Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Massive Vintage OPC lots for sale. 1971-77. EDITED TO ADD: Big Discounts!

Guys,

Awhile back a guy gave me a huge box of vintage OPC to look through. I started to pick out cards then basically gave up, and picked out about 50 cards for my Reds collection and a few others I thought might grade 9. These are the rest. I broke them down into years and the guy who owns them wants to sell them as lots only (he doesn't want them back and neither do I). Anyway, for those of you who like vintage OPC you'll find some really nice cards here and a great chance to build, finish, or start a set.

There are no prices on these lots - yet, mainly because I don't want to price them if there's no interest. If you're interested, PM me and I will get you prices and more details and scans (numbers, etc.) on the lots.

Thanks in advance and PM me with any and all questions.

Ron

Lot #1: 1971 OPC, 335 cards (some duplication), minor stars, teams, checklists included, average condition EX (ranges from VG/EX to EX/MT).

Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    1972 OPC, 1326 cards. The Big Kahuna of this box. Really nice cards here, condition averages EX+++/EX-MT (ranges from EX to NM+). Typical centering issues with many plus rough cuts, but some sharp cards to be had. Minus the stars of course, but you can probably get pretty close to a set with these. Duplication of course, but many, many different cards (this is NOT a 4SC vending lot where you get 50 of the same card). Minor stars, checklists, teams, are here.

Ron Burgundy

Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Lot #3, 1973 OPC, 700 cards. Another really nice lot. Condition averages EX+/perhaps EX-MT. 90% of lot are super clean, many have the typical OPC issues. Similar to other lots, stars, checklists, teams, etc. are here, some NM cards in here for sure.

Ron Burgundy

• Options
    Lot #4: 1974 OPC. Small lot of 46 cards. Averages EX-MT condition.

Ron Burgundy

• Options
    Lot #5: 1975 OPC, 655 cards. Average condition EX++/EX-MT, with many NM cards. Unbelievable color and clarity with these cards - better than the '75 Topps set I have. Super strong corners on many of these cards. Stars, minor stars, teams, checklists, it's all here. You can probably get within 150-200 cards of a set with this lot.

Ron Burgundy

• Options
    Lot #6: 1976 OPC. 227 cards. Similar condition range to the rest. Not as many stars in this lot, but still really nice cards. Less duplication in this lot.

Ron Burgundy

• Options
    Lot #7: 1977 OPC. 123 cards. Condition ranges from EX-MT to NM/MT, many with the usual centering issues. Corners are blazing on many of these cards, pack-fresh.

Ron Burgundy

• Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I'd like a price for the 73 lot - thanks

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Bumpage.
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    I would like price on the whole lot .
    Thanks Mike
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    PM sent - Ron.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I'd like a price for the 73 lot - thanks

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Guys - finally have some pricing on these:

1971: $70 delivered.

1972: $350 delivered.

1973: $170 delivered.

1974: $27 delivered.

1975: $195 delivered with stars, $150 without.

1976: $60 delivered.

1977: $42 delivered.

Prices are somewhat negotiable. PM me if interested (lots of interest already!)

If anyone is interested in the entire lot, $850 delivered will git er done, and included in that will be the 78-79 lot, the 81-85 lot, and a few 1970 stars (Niekro (2), Wilhelm, Marichal, T. Williams, and a couple others) in EX + condition.

Thanks!

Ron

Ron Burgundy

• Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    Ron,
    PM sent.

• Options
    PM sent
  • Options
    pm sent
  • Options
    Couple of adjustments on pricing:

$325 on the 72's

$50 on the 76's.

Thanks,

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    Ron,
    I sent a pm with no response. Are the 74 and 77's still available?
  • Options
    Reply PM sent.

Thanks,

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    pm sent, thanks
  • Options
    Guys -

I am breaking up the huge '72 lot into 4 lots of approximately 332 cards each. I will include as many different cards in each lot as possible, and you'll probably wind up somewhere betweeen 200 and 250 different cards. $80 delivered on each lot, which is about 24 cents per card. PM me if interested! Thank you.

Best,

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    Ron,
    Please check PM.
    Thanks again
  • Options
    Guys -

One last go round on these, and I'm offering discounts on what's remaining. The '74, '76, and '77 lots have been sold. Here's what's left and their prices:

1971: Was $70 delivered, now $55 delivered.

1972: Was $325 delivered for the whole lot, now $290 delivered for the whole lot, $145 delivered for half the lot.

1973: Was $170 delivered for the whole lot, now $150 delivered.

1975: Was $195 delivered with the stars, now $175 delivered.

1978-79 lot: $30 delivered.

1981-85 lot: $60 delivered.

PM me if any interest. Thanks to all.

Ron

Ron Burgundy