Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Sacramento CA shops and shows?

I will be in the Sacramento area for 3 months beginning next week. I am interested in coin shops and shows in the area. Thanks for any imput.
PCGS certified Modern Commemoratives and American Eagle Gold Bullion, Type set coins, CC mintmark coins, Confederate currency, Shield Nickels XF and better,HOF sports cards graded/ungraded

Comments

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good timing right between the shows........
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    There are no shows in the Sacramento area for the next three months or so, but there will be two shows around October. there is an 80 table or so show in Modesto (1 hour south) in the middle of July. Whether you'll find anything good at that show or actually want to travel to Modesto in July is up to you.

There are several coin shops in the Sacramento area. Once you get there check the yellow pages for more information and locations.

By the way, Modesto is the city of Scott Peterson, Lacey Peterson, Gary Condit and Chandra Levy fame. It's been consistently ranked as one of the worst cities to live in in America.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>I will be in the Sacramento area for 3 months beginning next week. >>

I'm sorry. image
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭
    What about the San Francisco Show for July 25-27th at 1101 Van Ness Avenue. San Francisco is a scant 1.5 hours away.

There's also The Alameda Coin Club Show on June 22 at Alameda High School, 2220 Central Avenue. Alameda is a short drive away from Sacramento.

You can Check out Excelsior Coin Gallery 2710 Arden Way Sacramento, CA . (916) 487-2646 Lots of inventory but a small shop. I went in once looking for IKEs and all his wife would bring out is about 5 or 6 at a time. Kind of a Pain.

A good shop is also Marconi Coin & Currency 4949 Marconi Avenue F Carmichael, CA (916) 486-0327 The hours are a little weird. Something like 9-3 on Weekdays only.

20 minutes north of Sacramento is Auburn (my town) and there you'll find the Gold Country Gold Exchange at 2428 Grass Valley Highway Auburn, CA. (530) 885-9050 Some more unusual hours but call ahead.

East of Auburn is Folsom Coins & Currency 613 E Bidwell Street Folsom, CA . (916) 985-7720 Nice comfortable shop in Prison Town USA!

Between Auburn and Sacramento is Rocklin Coin Shop www.rocklincoinshop.com 4870 Granite Drive Rocklin, CA (916) 315-0888. Another nice shop. They don;t stock IKEs there so I don;t go by that often.

I'd give you

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    My wife and I used to make several trips a year in the 90's up there when it was a mecca for jumbo antique malls. They're all gone now.image
    It's got a nice Midtown area. Suburbs are far flung, sorely lacking freeways.
    Do a yellowpages.com search. Does Macintosh have a B@M shop? Nice dealer at shows I go to in Santa Clara.

We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.
  • Options
    McIntosh does not have a shop but I think you can make appts with them. I would go through the son as he seems much more friendly at times.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    oxy8890oxy8890 Posts: 1,416

<< <i>I will be in the Sacramento area for 3 months beginning next week. I am interested in coin shops and shows in the area. Thanks for any imput. >>

I'm sorryimage
    Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."

• Options
    oxy8890oxy8890 Posts: 1,416

<< <i>

<< <i>I will be in the Sacramento area for 3 months beginning next week. >>

I'm sorry. image >>

Darn, as I scrolled down I realized you beat me to it!imageimage
    Best Regards,

Rob

"Those guys weren't Fathers they were...Mothers."

• Options
    There is a thread out there with a breakdown of all major shows...trying to find it now
    -Rome is Burning

• Options

Guys thanks for your comments, they are appreciated
    PCGS certified Modern Commemoratives and American Eagle Gold Bullion, Type set coins, CC mintmark coins, Confederate currency, Shield Nickels XF and better,HOF sports cards graded/ungraded
  • Options
    JSssonJSsson Posts: 891

<< <i>What about the San Francisco Show for July 25-27th at 1101 Van Ness Avenue. San Francisco is a scant 1.5 hours away.

There's also The Alameda Coin Club Show on June 22 at Alameda High School, 2220 Central Avenue. Alameda is a short drive away from Sacramento.

You can Check out Excelsior Coin Gallery 2710 Arden Way Sacramento, CA . (916) 487-2646 Lots of inventory but a small shop. I went in once looking for IKEs and all his wife would bring out is about 5 or 6 at a time. Kind of a Pain.

A good shop is also Marconi Coin & Currency 4949 Marconi Avenue F Carmichael, CA (916) 486-0327 The hours are a little weird. Something like 9-3 on Weekdays only.

20 minutes north of Sacramento is Auburn (my town) and there you'll find the Gold Country Gold Exchange at 2428 Grass Valley Highway Auburn, CA. (530) 885-9050 Some more unusual hours but call ahead.

East of Auburn is Folsom Coins & Currency 613 E Bidwell Street Folsom, CA . (916) 985-7720 Nice comfortable shop in Prison Town USA!

Between Auburn and Sacramento is Rocklin Coin Shop www.rocklincoinshop.com 4870 Granite Drive Rocklin, CA (916) 315-0888. Another nice shop. They don;t stock IKEs there so I don;t go by that often.

I'd give you >>

I live in Sacramento and this information is basically correct. John McIntosh is a great guy but he does not have a shop.
  • Options
    Nice to know about the Sacramento-area shops. My family sometimes goes to visit an aunt in Carmichael and I'd always wondered about any coin shops. I know there's usually a small coin show in Fairfield (~40 min. away) in September.
    "Coins used by a nation are one of the most enduring records of the art and mechanical skill of its age"
    -Mint Director Frank Leach
  • Options
    I hope this helps:
    Bay Area Shows
    "Coins used by a nation are one of the most enduring records of the art and mechanical skill of its age"
    -Mint Director Frank Leach
  • Options
    KingpinKingpin Posts: 277
    Thanks to everyone, the info will be very valuable image
  • Options
    KingpinKingpin Posts: 277

ttt
  • Options
    Are you in Sac now? What places have you been to so far?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file