Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

California coin stores... (Sacramento area)

Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am going to be visiting the Sacramento California area soon. More specifically Orangevale, Roseville, Folsom area. I would like to try to break away and visit a coin store or two while I am there. If you have any experiance with stores in this area I would like to hear about them. I am looking for the stores to visit and the stores to stay away from.

Comments

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few but even though I have lived here my life I have only been to a couple local shops. Do you know where in Orangevale? Depending on which end there is a shop in Folsom, in Sac and Roseville there are several. I will pull a couple names for you.

When are you coming? There are shows April 25-26 and May 3-4 in Sacramento.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    There is a coin shop on the edge of Orangevale, in Fair Oaks I believe, called Sacramento Coin Shop or something like that.image Do you know where Kenneth Ave. and Madison Ave. meet??? The coin shop is near there.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be down there during February and will miss the showsimage

I will be near the intersection of Greenback and Main. Closer to Folsom.

I can get a list from the yellow pages but what I am looking for personal experiance with good, bad, indifferent history.
  • Options
    stephunterstephunter Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭
    You should see Tim at Folsom Coins. He is a staight shooter his pricing is very fair.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭

There is: Gold Country Coin Exchange, 2428 Grass Valley Highway Auburn, CA (530) 885-9050. Natalie tends the counter and their hours are a little bit restrictive. Call ahead.

There is: Auburn Coins & Stamps 816 Lincoln Way Auburn, CA (530) 885-7613 All raw stuff. Coins stamps and a little bit of everything else.

There is: Rocklin Coin Shop 4870 Granite Drive Rocklin, CA (916) 315-0888 Very clean shop which mainly deals in Gold & Silver. He has some nice slabbed stuff as well nut not many IKE's.

There is: Excelsior Coin Gallery 2710 Arden Way Sacramento, CA (916) 487-2646 A small shop but he is a US Mint distributer so he does a lot of business. He also keeps everything locked up tight! I went in to look for IKE's and his wife brought out about 8 and refused to bring out anymore. He is nice enough but you gotta get past the Mrs.

Theres: Marconi Coin & Currency 4949 Marconi Avenue Suite F Carmichael, CA (916) 486-0327 Fairly large selection but he closes at 3:00pm duuring the week and ain;t open on Saturday & Sunday. Bill's a real hoot when you get him talking!

Theres: Cozy Collectibles 69 Main Street Sutter Creek, CA (209) 267-0957 Wa-a-a-y out of the way but a nice clean shop in a quaint town.

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file