Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Breaking the # 10 1968 Topps Baseball Set - guess the final total

Fellow 1968 Topps Baseball Collectors,

Similar to the other vintage baseball sets that were recently broken up and sold, I will be using "south-florida-heat" to auction the # 10 Current Finest 1968 Topps baseball set card by card on Ebay. Auctions will conclude next week and the week after.

The overall GPA of the set is 8.54 and SMR is around $ 42,500 but that does not count the value of the PSA 10's, of which there are (42) in the set. Over half of this set is graded PSA 9, including stars such as: # 2 AL BAT LDRS, # 4 AL RBI LDRS, # 6 AL HR LDRS, B. Robinson, B. Williams, McClain, Seaver, Mays, Carew, Stargell, Gibson, Morgan, Drysdale, Clemente, Cepeda, Bunning, Killebrew, Yaz, McCovey, Maris, Killebrew AS, B. Robinson AS, Yaz AS, Aaron AS, Brock AS, Carlton, Managers Dream, Brock, Bird Belters, & Brock.

All bidding will start at $ 9.95 with no reserve.

Thanks and good luck if you choose to bid.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    $45,000, with several of the bids coming from me.
    #10 PSA Set for Topps Baseball currently on eBay under seller deeppurple1.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    thanks
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    ELEVENTY BILLION DOLLARS. AND ONE CENT.

RON
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    cardfan07cardfan07 Posts: 680 ✭✭
    Good luck on the sale. I've got some watched too.

Great looking cards too.
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options
    I actually made a mistake when I looked at the wrong row on my spreadsheet. The total SMR on the set is $ 25,965 plus the 10's. Actual winning bids through card # 240 total $ 20,688 which is very surprising to me.

Thanks to everybody who has participated in the auctions so far.

Mike
  • Options
    Total of all the bids was $ 34,909. That does not include all the cards that did not receive an opening bid. 1969 Topps baseball is partially up right now and will end next week and the week after that.

Thanks,
    Mike