Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Holy crap I just got a $300 ebay coupon.

<< <i>

Dear xxxx,

We noticed you recently filed a dispute about a purchase on eBay. We value your participation in the eBay Community and we're really sorry to hear things didn't go so well. To make it right we are sending the Courtesy Coupon below. To use it, you'll need a PayPal account. If you don't already have one, we're happy to help you set it up. Just call us at xxxx.

We appreciate all the purchases you've made on eBay so far and hope you'll continue to buy on eBay for a long time to come. With this Courtesy Coupon, $300.00 of your next purchase is on us. To help make your future eBay experiences safer, we strongly recommend you use PayPal for all purchases.

With PayPal, eligible transactions are covered by eBay's Buyer Protection Program up to $200 at no additional cost, however, most transactions may be covered up to $2000. Find out more here or call us.

We have a special Customer Support line only for our most valued members like you. If you need help, call us at xxxx 6am-9pm Pacific Time, 7 days a week. This phone number is only for members who have been invited to participate. Please call us if you ever need a hand.

Sincerely,
eBay Customer Support Team
>>

Also has instructions on how to use it, its not a % discount, just $300 credit. That was pretty awesome.

Comments

• Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Dang! That's nice. They only gave me $10. image I guess I need to start filing more disputes.
  • Options
    Very nice Allen, I just got one a couple of days ago for $50 and thought that was great but $300 is fantastic. The credit must be based on the item price.
  • Options
    Happy Easter......

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I am a skeptic...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    sweet. i received zero. glad to see they are taking care of some of us at least.

• Options
    That is pretty cool !

Sorry to hear about the dispute those kinda suck but I guess it is bound to happen when you deal with so many people .

Now I wonder how many people are going to be filing false disputes though
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening a lot lately with deals that didnt go well. A few guys on the coin board got huge coupons of $1k or more! If your dispute is a high number, you will get a high dollar coupon. Something very new, and I bet it may be abused in the future.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    i think i need to get into some disputes so that Paypal can bribe me to shop again!

In 8 years on Ebay (5 using paypal) i have gotten ONE coupon worth $30. woohoo. (and one year i did $20,000 on Ebay! most of it via Paypal) wheres the love??
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    that ticks me off..i got gyped 150 bucks and ebay and paypal didnt give me squat....and ive spent $hitloads of money on them....im totally pissed....
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great for the buyer, but another BS move by Ebay to screw sellers who accept paypal. Once the word gets out, many more false claims will be filed for big ticket items. Anyone who accepts Paypal for a big ticket item (over $500or so) is really taking a risk these days, IMO.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow - that's a lotta $!!!

All I got was a $10.

But - heck - 10 bucks is 10 bucks.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Happy Easter to you Allen!

That's awesome, what are you thinking about picking up with that?

Nice work,
    Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone who accepts Paypal for a big ticket item (over $500or so) is really taking a risk these days, IMO. >>

Would you please elaborate? I've only recently started accepting PayPal for eBay transactions.
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    At least most of your guys are getting $10 - $30 coupons.
    Ebay has never sent me diddly in 10 yrs
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    Your ebay id is 'xxxx'? image

Thankfully I haven't had to file any disputes in years, so I haven't received anything (and don't expect to!).
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    I got a whopping 10% whoo hoo
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am a skeptic... >>

Add me to the skeptic list. Sounds like a new way to go phishing.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    It is in my eBay Messages so unless they have hacked that to phish I do not think that is the case. I have not tried to use it yet.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I think we all need stage some disputes..who is in?

js
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I just got $25, I was skeptical and went and checked my ebay messages and there it was. Pretty happy about it. Nice gesture for sure.

I can just see it now though. Guys filing disputes against each other for $1500 items and getting each other $300 ebay coupons.
  • Options
    I got a $50 coupon about a month ago. I didn't use is for two weeks and ebay actually called me to remind me that I had an unused coupon. Congrats Allen...buy something nice!
  • Options
    They gave me a $10 one and I used it. image
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    How did you guys all get these? Did you file complaints with Ebay or Paypal? Did you win the dispute?

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    Mine came from never receiving an item that I paid for through paypal. Paypal refunded me the money and Ebay also sent me the $50 to say "sorry". I don't know what creteria they use to send the coupons....I'm just happy I received on!
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    Very Real. I did a double take when I saw it, but i called eBay first and they confirmed.

Same email as Allen.

Had to use via Paypal only.
    I used it to buy my son a Wii:

Funding Type: Redemption Code and PayPal Funds
    Funding Source:
    $300.00 USD - $300 Off #CRTSY08JAN300 ($300.00 USD)
    $49.64 USD - PayPal Account

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You read that right. I paid $49 for a Wii!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    The dispute I filed was for about $260 and I closed it the same day I opened it. The seller emailed me the confirmation number and my package had been at the post office for a week and my mailman had not left a slip. I went and got my package and closed the dispute. I had not heard of anything like this until I got the email from ebay. I hate to think of the abuse this is going to cause.
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Allen,
    How long ago was that? I filed a dispute in late February ($567), got my money back the 8th of March from Paypal. Wonder if I'll get a coupon later?

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    Mine was a few days ago.
  • Options
    ripkenintheminorsripkenintheminors Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭
    FWIW they never got back about my dispute where the seller refused to sell me a signed Unitas card I won. Kudos on getting some funds!
  • Options

<< <i>How did you guys all get these? Did you file complaints with Ebay or Paypal? Did you win the dispute?

mathew >>

Mine came from ebay (didnt see any mention of Paypal issues on mine) Just said here's a coupon being a loyal customer or something to that effect. Thought everyone got one.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the amount of the dispute has anything to do with the amount Ebay sends you. I think it is based on how much money they make off you.

I had a dispute over unfair feedback and I got a coupon. It was for $500.
    Mike