Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Teletrade Experts please enlighten me

Please onlly answer if you are sure of the answer. Do realized prices on teletrade include prices that consignors bought their own coin back at? For example, suppose I sold a 2008 NGC MS69 Silver Eagle with the 2007 Reverse on Teletrade and I put a buyback price in for $280. Now if the highest bid was $250, my buyback would kick in for $280 and I would end up buying the coin back for this amount. My question is if a few days later someone were to do a search of realized prices would my $280 appear or the $250? thanks

Comments

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very good question and I am curious for the answer
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, put an item on your watch list. If it doesn't sell it won't be there the next day. Neither the $250 or the $280 would show as only TRUE sales show. Seller buy-backs are not included in sales history.

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    Neither... it didn't sell.
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    Also, if $250 was the highest bid and you had a buyback of $280, you would buy it back at $260 which is the next bid increment after $250.
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the fast response. My only other question is do the realized prices from previous auctions include the seller's commission being taken out. In other words, suppose my coin sells for $200 and Teletrade sends me a check for $184 which would be the net after their 8% seller fee commission. Now will the realized prices show $200 or $184??? THanks again.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭
    No.

The item would show up as Unsold. Your buyback bid trumps the $250 bid making the next bid increment $290. Buyback bids are place one hour prior to the start of the auction.

"BUYBACKS (Unsold Coins). Teletrade does not enter minimums or reserves on behalf of consignors. Consignors are permitted to bid on their own coins, but they must do so by placing Buyback bids no later than one hour before the auction begins (see "Maximum Bidding" instructions on how to enter Buyback bids). Consignors will be charged a flat 5% fee (minimum $5) on their full Buyback bid on any lots bought back in this manner. The maximum fee for any Buyback lot is $100. Please note: Consignors cannot bid on their own lots during the auction. All coins that are returned to the consignor after not selling, whether it be after one, two or three auctions will be assessed the following charge based on how many lots are returned. This charge includes shipping and postal insurance. Consignor coin return fee (per shipment) is $15 (up to 10 lots) plus $5 per each additional 10
    lots. Please note, when lots are re-offered in additional auctions, Buybacks need to be placed each time."

Example:

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks guys for the fast response. My only other question is do the realized prices from previous auctions include the seller's commission being taken out. In other words, suppose my coin sells for $200 and Teletrade sends me a check for $184 which would be the net after their 8% seller fee commission. Now will the realized prices show $200 or $184??? THanks again. >>

$200
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best thing is to email Ian or Irma and ask them.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    coindudeonebaycoindudeonebay Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks guys for the fast response. My only other question is do the realized prices from previous auctions include the seller's commission being taken out. In other words, suppose my coin sells for $200 and Teletrade sends me a check for $184 which would be the net after their 8% seller fee commission. Now will the realized prices show $200 or $184??? THanks again. >>

$200 >>

Wouldn't the final value show up with the buyer's fee as well? Pretty sure that's the way it works.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wouldn't the final value show up with the buyer's fee as well? Pretty sure that's the way it works. >>

image Pretty sure!
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Wouldn't the final value show up with the buyer's fee as well? Pretty sure that's the way it works. >>

image Pretty sure! >>

Not on my tracking list of items won it doesn't.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

image Pretty sure! >>

Not on my tracking list of items won it doesn't. >>

I think the tracking list shows bids only but if you are looking at a item and it shows you prior auctions, those include the buyers premium.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image Pretty sure! >>

Not on my tracking list of items won it doesn't. >>

I think the tracking list shows bids only but if you are looking at a item and it shows you prior auctions, those include the buyers premium. >>

Wrong.

The prices realized show the highest bid and has absolutely nothing to do with the Buyer's Fee's which get billed on the invoice to the buyer. Exactly the same as State Sales Tax.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    coindudeonebaycoindudeonebay Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wrong.

The prices realized show the highest bid and has absolutely nothing to do with the Buyer's Fee's which get billed on the invoice to the buyer. Exactly the same as State Sales Tax. >>

Well, at least you comment was short... and... well, short! image
  • Options
    From "Prices Realized"

My Invoice

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>
    Wrong.

The prices realized show the highest bid and has absolutely nothing to do with the Buyer's Fee's which get billed on the invoice to the buyer. Exactly the same as State Sales Tax. >>

He was not exactly wrong. The amount including the buyer's fee shows up on the price history when searching for a new item, but the actual bid w/out the buyer's fee will show if you click on an individual lot #'s history.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Wrong.

He was not exactly wrong. The amount including the buyer's fee shows up on the price history when searching for a new item, but the actual bid w/out the buyer's fee will show if you click on an individual lot #'s history. >>

That is also correct for auction history in the Tracking List and in the Browse Catalogs. "* Please note prices include buyer's premium where applicable."

But not in Prices Realized or Price Guide.

So I stand "kinda" corrected. image

Whoops, I forgot to add that I think this is a relatively new feature with Teletrade.

The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file