Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Washingtons needed

I'm finishing an MS65 or better 68-98 Washington Quartres set. Looking for the following graded by PCGS in MS65 or better: 65, 71, 77D, 80D, 83P, 84D, 87P, 89P, 94D.

Thanks!

Chris

Comments

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm finishing an MS65 or better 68-98 Washington Quartres set. Looking for the following graded by PCGS in MS65 or better: 65, 71, 77D, 80D, 83P, 84D, 87P, 89P, 94D.

Thanks!

Chris >>

Welcome aboard.

I'd suggest paying a lot of attention to strike and die condition on
    the '71 and '83-P and clean surfaces on the later issues. The '77-D
    often has an obverse strike deficiency.

Sorry that I can't help you with these. Good luck.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
  • Options
    docgdocg Posts: 528 ✭✭
    Chris,
    I have all of what you are looking for. PM me.

Barry
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭

Welcome to the boards and the best of luck in your coin search.

Mike
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Gee! Ya think he's coming back?

What sense is there in posting such a statement and then not return or respond to all or any of the Washington guys that are out to grant his request? image
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interested?????
  • Options
    LindeDad;

Wow!!

I've seen a few better struck and several cleaner but that is one spectacular '77. These are rarely PL and this one is also a very early strike I believe.

It almost has to be mint set but it doesn't look a lot like the typical mint set coin.

It's only a 65, eh?
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    docgdocg Posts: 528 ✭✭
    That must have come from a very new die. Amazing detail on both the reverse and obverse!
  • Options

<< <i>66
    image >>

That makes more sense.

This is one of my favorite clad dates in nice ch BU to superb gem condition. There
    were still very few people paying any attention to clads in 1977 though this coin was
    extremely heavily saved compared to most clad. It also languished in FED storage
    longer than most dates and rolls could be found at the banks as late as 1982. Pro-
    bably nearly a million coins were saved initially but many of these would have been
    intentionally released over the years. But roll quality is nearly invariably poor because
    of both strike and marking while mint set quality isn't necessarily a lot better.

These don't get the attention they deserve because they aren't especially scarce in
    the higher grades (MS-64+). But they aren't much more common in MS-63 so a lot of
    demand can come from collectors who just refuse to own the coin in low unc grade.

This date just looks nice in high grade too since they modified and raised the relief
    from the '74 issue.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭