Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is "typecoin" on ebay a fellow forum member?

dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
"typecoin" sure has some very nice type coins.image
image...There's always time for coin collecting. image

Comments

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've bought from him before. I've lost auctions to his higher bid before and I've beat him on auctions before. He definitely gets around on eBay. See that name all the time.
  • Options
    GFourDriverGFourDriver Posts: 2,366
    I've bought a couple of coins from him, he is a great seller with nice coins and will work with you on the price. I asked him if he was a member of the forums and he said that he was too busy and would never have the time to get on here.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just bought a few as well. The 25% cashback on each coin using the live.com deal made it worthwhile. Got a couple of coins so far and am pleased. Still waiting on the others.
  • Options
    marmacmarmac Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭
    bought from him -good guy!
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Jerry is a top-notch seller.image
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I've bought two coins from him at shows. Good guy. --Jerry
  • Options
    COALPORTERCOALPORTER Posts: 2,900 ✭✭
    I've never bought off ebay, just at shows.
    He is from Lockford CA and does some of the live shows like Santa Clara. Much better selection and PRICE than any of the other type coin dealers I am aware of. PQ coins for a fair price- not the price for 2 grades higher.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    He gets most of his coins via heritage, so ive found most of them to be priced a little high. Otherwise a friendly person.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    I've bought a small pile of coins from Typecoin, usually at shows but sometimes via mail. Typecoin (Jerry) is my most trusted dealer. His prices are usually consistent with Coin Values retail (so a little strong), but he sells great stuff. No way will this dealer try and "put one over on you" or otherwise take advantage of either a buyer or seller. Jerry is fair, honest and ethical. (just wish he could find a 1C matron head for me in MS65 in PCGS plastic that is better struck than the one I have now).

I just got an email from him. He'll be set up at the Red Lion show in Sac next month.

Cheers,

Bob
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerry's inventory has been a great place to find MSN cashback buys, I think I got at least 4 from him w/ cashback!! Also purchased from him at the Long Beach show, great to deal with.
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I've done multiple deals with him, all at shows. One of my favorite dealers.
  • Options
    Bought several nice coins from him....never an issue. I think his selection vs prices are some of the best on Ebay....not cheap but fair image
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dizzyfoxx, Jerry is a good guy easy to deal with smooth like butter! image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He gets most of his coins via heritage, so ive found most of them to be priced a little high. Otherwise a friendly person. >>

I have lost many coins on HA that turned up on ebay next week. I have purchased a few coins over the years and was happy with all of them
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    I've purchased some sweet coins. PQ sort of stuff from Jerry. Strong money for a great coin is okay in my book - Jerry has very fair prices. But my favorite part is on the two occasions when I have returned coins to Jerry because the coins didn't meet my overly snooty expectations, Jerry never blinked an eye. He just refunded my money. Never quipped over shipping either. Jerry is a class act.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file