Home U.S. Coin Forum

Would you buy this $32,000 coin with no picutre and no return policy based on the holder alone?

Comments

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linky

Hey, he is ID Verified!!!! image
  • TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out his other items for sale.Theres one for $235,000.I seriuosly doubt they have any of those coins.Just looking for a sucker IMO.
    Trade $'s
  • lathmachlathmach Posts: 4,720
    Well if you paid him for it and didn't get it, there's $200 Paypal protection as long as you pay using Paypal.
    Go ahead and give him his first sale.

Ray
  • UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check his other auctions...

I'm leaning toward this one. Link

I'm going to wait to the end, so don't snipe me.
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    The phase, "Hell no" comes to mind.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • ca0100000ca0100000 Posts: 362 ✭✭
    Some of the pictures are linked from http://www.tangible-investments.com/ourstaff.html
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    No picture, no return policy, new eBay ID, zero feedback. Yeah, where do I send my life savings? image
  • You guys may have never heard of Tangible Investments but they have been around a very long time. Sil was most recently one of the owners of Superior Galleries when their were held as part of the Stanford Financial Group prior to the company being sold to DGSE group.....I believe that he has been back out on his own for a year or two. I do know this, if he says he has access to a coin you can take it to the bank...he is not out to steal anything from anyone.

If you have any questions about the coins why not call or email and ask....should not always jump to a conclusion without facts........IMHO
    Fountain of Useless Information
  • dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you have any questions about the coins why not call or email and ask....should not always jump to a conclusion without facts >>

No pics for a $32K coin, no feedback, and no return policy. Those are facts on which a reasonable conclusion can be (and was) reached. My only "opinion" on the matter is that if the seller is legit and does have the coin for sale then has absolutely no idea how to sell on eBay which is yet another reason (for me anyway) to avoid his auctions like the plague.

Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that they are using ebay to advertise coins that they are trying to sell and are hoping that real buyers contact them for more info, leading up to a sale.

Of course, no one would hit the BIN under these circumstances.

Now, aren't these listing in violation of ebay's coin policy?
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    There are pictures for a few coins. Maybe is still working on getting them up *shrug*

• ca0100000ca0100000 Posts: 362 ✭✭
    Think we have heard of tangible investments, just never heard of tangibleinv on ebay with zero feedback who dosen't take photo's of $235,000.00 coins.

<< <i>My guess is that they are using ebay to advertise coins that they are trying to sell and are hoping that real buyers contact them for more info, leading up to a sale.

Of course, no one would hit the BIN under these circumstances.

Now, aren't these listing in violation of ebay's coin policy? >>

I just spent ten minutes in the phone with them. That's exactly what they are doing. They are legitimate. He told me they had a phone call within 10 from ebay after listing $3.2 Mill worth of coins.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Mar327Mar327 Posts: 2,074
    1795 5 Dollars MS-63 Prooflike PCGS - too bad it's in NGC plastic or I'd have gone for it!

I second what doh and ziggy29 said.

Have you guys reported him yet?

edited - hadn't seen what Utah wrote yet. Is eBay letting them keep them on without pictures??
    Have bought and sold on BST, many references available when asked.

<< <i>1795 5 Dollars MS-63 Prooflike PCGS - too bad it's in NGC plastic or I'd have gone for it!

I second what doh and ziggy29 said.

Have you guys reported him yet?

edited - hadn't seen what Utah wrote yet. Is eBay letting them keep them on without pictures?? >>

Pictures are coming, and they should be up on a website soon.
  • RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Fee avoidance plain & simple. They're legit? Just trying to cheat eBay not all of us? image

**Tangible Investments LLC has come back to eBay in 2008. Many members have been concerned about our large number of high-end coins being posted on a zero feedback account -- this only represents a fraction of our total inventory! If you have any concerns please feel free to either email us at info@gocoins.com or call us toll free at 888-655-9255.**

Visit AboutUs.org for more information about GOCOINS.COM
    AboutUs: GOCOINS.COM

Registrant: Tangible Investments LLC, 3444 Via Lido, Newport Beach, CA 92663, US

Domain Name: GOCOINS.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
    Tangible Investments LLC agdavismv@gmail.com
    3444 Via Lido, Newport Beach, CA 92663, US, 949-673-3311

Record expires on 17-Mar-2010. Record created on 17-Mar-2003. Database last updated on 6-May-2008 12:13:23 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order: NS74.WORLDNIC.COM 205.178.144.37, NS73.WORLDNIC.COM 205.178.190.37

1. TANGIBLE INVESTMENTS LLC

Available Irvine, CA
    Newport beach, CA DIGENOVA, SILVANO
    (GENERAL PARTNER)
    JACOBS, JEFFREY G
    (REGISTERED AGENT) ALSIUS CORPORATIONTANGIBLE ASSET GALLERIES, INCTANGIBLE COLLECTIBLES, INCALSIUS CORPORATIONGEHRINGER & KELLAR, INCDANE ELEC CORPORATION USATANGIBLE INVESTMENTS OF AMERICA, INCVINTAGEROADSHOWCOM

2. TANGIBLE INVESTMENTS LLC
    Available Available Newport beach, CA DIGENOVA, SILVANO
    (CONTACT) LOUSILVRS AUCTIONS

At least they're HUMBLE image
  • KaelasdadKaelasdad Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭
    Humble has nothing to with it when in that league-he appears to have some credentials and some things to crow about, and collectors may want to do business with someone who walks the walk, and talks the talk.
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Another poster child for why eBay should cut final value fees and jack up listing fees.
  • seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    I would figure if these were really for sale a seller would surface to claim the coins are his/hers
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭
    Auction pulled.

And no I would not buy it. Most dealers I know would send it on approval first.
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Auction pulled.

And no I would not buy it. Most dealers I know would send it on approval first. >>

all of the auctions have been NUKED!!! What did I miss?!?!?!

TC71

<< <i>

<< <i>Auction pulled.

And no I would not buy it. Most dealers I know would send it on approval first. >>

all of the auctions have been NUKED!!! What did I miss?!?!?!

TC71 >>

$3.2 Mil worth of auctions from a zero feedback new seller with no pictures....
  • YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    image Zap those bugs they tend to irk me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file