Home U.S. Coin Forum

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• Pakasmomimageto theimageimageimageboards!image
  • pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    Thank you for the welcome, Harv. I feel like I know most of you regulars after lurking here for so long....
    The folks' accumulation included: a handful of Indian heads and a "ton" of wheaties. Shield/buffalo/wartime nickels. Lots of winged Liberty and silver Roosevelt dimes. A few Barber's and a bunch of walking liberty quarters. 2 sets of Washington quarters. (One complete and one with the three key dates missing.) Standing Liberty, Franklin and Kennedy halves. 45 mixed date Morgans. 12 or 15 Peace dollars. A couple of uncirculated Ike's. And a bunch of post 1964 clad coinage. Mostly Ike's and Kennedy's. Plus a few proof sets.
    As the executor of the estate, and with my two half-brothers breathing down my neck, I had to liquidate. I got some books and went through it all. And although there was little of real collector value just the sheer volume was daunting.... It took two people just to move the deposit box. In the end, and with the pressure from my siblings, I ended up selling everything at a coin show. Everything except the Morgans and one "sample" of each of the other old coins. I couldn't bear to part with the Morgans. I paid off the brothers. And now I'm obsessed with completing the set of Morgans. In honor of my parents. And because, for me, it was love at first sight!
    Which brings me to why I've had such an interest in this discussion about the '07 reverse.... I only ordered 6 ASE's at the beginning of the year. I ended up with 3 out of the 6 being the '07 reverse variety. All I really care about are Morgans. And I'm hoping to someday turn this accidental good fortune with the ASE's into a few Morgans for my Mom's incomplete collection. (Sorry this is story got so long.) Gayla
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>Thank you for the welcome, Harv. I feel like I know most of you regulars after lurking here for so long....
    The folks' accumulation included: a handful of Indian heads and a "ton" of wheaties. Shield/buffalo/wartime nickels. Lots of winged Liberty and silver Roosevelt dimes. A few Barber's and a bunch of walking liberty quarters. 2 sets of Washington quarters. (One complete and one with the three key dates missing.) Standing Liberty, Franklin and Kennedy halves. 45 mixed date Morgans. 12 or 15 Peace dollars. A couple of uncirculated Ike's. And a bunch of post 1964 clad coinage. Mostly Ike's and Kennedy's. Plus a few proof sets.
    As the executor of the estate, and with my two half-brothers breathing down my neck, I had to liquidate. I got some books and went through it all. And although there was little of real collector value just the sheer volume was daunting.... It took two people just to move the deposit box. In the end, and with the pressure from my siblings, I ended up selling everything at a coin show. Everything except the Morgans and one "sample" of each of the other old coins. I couldn't bear to part with the Morgans. I paid off the brothers. And now I'm obsessed with completing the set of Morgans. In honor of my parents. And because, for me, it was love at first sight!
    Which brings me to why I've had such an interest in this discussion about the '07 reverse.... I only ordered 6 ASE's at the beginning of the year. I ended up with 3 out of the 6 being the '07 reverse variety. All I really care about are Morgans. And I'm hoping to someday turn this accidental good fortune with the ASE's into a few Morgans for my Mom's incomplete collection. (Sorry this is story got so long.) Gayla >>

Hi.. hmm.. another good old family fight.. i've heard that story many times and know two or three different people who are involved in Estate fights right now.. after looking over what you had (although grades are very important too).. a COMPLETE set of Washington quarters?.. that would include the rare 1932-D and 1932-S which are worth some real money in almost any condition.. Mercury "winged Liberty" dimes.. a number of keys and semi-keys in that series, with the 1916-D being a monster, the 1921 coins, the 1942/1.. don't know if you had those.. nothing known as "walking liberty quarters" so you either mean "standing liberty quarters" or "walking liberty halves", both of which have a number of expensive dates, and again, grade is everything.. although some, like the 1916 standing liberty quarter is worth a ton of money, like the 1916-D dime, even in quite-worn condition..

well.. since most of it's gone, there's no point crying over spilt milk.. i just hope some dealers didn't smell a newbie and lowball you on anything worth serious money.. i hate it when that happens and it happens a lot.. (a friend of mine inherited a tiny 1854 Octagonal Calif. fractional Gold piece.. which had been in his family literally since that year, handed down from one generation to the next, and promised to him when he was a child.. one of the rarest of the rare, and he knew nothing about coins.. he inherited it, took possession of it.. took it to a dealer, who told him it was a "worthess token" and offered him $10.00 for it.. luckily he smelled a rat and walked out, and it's now in a PCGS slab.. and worth between $12,000.00 and $15,000.00..)..

when you said you got "some books" i'm betting one of them was the Red book which would clue you in to which coins were low Mintage and quite valuable, or which series had error coins to look for.. even though Red book prices are out of date, they can give you a ballpark idea of what's common and what's not..

as far as completing a set of Morgans.. heh.. that is a VERY long series with a LOT of coins, some of which are hellatiously expensive in ANY condition (like the 1895 Proof-only, the 1893-S, and many others)..

so not knowing what you have left, (dates, mintmarks, grades).. it's impossible to even guess what it's worth.. but those three 08/07 ASEs you lucked into are ballpark $500.00 each right now.. much more if you send them in and get them slabbed and any of them come back MS70..

Mr. Bajjerfan here, who is probably reading this, is a Morgan expert and a long-time distant coin friend of mine.. he could lead you in the right direction with those.. but this thread isn't the place to do that.. PM (private message) with him.. or exchange email addresses privately or whatever.. but those are his specialty.. and he knows them inside-out..

Harv
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • 'Maybe the FOI request needs to come from someone with a lot of clout so they can't ignore the question so easily. I would love to see the major error dealers and pattern collectors push the issue on this coin.'

Any posters here represented by a U.S. Senator or Congress(wo)man facing a tough re-election battle this year (and preferably serving on the banking or other relevant committeeimage? A well-written letter from constituent(s) certainly would not hurt. I wrote a letter to my embattled Congressman communicating my expectation that he support the 'National Parks' Coin program when it reaches the regular house floor. As I am only one constituent, I was surprised to get such a rapid response. Even more surprising was that one of my U.S. Senators, who is retiring this year, replied pretty promptly and expressed guarded support for the house bill.
    Umm... standing quarters and walking halves. I stand corrected. (And if I could figure out how to get and use the emotions, there'd be a smiley face here.)

I'm glad to see the number of listings for the ASE's going down. And prices for the raws holding at +$400. I agree with Pitboss. I think this is a long term play and "Ya gotta know when to hold 'em." Maybe someday, down the road, I can turn a couple of them into a '93-S...

As for sending them in to be graded and slabbed, I'm not sure that I agree. It seems like there are some people willing to pay a premium for "the chance" of getting a 70.... Verses paying the same money for a slabbed '69.
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    image After you hit the "reply" or the "quote" then use the "select emotion" dropdown menu. image
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome pakasmom.........image
    image Thanks Smokincoin and Goldbully. I'm testing the emoticons here....image
  • WELCOME imageimage
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image Thanks Smokincoin and Goldbully. I'm testing the emoticons here....image >>

I remember when I had 4 posts..........image
    image Thanks guys! (I didn't think it was working since I didn't see the image before posting.)

<< <i>image Thanks guys! (I didn't think it was working since I didn't see the image before posting.) >>

hit the [preview] button just below the box you're typing into.. and you can see the emoticons instead of just colon word semicolon.. kinda stoopid that the emoticon pull-down just has words and not pictures.. well you could do a test posting with ALL of them, then preview it, then take a screen-grab and save it off somewhere, and cancel the posting..
    you can do other stuff like insert links and even pictures..

and of course, a .signature, but you have to do that with the [customize] or [profile] buttons to the right above the wide blue bar up top.. oh.. and there's ONE day a month you can upload a custom avatar picture, the 15nd of each month.. any other day of the month, you can only select the ones in inventory..

and if you make a dumb spellung mistcake, you can go back and Edit your posting.. no matter how old it is.. and no one will bother you about it unless your name is Tony..

Harv
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • 25% cash back is back. Time to wheel and deal again!
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where/how are you guys getting this 25% cash back? Got a link or something?
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    TODAYS LISTINGS

105 for sale this morning

17 ending tonight

47 buy it now

24 listed yesterday

30 sold yesterday

6 expired unsold yesterday

Looking good as long as nobody gets carried away and lists a bunch of them.
    WEEKLY PCGS POP"S

08/08
    5-68's
    5413-69,s
    885-70's

08 rev 07

11-68's
    953-69's
    64-70's

08 rev 07 first strike

1-68
    1485-69's
    64-70's

• CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Where/how are you guys getting this 25% cash back? Got a link or something? >>

Hey Jesse, you have to use the msn search engine to get into Ebay, go to www.live.com, then search for instance first spouse gold, then link into ebay, then search and buy what you want. Think it's just for buyitnows that accept paypal, so if you hit buyitnow, before you commit it'll show your cashback amount...
    Listing's just dropped under 100. 10 sold already today.
  • stckplungestckplunge Posts: 469 ✭✭
    Is my interpretation correct on this 25% microsoft scam/deal - you can only do this three times and that's it. If that is the case why not just set up 3 fake auctions for $1000.00 and get a friend to bid on them and pocket the $750.00. Besides the unethical nature of doing this and the lack of morals, seems like a good idea!

Jeff
    I still have not figured out how to do that deal. If I don't understand it, I am sure not going to get involved.
  • stckplungestckplunge Posts: 469 ✭✭

<< <i>I still have not figured out how to do that deal. If I don't understand it, I am sure not going to get involved. >>

I couldnt figure it out either because some of the instructions already given had a lot more detail than a person needed. I finally tried it and it is essentially automated. All one needs to do is got to http://www.live.com/ and search for something. I just search for "silver eagles". After the search is complete, you simply click on the link near the top of the screen (grayish section) where the preferred search companies are located and click on the graphic with the words "live search cashback" - this is a link to ebay. You should then be directed to ebay complete with the exhaustive list of Silver Eagles. Find one you want (as long as it is a buy it now) and everything else is automatic. You can go through all the steps in buying it now and it will show you how much you will get back. You do not have to buy the item to see the verification. You will then get an email telling you exactly how to get the money - essentially you just sign up for a microsoft email address and boom, you have an account that lists your cash back total. Anyway once you do it it seems pretty easy. Whether I ever see any money is another story - the wording in the terms is vague enough that you may never see any of this money. In any case, I bought a PCGS 1993 P Silver Proof today for a buy it now price of $130.00. Got 32.75 back on the cash back program so the net cost for this coins was $97.25. I thought this was a good deal whether I get the cash back or not (well at least not a terrible deal).

Jeff

P.S. I know this has all been posted before but sometimes a different way of explaining it helps - then again, maybe mine doesnt help at all.
  • rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    It does involve some time to read all the fine print, and yes, three times is it on ebay. But, I was able to locate the press release through the microsoft.com website confirming it, and once you sign up, it is noted in ebay. I successfully bought 3 ounces of gold for under $1080 each, and in "My Messages" in ebay it does state I have 250.00 for each transaction coming back to me in 2 months through paypal. I was very skeptical at first, but I am confident now that it is not a scam.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Late as usual for the NGC POP's:

Total graded= 12396 which is an increase of 184 over last week

Added to the PCGS POP's makes a total of 14974 graded by the top two grading agencies.

Working on a 47000 mintage leaves a LOT (over 32,000) of raw coins out there (or the 47k number is a tad high)

2008 W EAGLE S$1 REVERSE OF 2007 MS 5552
    2008 W EAGLE REV OF 07 S$1 EARLY RELEASES MS 6844

Probably 15 to 20,000 high.

<< <i>It does involve some time to read all the fine print, and yes, three times is it on ebay. But, I was able to locate the press release through the microsoft.com website confirming it, and once you sign up, it is noted in ebay. I successfully bought 3 ounces of gold for under $1080 each, and in "My Messages" in ebay it does state I have 250.00 for each transaction coming back to me in 2 months through paypal. I was very skeptical at first, but I am confident now that it is not a scam. >>

2 months!?.. while someone floats it off-shore and makes 15 to 20% on it, probably.. that's what PayPal does with your incoming payments which is why it takes three to four business days for a withdrawal from PayPal to hit your bank account.. they charge you a fee every time you receive money (if you have a Premier account).. meanwhile, they float the money into off-shore banks, and make a ton of interest on it.. then float it back and send it to your bank as an electronic deposit..

AND..

it seems the higher the amount you withdraw, the longer it takes to hit your bank account.. for instance, i sold a something or other on eBay for about $350.00, the guy paid me nearly instantly, and PayPal took their skim.. i immediately withdrew his money into my bank account.. it didn't show up for six days (the Holiday could have affected that or not..) .. meanwhile, i sold a couple of $12.00 items, both buyers paid me within an hour, i immediately withdrew their money and it hit my bank account in two days..

i've had a PayPal Premier account since 2000 (eight years for the slow counters).. and i've noticed this pattern over and over again.. the higher the amount you withdraw into your linked bank account, the longer it takes to get there, while tiny amounts take a third of the time.. even on a weekend..

now either i'm missing some basic truth here, or that's the game they're playing..

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy should it take two freakin' months for you to get your $750.00?.. who's got that money during that time and what are they doing with it, if not floating it off-shore and making interest on it?..

Harv
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I just did the 25% cashback thingy and read almost all the conditions.

It takes 2 months for them to release the cashback and then 14 days to get to your preferred payment device.

I have $118.74 coming around Sept 20th. image

Joe

Harv, it is a Microsoft promotion, microsoft withholds the cash back to make sure the deal went though and wasn't returned, so people aren't just scamming the system. It is basically free money. Paypal has nothing to do with the amount of time it takes.

• << <i>Harv, it is a Microsoft promotion, microsoft withholds the cash back to make sure the deal went though and wasn't returned, so people aren't just scamming the system. It is basically free money. Paypal has nothing to do with the amount of time it takes. >>

I just don't get why Microsoft would do this promotion. What are they getting out of it? I haven't tried it yet because it just seems to good to be true. Any thoughts why they are doing this???
    First, here is the press release for Microsoft (from microsoft.com) MS press release

My guess why? They lost their bid to take over Yahoo, and still want to go after Google in the search arena on the web, not to mention they have boatloads of cash.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It does involve some time to read all the fine print, and yes, three times is it on ebay. But, I was able to locate the press release through the microsoft.com website confirming it, and once you sign up, it is noted in ebay. I successfully bought 3 ounces of gold for under $1080 each, and in "My Messages" in ebay it does state I have 250.00 for each transaction coming back to me in 2 months through paypal. I was very skeptical at first, but I am confident now that it is not a scam. >>

2 months!?.. while someone floats it off-shore and makes 15 to 20% on it, probably.. that's what PayPal does with your incoming payments which is why it takes three to four business days for a withdrawal from PayPal to hit your bank account.. they charge you a fee every time you receive money (if you have a Premier account).. meanwhile, they float the money into off-shore banks, and make a ton of interest on it.. then float it back and send it to your bank as an electronic deposit..

AND..

it seems the higher the amount you withdraw, the longer it takes to hit your bank account.. for instance, i sold a something or other on eBay for about $350.00, the guy paid me nearly instantly, and PayPal took their skim.. i immediately withdrew his money into my bank account.. it didn't show up for six days (the Holiday could have affected that or not..) .. meanwhile, i sold a couple of $12.00 items, both buyers paid me within an hour, i immediately withdrew their money and it hit my bank account in two days..

i've had a PayPal Premier account since 2000 (eight years for the slow counters).. and i've noticed this pattern over and over again.. the higher the amount you withdraw into your linked bank account, the longer it takes to get there, while tiny amounts take a third of the time.. even on a weekend..

now either i'm missing some basic truth here, or that's the game they're playing..

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy should it take two freakin' months for you to get your $750.00?.. who's got that money during that time and what are they doing with it, if not floating it off-shore and making interest on it?..

Harv >>

We shall see shortly if that is true. Most of my small ones have been pretty quick; one or two days tops. I still have just the personal account.
    theknowitalltroll;

• << <i>Is my interpretation correct on this 25% microsoft scam/deal - you can only do this three times and that's it. If that is the case why not just set up 3 fake auctions for $1000.00 and get a friend to bid on them and pocket the $750.00. Besides the unethical nature of doing this and the lack of morals, seems like a good idea!

Jeff >>

Ehh...I wouldn't reccommend it. I tried it, thinking that it was OK to do so...it wasn't. My ebay account, along with my wife's, were suspended for 14 days... image
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    image.....image
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Harv, it is a Microsoft promotion, microsoft withholds the cash back to make sure the deal went though and wasn't returned, so people aren't just scamming the system. It is basically free money. Paypal has nothing to do with the amount of time it takes. >>

No kidding. Sheesh. So many people want to suspect everything. If folks don't want to do it, DON'T DO IT then. Calling it a "scam" without knowing the details is just shortsighted.
    Whining about getting any money back at all (essentially "Free" money), is pretty poor as well. As stated, the money is held back in case of returns. It may come faster, it may not, but it isn't putting anyone out on anything. Not like saying "25% back when buying MS software". There are, essentially, when buying on ebay, almost no conditions on what you can buy to get the cashback.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>

<< <i>Is my interpretation correct on this 25% microsoft scam/deal - you can only do this three times and that's it. If that is the case why not just set up 3 fake auctions for $1000.00 and get a friend to bid on them and pocket the $750.00. Besides the unethical nature of doing this and the lack of morals, seems like a good idea!

Jeff >>

Ehh...I wouldn't reccommend it. I tried it, thinking that it was OK to do so...it wasn't. My ebay account, along with my wife's, were suspended for 14 days... image >>

So, you tried to scam the system and got busted? image
    I guess just getting money back from purchases wasn't enough.....some may say that it was worth a try, but I think it tells a lot about a person when they shoot for scamming like that.....I'm just sayin'.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Is my interpretation correct on this 25% microsoft scam/deal - you can only do this three times and that's it. If that is the case why not just set up 3 fake auctions for $1000.00 and get a friend to bid on them and pocket the $750.00. Besides the unethical nature of doing this and the lack of morals, seems like a good idea!

Jeff >>

Ehh...I wouldn't reccommend it. I tried it, thinking that it was OK to do so...it wasn't. My ebay account, along with my wife's, were suspended for 14 days... image >>

I guess just getting money back from purchases wasn't enough.....some may say that it was worth a try, but I think it tells a lot about a person when they shoot for scamming like that.....I'm just sayin'. >>

Um...are you insulting me? If so, please stop. As I said before, I believed that I wasn't doing anything illegal at the time. I was actually quite surprised when ebay accused me of..."schilling" since I was only trying to take advantage of a great promotion (which others were doing as well).

I put in my two cents because I thought it'd be helpful to others to know, even though I knew it'd be embarrassing to me. However, if you want to make this personal, then by all means, take your best shot, and then prepare for my retaliation.
    Not to interrupt you two, but... it's interesting to see that the bidders on the raw ASE's with '07 reverse seem to be totally put off by the BIN's and the listings with a reserve. All the "true auctions" with no reserve continue to hold today at +$400. And quite a few with a reserve are starting to be ignored completely.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Jeff >>

I guess just getting money back from purchases wasn't enough.....some may say that it was worth a try, but I think it tells a lot about a person when they shoot for scamming like that.....I'm just sayin'. >>

Um...are you insulting me? If so, please stop. As I said before, I believed that I wasn't doing anything illegal at the time. I was actually quite surprised when ebay accused me of..."schilling" since I was only trying to take advantage of a great promotion (which others were doing as well).

I put in my two cents because I thought it'd be helpful to others to know, even though I knew it'd be embarrassing to me. However, if you want to make this personal, then by all means, take your best shot, and then prepare for my retaliation. >>

Threaten me all you want.
    If you didn't think "taking advantage" of a great promotion, in the way you described, was unethical, then I think a college class, or two, in ethics would be a good thing for you image

There are a lot of ways to "take advantage" of the situation. I've known about it since it was posted here and was 35%. People were putting up cash (say, $1000 with a BIN of $1100 or something) so "everyone was a winner". I didn't think that was using it in the intended sense of the promotion, so I didn't do it.

I still have 2 left. I'm not trying to make out the $750 but rather trying to use it for things that I would want. For some of us, it isn't all about the next big flip or how to beat the system.
    Some may disagree with me, and that is fine, but I am fine with ethics by not trying to get one over on others for my own benefit.

• << <i>For some of us, it isn't all about the next big flip or how to beat the system.
    Some may disagree with me, and that is fine, but I am fine with ethics by not trying to get one over on others for my own benefit. >>

This promotion was created by Microsoft to get more exposure of their live.com search engine. They're the ones who are paying for everything. Everyone else wins...ebay, paypal, the buyers and the sellers, and Microsoft pays the tab. We didn't make the rules here, they did. They determined what's eligible, who's eligible, which discount rate for which times, what the maximum cash back deals are...they determined EVERYTHING.

Is this unethical? No, I believe it's completely ethical. For us to think that the folks are Microsoft are so stupid that they couldn't anticipate people using their system to make a buck....c'mon....and what's Microsoft getting out of this deal? Millions and millions of hits on their website every single day. I can't even count how many times every hour I log on to see what the cash back rate is. Now, multiply that by the number of waking hours in a day, and then by the millions of people who are already aware of this promotion.

Last week, I've never heard of live.com. Now? I know Google, yahoo, and live.com. Did they get what they're paying for? I think so.

<< <i>

<< <i>For some of us, it isn't all about the next big flip or how to beat the system.
    Some may disagree with me, and that is fine, but I am fine with ethics by not trying to get one over on others for my own benefit. >>

This promotion was created by Microsoft to get more exposure of their live.com search engine. They're the ones who are paying for everything. Everyone else wins...ebay, paypal, the buyers and the sellers, and Microsoft pays the tab. We didn't make the rules here, they did. They determined what's eligible, who's eligible, which discount rate for which times, what the maximum cash back deals are...they determined EVERYTHING.

Is this unethical? No, I believe it's completely ethical. For us to think that the folks are Microsoft are so stupid that they couldn't anticipate people using their system to make a buck....c'mon....and what's Microsoft getting out of this deal? Millions and millions of hits on their website every single day. I can't even count how many times every hour I log on to see what the cash back rate is. Now, multiply that by the number of waking hours in a day, and then by the millions of people who are already aware of this promotion.

Last week, I've never heard of live.com. Now? I know Google, yahoo, and live.com. Did they get what they're paying for? I think so. >>

Sure...but, just like gecko, you seem to leave out portions when you make your arguments. You didn't think it was unethical to set up a BIN using one spouse's account, then hit it yourself to buy it just to get the cash back?
    First, that is considered ebay shilling. Second, tell me you didn't think that was unethical and was within the area of what MS was after when they did the promotion.

Just tell me that in your own words without any rationalization or meandering and I will be happy.

• << <i>Sure...but, just like gecko, you seem to leave out portions when you make your arguments. You didn't think it was unethical to set up a BIN using one spouse's account, then hit it yourself to buy it just to get the cash back?
    First, that is considered ebay shilling. Second, tell me you didn't think that was unethical and was within the area of what MS was after when they did the promotion.

Just tell me that in your own words without any rationalization or meandering and I will be happy. >>

I don't want to drag this out, since I'm just SOOOOO sure that members here just love to have their thread highjacked. I have no idea of exactly what MS was after. Frankly, I don't care either. They set the rules, I followed them. THE END.

As for the schilling accusation, I wasn't even aware of the term. I didn't seen anything wrong with selling my wife something over ebay. Why is that against the rules? How about selling to a relative next door? Or a friend across town? Or a stranger across country? What's the difference? That was my thinking at the time. I had no intention of "schilling" at all. If I really wanted to do that, trust me, I would have been a lot more effective than selling a $1200 coin that was only worth $450 at the time. And after that, I wouldn't have announced it to the public, not only here, but also at the ebay forums. Then, after that, I wouldn't have reversed everything, ebay, paypal, and the MS Cashback transaciton.

I've already gone over all of these several pages back. In the future, before you start pointing fingers, I reccommend that you do a bit more reading before you do so. Thank you.
  • adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭

[edit]Four thousand, six hundred and ninety one.

<< <i>

<< <i>Sure...but, just like gecko, you seem to leave out portions when you make your arguments. You didn't think it was unethical to set up a BIN using one spouse's account, then hit it yourself to buy it just to get the cash back?

Just tell me that in your own words without any rationalization or meandering and I will be happy. >>

I don't want to drag this out, since I'm just SOOOOO sure that members here just love to have their thread highjacked. I have no idea of exactly what MS was after. Frankly, I don't care either. They set the rules, I followed them. THE END.

As for the schilling accusation, I wasn't even aware of the term. I didn't seen anything wrong with selling my wife something over ebay. Why is that against the rules? How about selling to a relative next door? Or a friend across town? Or a stranger across country? What's the difference? That was my thinking at the time. I had no intention of "schilling" at all. If I really wanted to do that, trust me, I would have been a lot more effective than selling a $1200 coin that was only worth $450 at the time. And after that, I wouldn't have announced it to the public, not only here, but also at the ebay forums. Then, after that, I wouldn't have reversed everything, ebay, paypal, and the MS Cashback transaciton.

I've already gone over all of these several pages back. In the future, before you start pointing fingers, I reccommend that you do a bit more reading before you do so. Thank you. >>

I did read. I find your ignorance to be amusing. I always find it interesting when people see nothing wrong with questionable practices. Must be how I was raised versus how others were raised.

There are some very ethical members on these boards...there are also some dubious ones...some "pump and dump, chump" types as well. It will be interesting to see how you end up image

• << <i>I did read. I find your ignorance to be amusing. I always find it interesting when people see nothing wrong with questionable practices. Must be how I was raised versus how others were raised.

There are some very ethical members on these boards...there are also some dubious ones...some "pump and dump, chump" types as well. It will be interesting to see how you end up image >>

$3,688.54 richer. image

Oh, and by the way, I've probably done more to raise the price of this coin than you ever will. I've bought...21 coins so far. With these, I've sold to B&M dealers (for $500 or $475, and a few to individual buyers). Not only have I informed members here of what I've discovered, I've actually played a part in the demand of this coin. This has nothing to do with pumping and dumping. It has to do with moving an undervalued property to someplace where it's more valued. The coins that I've bought has helped to keep demand up (not artificial demand by the way, since the B&M stores are actually selling the same coins that I'm supplying them at $599/coin). So tell me, what have you done today? image
    Now, THAT'S funny too image

• Question: when you go into your Microsoft account, are you suppose to see pending payment. I see it with e-Bay, but not Microsoft.

Thanks for your help!

I did see the pending payment within 24 hours.
    Puritan,

Use this link.
    Then, signin (if you haven't already set up a live account, then use the link and do that).

Once you are set up, and/or logged in, you will see (usually within 24 hours...mine was under a day), how much you have coming to you in your account once the waiting period is over (funds are viewable within a day or two, usually, but won't come to you for a month or two, usually).

• I just bought two items yesterday and then registered. I guess it is too early to see it.

Bochiman, thank you.
    That link doesn't work.
  • Hello, this is my first posting on this sight. First off, thank you folks for truely taking an interest in this coin and ASE in general. I am new to collecting and this was my first coin of choice to collect. Last January, my first mint purchase was an ASE proof, and in March I bought 4 ASE burnished and got lucky. I followed it up in April with 4 more, just to get 08/08's. I sent all the burnished off to NGC and got 2 MS70's (my best and worst submitted of the 07/08's) and all MS70's on my 08/08's. I've been lurking for a while, and if I remember, about 3000 post ago, someone mentioned something about idenifying 15 different hubs. Is anyone up for a game of "find the hub"? In my 07/08's there are small inperfections that match across coins. Two coins have a shinny spot on the bottom of the N in ONE. The other 2 have a pin point relection on the rim above the A in AMERICA. I think this is from where the hubs started to wear. The lesser of the 2 on each set show more inperfections. A spot on the right wing tip appears on my lesser ASE (along with the N spot) and more pin point "specks" are on the other matching coin (with the A rim "speck"). I can only assume these are from 2 different hubs. Please comment, like I said I'm new at this and wish to learn more.
  • 4700 !!

Welcome to the boards................

Dan
    Fishing is not a matter of life and death.......It's much more important than that........

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file