Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The upcoming Baltimore Stack's auction is in 20 (now 18) days...

RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
and I have not seen a catalog, online or bound. Has anyone received a catalog?

Comments

• Options
    RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have not seen it - I keep checking the web site and all they have up is that mineral sale.

I am chomping at the bit, Longacre style, waiting to see the Uhrich collection.
  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
    I was hoping someone would just give us the 3 digit number.
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    I'm in a frenzy over this news. I don't have it either.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    Longacre – Not to worry. I used the exorbitant profits from my research books and placed a single bid for the entire catalog. Although there won’t be an auction, I trust they will still have the complimentary buffet and wine.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Nope, the last Stacks catalog I got was from the Americana Sale Jan 15/16
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you go over to the Bowers and Merena web site, they're still reminding everyone that the consignment deadline for their Baltimore sale is January 20th.... image

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I just checked the Stacks site and lots are not even viewable yet.
  • Options
    Aegis3Aegis3 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was hoping someone would just give us the 3 digit number. >>

I don't think they have secret previews anymore. In any case, I couldn't find it.
    --

Ed. S.

(EJS)
  • Options
    Lately their auctions have gone online two weeks before the event.

Who is John Galt?
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sir, no sir!
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stacks is missing the boat by not having their upcoming auctions viewable as they are working on them like Heritage does.
  • Options

<< <i>Stacks is missing the boat by not having their upcoming auctions viewable as they are working on them like Heritage does. >>

It's about time that someone else come along and give Heritage a run for their money. image
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Stacks is missing the boat by not having their upcoming auctions viewable as they are working on them like Heritage does. >>

It's about time that someone else come along and give Heritage a run for their money. image >>

Methinks you might have a long wait before that happens...
  • Options

<< <i>

I don't think they have secret previews anymore. In any case, I couldn't find it. >>

• Options
    Aegis3Aegis3 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I don't think they have secret previews anymore. In any case, I couldn't find it. >>

640 >>

Well, it's got a nice cover at least.
    --

Ed. S.

(EJS)
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    I got the main page up for the auction, but after that their is nothing. How can stacks not see that this is hurting their auctions and probable consignments?
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got the main page up for the auction, but after that their is nothing. How can stacks not see that this is hurting their auctions and probable consignments? >>

Speety, will I see you at Dick's table again?????

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

640 >>

Well, it's got a nice cover at least. >>

Great cover!
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    Um, idk yet. Hopefully but i still have to convince my dad that we should go. Last time we decided to go on thursday and left on friday... so i can never say never. image

Mark
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options

Still no catalog yet, but I hope to shake QDB's hand at the Baltimore show!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure would like to know if it's worth going.............gotta see those lots!
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    PistareenPistareen Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    I like that Norton note on the cover! There are three of them in the sale along with a really cool action shot of Emperor Norton on a busy San Francisco street. Those were the only lots I catalogued for this sale but they were fun.

One of the Nortons, the rare final type, is one of the last ones he ever issued before his death and actually has a contemporary notation on the back reporting his death date and "deceased." So much for cashing it in for 50 cents in specie on that one.
  • Options

<< <i>I like that Norton note on the cover! There are three of them in the sale along with a really cool action shot of Emperor Norton on a busy San Francisco street. Those were the only lots I catalogued for this sale but they were fun.

One of the Nortons, the rare final type, is one of the last ones he ever issued before his death and actually has a contemporary notation on the back reporting his death date and "deceased." So much for cashing it in for 50 cents in specie on that one. >>

Leave it to Pistareen to turn a b1tch session into an educational opportunity. image
  • Options
    RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call them up and ask, they're used to it by now.
    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭

What's more surprising is consignors keep coming back for more.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

It's about time that someone else come along and give Heritage a run for their money. image >>

Methinks you might have a long wait before that happens... >>

• Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
    Browse details! View lots!
  • Options
    now posted

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file