Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Breen Number Look Up - Please

19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
Does anybody have access to a book to look up a Breen number?

I bought a 1978 IKE off Teletrade thats in an old ANACS holder designated as Breen-5775

Being the cocky smart alec that I am I figured I would be able to figure out what it is when I got it in my hot little hands but for the life of me cannot spot anything unusual other than some machine doubling on the reverse and a railroad rim on the obverse. I don;t see any obvious doubling either obv or rev so I just don;t have a clue!

Can someone look this up for me?
I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Comments

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    In my copy, Breen-5775 is just a generic 1978-P Ike, with no varieties or other designations or descriptions.
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All coins listed by Breen carry a Breen number, there is nothing unusual about the coin.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    Yup. Breen 5775 1978-D Nickel-clad. Mintage 25, 702, 000. Nothing special listed.
    "Giving away an MS-65 $20 St. Gaudens to everyone logged in when I make my 10,000th post..."
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks folks! I guess I'll ask next time before I go spending money! image

Or buy the book! image

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    I just got one of them ANACS Breen Ike slabs on TT myself

• Options
    But sinin1, in your case you have a real winner there. Type 2 King of the Ikes. Congratualtions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file