Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Sandy Koufax 1961 Topps #344 PSA 8

$199 delivered to members of the Collectors Universe forum if you mention your handle when you purchase. Price includes free shipping, insurance and delivery confirmation on the shipment. PayPal accepted at no extra cost.

http://www.freewebs.com/cassidyssportscards/

Comments

• Options
    He bought the card on April 17th for $168.50......Can you just for one time in your life have a post about something constructive instead of spamming every thread?
  • Options
    This dude has been a topic of a few threads. Never posts anything but spam for his website. The only exception would be his WTB threads so he can put them on his website for more than he bought them from us.
  • Options
    Here's a more recent comp from e-Bay for a Koufax 1961 Topps #344 PSA 8

June 15, 2008

$204.29 bid price
    $ 4.95 shipping
    $ 4.60 insurance
    -----------
    $213.84 total cost

My price for the same PSA 8 card - $199 delivered, including insurance and delivery confirmation.

If you have any doubts about the recent eBay comp, check the link below:

Koufax 1961 PSA 8 June 15 eBay Sale Link

If you can find a non-auction advertised price for less than $199 delivered, please post it (---but you shouldn't bother, because you won't find one anywhere on the web or elsewhere). My price even beats some recent eBay auction comps like the one above. (Flintboy - Too bad you can't go back in time and buy the card for less).

I am posting a card for sale in a Buy / Sell / Trade section of the forum. The cards that I offer in my posts represent exceptional value to collectors. This is why they sell so quickly. The jealously of haters does not stop me from buying / selling / trading vintage cards. I will continue to ignore your non-sense and have many successful transactions with individuals who are interested in vintage card collecting. Thanks for the bumps though - I appreciate you keeping my posts at the top of the forum lists.

Vintage Baseball Cards 1909 - 1976

• Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Is this 708 Sportscards?
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's a more recent comp from e-Bay for a Koufax 1961 Topps #344 PSA 8

June 15, 2008

$204.29 bid price
    $ 4.95 shipping
    $ 4.60 insurance
    -----------
    $213.84 total cost

My price for the same PSA 8 card - $199 delivered, including insurance and delivery confirmation.
    >>

Need we remind you that centering DOES play a crucial part in pricing? All PSA 8's are NOT created equal and accordingly, they do not sell at the same prices.
  • Options
    I'm not so sure that his PSA 8 belongs in an 8 holder. Looks a little OC T/B and bottom left corner looks soft.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    whats the problem? the guy can't flip a card and make a couple dimes?? he got a good deal
    passing it on for a reasonable price.. and he is on the b/s/t board..

I say gitty up image
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭✭
    Buy, sell and trade is exactly that. I think what he does is perfectly fine. He buys things for a good deal and tries to turn a profit. If you want to be upset or want a good laugh- look at 707's 1967 Carew rookie in an 8. It's terrible. After reading Rons 708 sportscards it made me think of this. The only thing I ask of Blue Devil is sell some high end Mantle's and get this B/S/T board jumping.
    Mickey71image
  • Options
    I have no problem with a guy trying to make a few bucks. The only problem I have with this guy is he tries to buy cards from board members then post a message later about adding the same card to his website inventory.
  • Options

<< <i>I have no problem with a guy trying to make a few bucks. The only problem I have with this guy is he tries to buy cards from board members then post a message later about adding the same card to his website inventory. >>

Or brag about how much his occassional foolishness does for his website or how much of a bang-up business he does.

He's a bit juvenile at times (aren't we all), and I have no problem with someone trying to make a buck, but I tire of his ill comparisions and inflated salesmanship. All one needs do is read the thread about his BGS Ryan rookie to see what I'm speaking of.
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>I have no problem with a guy trying to make a few bucks. The only problem I have with this guy is he tries to buy cards from board members then post a message later about adding the same card to his website inventory. >>

I don't see how that's a problem. No harm done as far as I can tell. And as for having any inflated sense of value or quality of the cards in his possession, I'd guess 9 out of every 10 collectors and/or dealers have the same sort of bias. I say cut the guy some slack and let him post on the BST board without a hassle.
  • Options
    I guess call me old school, I still look at this past time as a hobby and the people on these boards as a group of hobbyists. I have no problem with people who contribute to the boards in a constructive manner and post some cards for sale from time to time. I do that as well on occasion. If any one wanted to go to 707,s, Kit Youngs, etc websites to buy cards, they know how to do it. I dont see them spamming post after post on these boards. I still to this day have not seen one post from Blue Devil that was not spam. If 707 or Kit Young was twice weekly spamming the boards I believe most of you would get tired real quick of it. All Blue Devil cares about is making a quick buck, he could care less about the hobby....
  • Options
    Well I guess the price jumped up a little bit on the Koufax. While scanning another website, Mr. Bluedevil posted the same card to board members there for $229.00. You better buy low now on this website...............
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Guys this is the BUY/SELL/TRADE forum, while I dislike this guys tactics and how he once dragged me into a
    confrontation he is using the forum the way it is supposed to be.

What he buys and sells items for should be of no concern to anyone. If you feel an item is priced high, don't buy it or make a counteroffer.

JMO

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    And he spams all over my local Craigslist. I don't care if they ever have a card I want, I won't deal with spammers.
  • Options
    Heck, I will even post a link to an occassional eBay auction from time to time, but I think there's a difference between SPAMMING auctions regularly and posting a buy/sell/trade on occassion. At least BlueDevil keeps it somewhat civil with a single item here and there versus some that will list multiple items several times a week!

Just my two cents...
  • Options
    And he doesn't use a paypal question to spam an auction(s) then sell it off line either.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    But it appears he does think this is the blue collar district of hobby message boards, given the discounted price. The other board must be more highbrow than this one.

Burgundy
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Price on my website has always been $229.

Consider the $199 offer a discount for the "witty banter" that one gets in return for posting in this forum.

• Options
    Duke sucks
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭
    Pretty astounding that the guy's now catching grief for offering the card here for $30 less than he offers it anywhere else. Now we're insulted for not being charged higher prices, I suppose. Amazing. I'm not sure if that's more or less absurd than comparing him to 707sportscards when his price is within $5 of the VCP average... and when 707 has a PSA 8 of the same card (that actually DOES have real centering problems) priced for $125 more.

• Options
    It's not the spamming that bothers us. It's the fact that all he does is spam here. Then if no one replies, he bumps it daily. Never posts anything other than advertising his cards on his website.
  • Options
    Now lsu, that's stretching the truth a bit, isn't it. I do occasionally post a card that I wish to sell. Not more than some others though. And anyone who checks any of my threads will see that I'm not a daily bumper. Maybe two times a week --- three tops. You will never find an eBay spam from me.

As far as me not posting except to buy or sell cards, I see that as a plus versus all of the venom that you spew all over everyone else's threads. Anyone who does a search on your handle will quickly recognize that you have the forum equivalent of road-rage ("post-rage" I guess).

Have you considered therapy or anger management? You might give it a try.

http://www.freeweb.com/cassidyssportscards/
  • Options
    Duke sucks
  • Options
    Byron

This guy is catching grief here because of the way he acted when he was trying to sell
    his Ryan rookie.

That was the thread where he dragged me into a pissing contest with him when all i asked was what did he want for the card.

And when he responded I simply said....oh ok.

He then went on and outright lied when he claimed I edited my post, insinuating that I had changed my story.

Meanwhile the edit was 1 minute after I posted and was for a typo and he wasn't even online at the time.

As far as I am concerned he can post here all he wishes (it is afterall a B/S/T) forum and price his cards
    at any level he wishes.

I think this is why he is catching grief from many here.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I just don't like Duke.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the thread to post an ebay auction and giving it a bump or two before the auction is over, I will admit I do that. But what annoys me is having one thread devoted to a personnel website. JMO.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I pee on duke.
  • Options
    I think Stingray hit the nail on the head. I think the B/S/T board was set up for hobbyists that may have an extra card, moved on to diffrent collecting goals, etc, etc. I dont think this board was set up to spam your personal website. Like I said earlier, if 707 or Kit Young were to do the same thing this guy is doing, people would be singing a diffrent tune. There is no diffrence between this guy and the above mentioned. This guy just is on a smaller scale.
  • Options
    Dude's gonna bump it anyway so I might as well say DUKE SUCKS!!
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    duke is a vessel which has been known to house my pee.
  • Options
    IMO a person can link his thread to a web site.

If one goes to the PCGS forum, there, posted at the top are B/S/T rules.

Linking to a web site is not among the rules.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Not suggesting that this is the start of a trend or anything, more posting it as a point of interest...

A Sandy Koufax 1961 Topps #344 PSA 7 just sold for over $200.

See link below to the eBay auction:

Sandy Koufax PSA 7 Sells for $200+ June 28, 2008

• Options
    You are correct. A perfectly centered card with 4 sharp corners that was undergraded sold for over 200, $201 to be exact.
  • Options
    Wow very nice card! Makes the 8 for sale here look very inferior.

I'd take the 7 over the 8 any day.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I know I'm just asking to start trouble by re-igniting this thread, but "Controversy" is my middle name.

It may be interesting to note that tonight a Sandy Koufax 1961 Topps #344 PSA 8 NM-MT sold on eBay for $302 (including shipping, but not insurance). Here's the link...

1961 Koufax PSA 8 Sale - $302

I'm sure our friends on this board from the Psychic Card-Graders Network will claim that is is really a PSA 9 or 10 that was undergraded (I wish I could tell that from just a small scan and no scan of the reverse side of the card --- you really should start your own card-grading company. People could save on shipping by having you grade the cards based on scans e-mailed in to you).

This is the highest price that I've personally ever seen the '61 Koufax 344 PSA 8 go for at eBay auction. This raises a bigger issue --- Does a weak economic environment help or hurt the prices of collectibles such as sports cards?

I've heard eBay sellers say that they are seeing the weakest time ever since the start of the company. However, I'm seeing prices for vintage cards remain quite strong both at auction and direct sales. Just pondering this point tonight based upon the price recognized by the auction of this card.

• Options
    Holy crap Batman, Blue Devil is actually engaging the board with something that is NOT peddling his website. Stop the world, I want to get off.............
  • Options
    Hate to give this guy a free bump, but... How can you say he is not peddling his website and actually contributing? All he is contributing is another few hits to his website and trying to convince us that the Koufax card he has is worth more than he wants for it. Not to mention he is discussing it on the BST forum. And yes, the card sold in auction is a much nicer 8 than the overgraded 8 Bluedevil has. BTW, how could I forget to mention....DUKE SUCKS!!