Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anybody getting crazy responses to best offers?

This is the second one in a few weeks. Long story short, I make somewhat of an admittedly lowball offer and the seller takes it personally. In this case, it was a $450 offer on a lot of 1986-87 Fleer basketball with 2 PSA 9 Jordan stickers (Auction):

"I have a question for you? Do you collect cards? The reason, your offer barely covers the PRICE I CAN SELL THE 2 PSA 9 JORDANS ON EBAY FOR.....please don't send un-reasonable offers to Ebay Sellers.....thanks "

Being the person that I am, I couldn't just ignore this:

"Next time you get an offer you don't like, just decline it. No need for the diatribe. You'd be surprised at how much stuff one can pick up at a good price if he's willing to make a low offer. You may know little about cards, you may need money badly, who the hell knows? I picked up a lot of over 500 NM-MT and MINT 86 Fleer singles with stars for $175 a month ago. It never hurts to make an offer, that is unless a jackass like you needs to feel like a big man and belittle people who dare to try and turn a profit on your merchandise.

By the way, if you broke up your lot, it would sell for around $600. My offer wasn't that unreasonably low. Or you could look at it this way- my offer was just as low as your asking price is high. Why did you make your price so high? Because hopefully someone would pull the trigger. That's the same reason I made a low offer.

Lee"

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Feel free to send this guy "reasonable" offers. You have my blessing. For instance, I would consider $451 a reasonable offer. $452 as well. If he accepts one of your offers I will gladly pay for it.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    I made an offer of 375. Lets see if he bites LOL
  • Options
    done and done.

offer has been submitted for $451.66

if rejected, i will offer $452.72 and not a penny more.
  • Options
    Sure Leo, you just blew my offer out of the water and now I'll never get that lot!!! image
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    lol
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    lee, i agree with u 1000%: he shouldnt offer the "make offer" feature if he's going to take this kind of attitude
    my motto: if u cant stand the heat, get out of the oven (or is it kitchen??)
    and in this case, if u cant stand the offer, dont offer the best offer!!! (and dont insult it either, for that matter)

i think i'll throw him a nice curveball and offer him $1 for the cards and $449 for shipping image
  • Options
    Lee, The guys a complete idiot..In the last few months everytime I have listed any 86 fleer he sends the lowest offers I have ever seen. when I politley say "No thanks I would rather let the auction run it's course" he replies back with rude crap everytime.

so one day he hits the buy it now on one of my auctions and 4 days later asks if I can relist because he lost his job..Later that night he sold around 600.00 worth of stuff and has been buying daily since.

I have blocked this guy and will not even look at his stuff. He also sells resealed 1986 fleer packs as well. He's a real scumbag..
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i just hit him with $3.49 lol, we could mega offer the guy-theres a few people here- like the buy we did that had the 83 sandberg rookie and was really noman bates and his mom and his brother knew kunk fu image si senoir
  • Options
    mega offering spam partyimageimageimageimageimage
    wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    can anybody do better than $3.49,like a penny image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I offered him a lifetime membership in the Rosie O'Donnell fan club.
  • Options
    NBAFanNBAFan Posts: 744
    My only problem with Best Offers is if a Big Seller on ebay tries to low ball you badly, cause you know they would turn right around and sell them.
  • Options
    I offered him a lifetime membership in the Rosie O'Donnell fan club.

• Options
    I couldnt help myself...I had to put in a couple more offers on his other items.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Offering a seller 50% of the BIN is around wholesale - there's nothing wrong with that offer IMO.

I have problems with people being so sensitive tho.

If ya gonna put a "Best Offer" with your BIN - I think ya gotta grow some thick skin or don't sell on ebay in that manner.

I just offered him a trade - my 800 count box of Barry Bonds 87T RC's!

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>My only problem with Best Offers is if a Big Seller on ebay tries to low ball you badly, cause you know they would turn right around and sell them. >>

And?? I don't care what an item I sold is resold for if I am happy with the price who cares? I have taken intentional loses on items in the past just to sell them. If you run your Ebay sales like a business you will have to take an occasional lose. You have to keep your money moving if you want to make money.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I didnt see scans of graded Jordans, looks like he has tree offers pending, let him get to those and I will offer 469.22
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Offer submitted.
    $100.01
    I hope I winimage
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is great ....13 offers. Many declined and several still pending.
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    thedutymonthedutymon Posts: 4,323
    Offer in $1.75 plus I told him I would throw in an extra penny for the shipping, so $10 for shipping.
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    I just put in offers on his other stuff too.
    Do you think $5.00 will get the Favre??
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I offered $175....AND HE ACCEPTED IT!!

Just kidding.image
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Sent im my offer to piss him off as well.image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    lets try to make sure it is higher than the "automatic decline" any idea where it is? Make this fool work!
  • Options
    i think ill get it for 3.49 haaaaaaaaaa ill have to chec my email on other, i prob got a cussing, wouldnt be 1st time, he prob worders "why are all these peole messing with me" image we are legion, are we are manyimage
  • Options
    looks like bobbafett you were a hint low (auto decline)....but yankee7 is still pending
  • Options
    oooo...that means I still have a chance!
  • Options
    he dont have auto decine on ted,my offer for 3.49 is still on, im gonna win, the oracle told meimage
  • Options
    stormsurgestormsurge Posts: 858 ✭✭

<< <i>I offered him a lifetime membership in the Rosie O'Donnell fan club. >>

Wow, I think that actually has a negative value lol
  • Options
    yes, he declined my "generous" offer...sigh.

he did reply: "the (2) PSA 9 jORDANS WILL SELL INDIVIDUALLY FOR $175 minimum a piece...thats $350......now I have another BGS 7.5 jordan that will sell for $75....... you are not close my friend..."

I replied, "hey times are tough, I'm sure you need the money to pay your child support, don't look a gift horse in the mouth"

i HOPE he writes back! image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    I just rebid at $10 less than my previous bid lol
    I'll keep lowering my bids to reflect my disdain image
  • Options
    id tell him, "you're right,i am not even close to being your friend"- he must have left, ive not got decined on 3.49, im gonna hit his other 2 for 14 and 69 cents afterbit after the new george carlin special goes off- hbo 10pm - plug- "it wont hurt ya" - ought to be funnieeeeeeeeeeee image
  • Options
    I wonder if this guy will realize that one stupid response will cost him his entire weekend?

As a wise man once told me "If you mess with the bull, you get the horn". image
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
  • Options
    up to 20 image
  • Options
    thedutymonthedutymon Posts: 4,323
    Just bid $1.99 on his Fleer lot of 4.
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just rebid at $10 less than my previous bid lol
    I'll keep lowering my bids to reflect my disdain image >>

• Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    A guy had a Francoeur black refractor for a BIN/ BO of $14.99. The only problem? It books $12. I offered him $7 and told him what it books. He rejected, and wrote me back saying that since it's his card, he can decide how much he wants someone to pay for it and that $12 doesn't do the card justice.
  • Options

<< <i>id tell him, "you're right,i am not even close to being your friend"- he must have left, ive not got decined on 3.49, im gonna hit his other 2 for 14 and 69 cents afterbit after the new george carlin special goes off- hbo 10pm - plug- "it wont hurt ya" - ought to be funnieeeeeeeeeeee image >>

awesome. thanks for the heads up. didn't even know he was working on a new special!
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    Someone that's not cdsnuts, that gets a reply from the guy, mention how you thought he lost his job and how you thought the offer was good considering he may need the money badly. Let's freak this guy out on a personal level.
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.
  • Options
    455.55 from me HA!
  • Options
    24 offers over 600 hits!
  • Options
    450 from me. maybe he'll think i'm better than CDs and let me have it
    White Whales:
  • Options

<< <i>450 from me. maybe he'll think i'm better than CDs and let me have it >>

maybe he'll think Lee was closer to "fair" market value image
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    355 from me... maybe he will get confused and accept! What a tool!
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna play too.

Edited to add: I just offered $449.99
  • Options
    declined image

"My friend...there are 2 psa 9 Jordan Stickers that will fetch $175-$190 a piece....plus another BGS 7.5 Jordan Sticker that will bring $75. That is equal to your bid....Sorry.....I need to get more.....thanks anyway"

for the record... i am NOT this person's friend image
    White Whales:
  • Options
    was his comment directed at me? lol notice the two jordans are the stickers arent they? I dont see a regular jordan in the bunch!
  • Options
    i tried to put in a negative offer (-10.00). ebay automatically changes it to a positive. d'oh
    White Whales: