Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Curled/Wrinkled PSA flips - you know what I'm talking about?

I honestly cannot stand it when I receive my submission and the flips in the PSA holders are wrinkled or curled - I can't show what I mean in a photograph or scan (because it won't show), but in person, the wrinkles make the holder and card look cheap and less presentable. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It just seems that sometimes they get holdered this way (a lot in my case). Think they would do a free reholder for these depending on how wrinkly some are?

Comments

• GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Long as the cert # checks out I'm fine with it. image
  • airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    I definitely like the look of PSA holders more than any other company, and if I were a member of any registry I would probably be okay just with numbers to register....but I like to display them and some of them are really unattractive sometimes. Just wondering if I was the only one that this ever bothered (or if anyone knows what I'm talking about...maybe I'm crazy or too picky)
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    I imagine you are not the only one bothered by it.....but it does not bother me.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Never seen one.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Start a company to grade the various flips $$
  • Yep, they're annoying but when I received this one I posted on here thinking maybe for some unGodly reason it was tampered with. The majority vote indicated that sometimes it just happens.
  • I know this is an old thread, but I just did a Google search in this and this thread came up. The wrinkly PSA flips drive me crazy!!!

• CWCW Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2019 10:42PM

I was going to say the new flips don't wrinkle, and then I looked at the dates of the posts.

And, yes, I've reholdered a couple cards that had wrinkled flips.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,397 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a few older ones with the wrinkly flips. I prefer the new, but not enough to change it. I hate having my cards in the mail any more than absolutely necessary.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• 60sfan60sfan Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

I have some PSA 10s that have 6.5 flaps ---- the flaps don't lay smooth and flat.

Seems like this is something that PSA could figure out how to fix.