Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Not Again- Potential Trans. Gone Bad

I paid for 10 cards on Jan 8th by PAYPAL and that is the last I've heard from this seller. I've tried posting and PM ing him and nothing since the 8th. I've recently purchased Koufax rookies and some beautiful 69 basketball for my set off these boards and now this. The transaction in question is for $110. Have these boards become an unsafe place to do buying and selling? What will make me mad- in a couple of days the seller will probably come on here and say they were busy, sick, moved to Sweden etc. I'm to the point where I don't want to here excuses I just want the cards delivered. Plus, if there is a legitimate reason it is up to the seller to notify me. Can't people be considerate. Isn't 20 days long enough without any communication at all. This is the second bad transaction in 2 months. I'm going to issue a challenge to every collector on this board- from the smallest collector to the one with a million dollar collection--if you take 20 days to ship a card get off the boards you are not welcome here. I sold a 33 Goudey Ruth a year ago for 3500.00 when my mother died and took it to New York and shipped it registered mail from my mother's local USPS because I knew I would be gone more than a week. My heart was completely crushed and I still came through with the transaction. I'm fed up with this. To guys like Bkritz, Sayheykid, Julen, HOFautos and Kaline two thumbs up-these guys come through with a quick and easy transaction ==THANKS.
Mickey71image

Comments

• Options
    How long has this guy been a member?
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Geez sounds like you are a magnet for this crap.

When I sell or send anything that starts from these boards I PM the person and tell them the stuff is on its way. It is rather simple.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I guess I am lucky - I have made out really well with members - still fairly new - I hope everything works out...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    It hs been 12 business-days since payment was sent.
    That seems more than enough time to squeeze in a PO trip.

According to the weather channel, there has been a
    snow problem in some places.

If the seller is a longtime board member, he is likely to come
    through.....eventually.

Basing our expectations of other folks on our own responsible
    behavior is almost ALWAYS an invitation to disappointment.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I never understood why some just dont throw a PM stating they sent something or explaining a delay. Most everybody here is an ebayer too so they should know better. I would rather have a neg. on my ebay account than be known as a bad seller on here.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the 12 busines days however another way of looking at it is it has been 1 day shy of 3 weeks since payment has been made too.

More then enough tome to have mailed it out and or at the very least PM'd.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Communication is FREE. Again COMMUNICATION IS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot understand why it is so dificult for people to use this tool, it can save so much trouble! I have had 100% great transactions with this community here, every single transaction I let people know when cards/money is sent and above all I ALWAYS use delivery conformation- its like less than a dollar extra. I understand people are busy, computers crash ect.. ect... but it is immpossible for me to believe that anyone cannot find a few minutes to relay some information regarding a deal! ( Unless ofcourse, you go to jail or something )

Good luck Mickey, I hope this turns out for the good...
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    VintageJeff Buckley Recycled Unused Bottlecap Necklace and Charm

Sorry to hear someone else is taking advantage of the trust you've put in them...
  • Options
    if you dont get a reply/response in a couple of days please out the person so we can apply some pressure.

i have not had a problem with anyone regarding a transaction on this board or the coin board in my 2 years or so of being on here.
    there are a great number of folks who post on the BST who dont contribute or interact on any other boards.

Personally I would have a hard time dealing with folks whose sole purpose is to take advantage of free advertising.

Is this person one of those? or is it a face we routinely see over here chatting and contributing. 99% (besides douchebag Gary) seem to be A-OK over here.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He doesnt have to out him, it's right there on the BST board.
  • Options

<< <i>He doesnt have to out him, it's right there on the BST board. >>

Yea, this gives it away on the thread...

1/24 image

1/26 image

1/27 image
  • Options
    Inexcusable in my book.
  • Options

<< <i>
    there are a great number of folks who post on the BST who dont contribute or interact on any other boards.

Personally I would have a hard time dealing with folks whose sole purpose is to take advantage of free advertising.

Is this person one of those? or is it a face we routinely see over here chatting and contributing. 99% (besides douchebag Gary) seem to be A-OK over here. >>

This is good advice. If i have any doubt, i tell the person to set it up as a buy it now on ebay for a little added protection.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    I just spent $609 with this seller and everything went SMOOTHLY! I purchased a lot of 1967 Topps PSA graded cards which totalled $383 and sent him a check. He emailed me once the check arrived to let me know and also told me that he found another $226 in cards that I might be interested in. I told him that I would take them. He went ahead and sent ALL the cards without even being paid on the other $226 yet. The cards arrived safe and packaged very well! I sent him the check for the remainder and he was a pleasure to deal with.

Things happen and I am sure this one will work out!
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭✭
    The seller has just notified me that there was a delay due to health reasons. I have been told by other members of the board that the seller is a very decent fellow. I will post when I receive the cards.
    Thanks,
    Mickey71image
  • Options
    Bigfische,
    Setting up auctions for board members is not a bad idea except now you're talking about transaction fees for the seller. This is probably why most post some items for sale on the BST forum. Good idea on a big ticket item. Pay by paypal and use a credit card.
    Thanks,
    Mickey71
  • Options
    Glad everything worked out!
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    communication is free....

if my boss only knew that.

jesus

j
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    No cards yet. Still hopeful though.
    Mickey71image
  • Options
    Just wanted to step up on this one since I just ran across it. The seller was me and I did take a very long time to ship Mickeys cards to him. And it was due to health reasons as lame of an excuse as that has become. Was actually in the hospital, out of the hospital and back in again the same day for an extended stay. If you still have not received the cards on Monday Mickey let me know and I'll grab the tracking # from my wife she handles all the paperwork image I absolutely could have communicated with him but I quite simply forgot with everything that was going on. I will make no excuses I found time to do other things online. I apologize to Mickey one last time this time in public.
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    VintageJeff is a valued member here, the fact he was late was understandable. He never let anyone down that I know of.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    The transaction was completed this morning as I picked up the second package at the USPS. VintageJeff, I accept your apology,cards are great and I hope you are feeling better.
    Thanks,
    Mickey71image
  • Options
  • Options
    not another bad Tranny gone bad!