Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Pop Report for 1982 Small Date Zinc Rd MS 68

Can someone give me the pop report for 67 and 68 for the 1982 Small date Zinz in RD?

Comments

• Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    82 in 67RD=322
    82 in 68RD=25 Nothing stated about small date.
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    Cool, thanks. I have one graded by NGC and was just wondering what the PCGS pop showed.
  • Options
    PCGS doesn't distinguish based on metal content or date size for the 1982s, on by mintmark.
    A lie told often enough becomes the truth. ~Vladimir Lenin
  • Options
    rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised. Everyone knows there are 7 varieties of 1982 cents

* 1982 Large Date Bronze
    * 1982 Small Date Bronze
    * 1982-D Large Date Bronze
    * 1982 Large Date Zinc
    * 1982 Small Date Zinc
    * 1982-D Large Date Zinc
    * 1982-D Small Date Zinc

link to ngc site 1982 cent varieties

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options
    There are no ms68rd's. There's something like 6 ms67rd's, of which I own 3. I think I've been one of the only ones to actively search for all 7 varieties in high grade. I will pay big bucks if someone can find me a true ms68rd (although my nicest ms67 I believe is undergraded but I'm not going to resubmit it anytime soon).

Edit: Pcgs does distinguish but they only have been for about 6 months. I bet all but maybe a couple of the non-designated ms67rd's are large dates.
  • Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There are no ms68rd's. There's something like 6 ms67rd's, of which I own 3. I think I've been one of the only ones to actively search for all 7 varieties in high grade. I will pay big bucks if someone can find me a true ms68rd (although my nicest ms67 I believe is undergraded but I'm not going to resubmit it anytime soon).

Edit: Pcgs does distinguish but they only have been for about 6 months. I bet all but maybe a couple of the non-designated ms67rd's are

large dates. >>

JAN. 2008 Pcgs population report lists 25,1982 Lincoln cent in MS-68 RD!Like I said they dont list pop. reports for Lg. and Sm. dates.
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    Thanks for all the info.

I bought several raw sets of the 1982 cents on Ebay. Two sets went into my Dansco albums, I sold one or two and then the rest went to NGC for grading. I got the one 68 and several 67's. I was impressed as I didn't think any would grade that high. I just knew that the pop reports were low for the different varieties.
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>There are no ms68rd's. There's something like 6 ms67rd's, of which I own 3. I think I've been one of the only ones to actively search for all 7 varieties in high grade. I will pay big bucks if someone can find me a true ms68rd (although my nicest ms67 I believe is undergraded but I'm not going to resubmit it anytime soon).

Edit: Pcgs does distinguish but they only have been for about 6 months. I bet all but maybe a couple of the non-designated ms67rd's are

large dates. >>

JAN. 2008 Pcgs population report lists 25,1982 Lincoln cent in MS-68 RD!Like I said they dont list pop. reports for Lg. and Sm. dates. >>

Yes the do.

146017 1982 Bronze Large Date 1C MS67RD 3/0
    146020 1982 Bronze Small Date 1C MS66RD 6/0
    146027 1982 Zinc Large Date 1C MS68RD 2/0
    146030 1982 Zinc Small Date 1C MS66RD 5/5
    146024 1982-D Bronze 1C MS67RD 5/0
    146033 1982-D Zinc Large Date 1C MS67RD 3/0
    146036 1982-D Zinc Small Date 1C MS67RD 4/0

This is what is listed in my registry set. Look up the coin number in the pop report on-line and you can see the pops. (Of course this only what has been graded in the last six months or so, and doesn't include any that were listed in the general categories prior to that)

Doug
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,765 ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect these high grade zinc cents are not only rare, but will become rarer as time goes on. I've seen several that have started to blister in their respective slabs and would not meet their given grade if cracked out today.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file