options
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Wikipedia has already updated...it's actually a funny read now...they refer to him as Ocho Cinco throughout the whole article.

WikiOchoCinco >>

You're right-- that is too funny. I didn't think I'd get that big of a bang out of it. but once I opened the link and started reading I couldn't stop laughing. In fact, I'm still laughing as I write this.

I love Chad Johnson, and IMO this move was one for the ages. Good for him. It should net him a few million in endorsement deals, and in any case he certainly has broken new ground. I also give him a big '+1' for allowing me to spend my entire fall listening to overweight white guys in their 30's and 40's rail on about how he 'isn't doing enough for the team'. >>

I find it very surprising that you, one of the most intelligent posters on this board, finds this garbage entertaining. Is it the whole 'rage against the NFL machine' deal? If it is, I can see your point, but, on the surface, I think it's a tired ploy by a tired, overrated player.

Edited to say: I can't wait for an old school player this season to knock his block off coming across the middle. I know there aren't that many of these players left, but let's hope someone steps up...
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Chad Johnson's self-promotional antics are beyond boring. He's a complete tool in my book. It says alot that many of the guy's teammates don't like him.

Ocho Cinco is all about Ocho Cinco. There's no Ocho Cinco in Team!!!! image
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I think he has some very deep underlying issues in his life. Just like TO.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

WikiOchoCinco >>

I love Chad Johnson, and IMO this move was one for the ages. Good for him. It should net him a few million in endorsement deals, and in any case he certainly has broken new ground. I also give him a big '+1' for allowing me to spend my entire fall listening to overweight white guys in their 30's and 40's rail on about how he 'isn't doing enough for the team'. >>

I find it very surprising that you, one of the most intelligent posters on this board, finds this garbage entertaining. Is it the whole 'rage against the NFL machine' deal? If it is, I can see your point, but, on the surface, I think it's a tired ploy by a tired, overrated player.

Edited to say: I can't wait for an old school player this season to knock his block off coming across the middle. I know there aren't that many of these players left, but let's hope someone steps up... >>

A few points:

1) How can it be a tired ploy if it's never been done before? Listening to the coach of a team headed to the Super Bowl declare that 'nobody gave his team a shot in September' would be the freaking picture of a tired ploy. Changing your name from 'Johnson' to a butchered version of a Spanish numeral (and thank you Blackborder for pointing that out, since I wouldn't have realized that on my own) stands alone in the theatre of NFL wackiness.

2) I don't follow the 'rage against the NFL' bit. Chad Johns-- eh, 'Ocho Sinco'-- makes millions from the NFL, and the NFL (albeit indirectly) makes a good bit of money from his services. As for me personally I don't have any beef with the NFL, although I do admit that I don't take it seriously (unless I'm betting on it). And, I should add, I don't have a time for the people who do take pro football seriously, unless their paycheck is signed by a team owner.

3) I guess my question is, what's not to like? It's silly to be offended by it, since nobody can argue that Chad's actions aren't basically victimless. It seems to me like a harmless prank that's probably going to draw some laughs this season.

Bottom line, I guess, is that it all comes down to the kind of players you end up rooting for. I have all kinds of time for loose cannons like Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, and such, since the world of sports is more entertaining when they're involved. I also have all kinds of time for guys like Curtis Martin, since I can't help but root for quiet, classy guys. I don't root for red-asses like Tiger Woods, or for anyone else who acts like being a pro athlete 'means something'. To each his own, I guess, but I think where you stand on this kind of stuff says more about your personal disposition and less about how smart you are.
  • Options
    This guy, like other loud-mouthed receivers out there (read T.O.), needs to be ignored or laughed at. He's overpaid, undercapable, and an ignoramus.

Again, I hope he gets traded and the new team owners change his number.

edit to add: I choose to laugh.
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>To each his own, I guess, but I think where you stand on this kind of stuff says more about your personal disposition and less about how smart you are. >>

Exactly.
  • Options

<< <i>This guy, like other loud-mouthed receivers out there (read T.O.), needs to be ignored or laughed at. He's overpaid, undercapable, and an ignoramus.

Again, I hope he gets traded and the new team owners change his number.

edit to add: I choose to laugh. >>

That really depends on your perspective. Frank Thomas wore out his welcome with two different teams (White Sox and Blue Jays), and didn't even shake hands with his Jays teammates after a win in Detroit earlier this year after he was benched. Kenny Williams went so far as to call him an 'idiot' shortly after his departure from the Windy City. He's also making 9 million right now (I think), and you could certainly construct the argument that anyone making that kind of cabbage while hitting .240 with 8 HR's is overpaid and undercapable.

I'm not knocking Frank, because I don't know enough about his story. My only point is that all we know about these athletes is what we see on ESPN or read in the paper, and that (IMO) is rarely enough information to make any declarations about someone's character.

• Options
    I'd certainly say big Frank isn't worth the $9 mil he's being paid, but his lack of production this season is attributed to injury. I also think that $500k the A's paid him in '06 was very much an example of being under paid.

I don't question Chad Johnson's athletic ability, that's not what I meant by undercapable, I mean he consistantly displays a lack of forethought on and off the field.

In as shrewd a player as Frank Thomas can be, he's always been a selfless hitter. He's old, loves the game of baseball, and wants to play as long as he can. I don't hold that against the man. Do I think he will continue to play at that pay rate? Certainly not, it would be idiotic, but what he lacks in offensive production, he makes up for in on base percentage.
  • Options

<< <i>I'd certainly say big Frank isn't worth the $9 mil he's being paid, but his lack of production this season is attributed to injury. I also think that $500k the A's paid him in '06 was very much an example of being under paid.

I don't question Chad Johnson's athletic ability, that's not what I meant by undercapable, I mean he consistantly displays a lack of forethought on and off the field.

In as shrewd a player as Frank Thomas can be, he's always been a selfless hitter. He's old, loves the game of baseball, and wants to play as long as he can. I don't hold that against the man. Do I think he will continue to play at that pay rate? Certainly not, it would be idiotic, but what he lacks in offensive production, he makes up for in on base percentage. >>

All good points. However, you can't deny that it will hilarious to hear Roger Goodell call Chad Johnson 'Mr. Ocho Sinco' on national TV, if and when the occasion arises.
  • Options
    I can't deny it at all. In all honesty, I was very excited when Chad Johnson's was put into larger roll in '03 or so. I lived in Cincinnati as a child and have always had a soft spot for the city...to finally have a breakout preformer on the team excited me...I think I become disappointed in the guys who are "that good," when they fail to reflect their talents upon their lifestyles.
  • Options
    "After the season, coach Marvin Lewis -- who dislikes Johnson's attention-getting stunts -- referred to the receiver as "Ocho Psycho."

priceless.
  • Options
    Doesn't the trainer get to assign numbers, and doesn't he report to the head coach? I'd make the trainer give him number 90 this year. "And #90, Ocho Cinco, makes the play"