Home Stamps Forum
Options

Some help for an ignorant stamp collector

I just came across several stamps I had when I was younger this weekend at my parent's house. I have no idea if they have any value, if they're reprints, or if they're really worth something. Is there a site that's good to visit to get an idea about them? Thanks for your help. I know VERY little about stamp collecting.
Atlanta Braves, Charlotte Hornets, Shawn Kemp, Dale Murphy, and Bobby Engram.

Comments

• Options
    Mr Becker - no easy answer to your question. Maybe post a scan of the oldest stamp you have. Most everything in US and Foreign issued after 1950 is junk (US back to 1935). If you paid good money, then maybe worth good money.

An article I did on such questions, and selling stamps on ebay, is here
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com
  • Options
    Most of what I have appears to be foreign, some after 1950, some before. Some are World Football Championship stamps, many predating 1950.
  • Options
    Richard I decided to read your article myself, fairly true. Ebay is a tough marketplace to figure out. Sometimes it works very well and other times it sucks(for buyer or seller). I guess the big plus is it's quick and easy especially in this "day and age" of electronic everything.
    Zac
  • Options
    World Championship Football stamps are out. Unless of course you have a efo.

Jerry
  • Options

<< <i>World Championship Football stamps are out. Unless of course you have a efo.

Jerry >>

Out as in worthless? What's an efo?
  • Options
    Out many that there are so many of them and they are of the modern era. Not much pizazz to the eye appeal.

Unless your into soccer it probably isn't going to be a 1st choice to buy. Most people not a pick at all.

EFO...Error, Freaks, and Oddities. Just something different. With these, anything different, except
    blothcy gum, to giver them a bit of umph. No gum ok.

Jerry