Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

the baldies tommorrow...

Hi everyone, is anyone hav any luck finding on the US Mint website the amount of gold in the bald eagles being realeased tomm?? i need it for verification, cant find it anywhere on their site, but i swore I found a link to it from here...thanks in advance/newbie

Comments

• Options
    Towards the bottom here.
  • Options
    $5 modern commemoratives weigh the same as a half eagle, 8.359 grams and contain the same amount of gold .24187 of a troy ounce.
    Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

• Options
    thanks to both of you
  • Options
    25,000 limit and "no limit"....could this be another flipper's play?....after all, all it takes is buying out around 10% and then making it known....

Just wondering...still have time to decide...but that is one hellva beautiful set....and only 25,000....and no limit....

but...I am an EX-FLIPPER, right?

FloridaBill

• Options
    Bill,

Are you really an Ex? I saw someone took your Avatar, it confused me for a second.
  • Options

<< <i>Are you really an Ex? >>

Old habits die hard....

FloridaBill
  • Options
    direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    I dont see any link listed to price of coins and the full set.

Anyone know the prices?
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

• Options

<< <i>I dont see any link listed to price of coins and the full set.

Anyone know the prices? >>

I got a mailer from the Mint offering pre-buy prices...

They have a pre-buy price of $250 and $275 or so list on the $5 Gold...

My Ebay Auctions

Currently Listed: Nothing

Take Care, Dave
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I dont see any link listed to price of coins and the full set.

Anyone know the prices? >>

I got a mailer from the Mint offering pre-buy prices...

They have a pre-buy price of $250 and $275 or so list on the $5 Gold... >>

I only wish those were the prices, here's the actual prices both pre-issue and post issue.

Eagle prices
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    what's this 25k stuff all about

"The maximum mintages across all product options for these commemorative coins are limited to 100,000 for the $5 gold coin, 500,000 for the silver dollar, and 750,000 for the half-dollar. "
  • Options

<< <i>what's this 25k stuff all about

"The maximum mintages across all product options for these commemorative coins are limited to 100,000 for the $5 gold coin, 500,000 for the silver dollar, and 750,000 for the half-dollar. " >>

That's the 3 piece proof set offered so you know the proof are going to be a high mintage of the 100k limit.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>25,000 limit and "no limit"....could this be another flipper's play?....after all, all it takes is buying out around 10% and then making it known....

Just wondering...still have time to decide...but that is one hellva beautiful set....and only 25,000....and no limit....

but...I am an EX-FLIPPER, right?

FloridaBill >>

Limited to One Set!!
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    When I go to the Mint online catalog, I can't find a thing about the baldies. No info, no order link, nada. If you go to the front page of the Mint web site, it has the scrolling items and you can click on the baldies info. Then it displays a press release with all the details. Yet, I still can't find anywhere on the sorry-azz web site an ordering page. What gives? Do they not provide the order page until noon time? Their web site will never win any awards with the lousy navigational structure. image
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options

<< <i>When I go to the Mint online catalog, I can't find a thing about the baldies. No info, no order link, nada. If you go to the front page of the Mint web site, it has the scrolling items and you can click on the baldies info. Then it displays a press release with all the details. Yet, I still can't find anywhere on the sorry-azz web site an ordering page. What gives? Do they not provide the order page until noon time? Their web site will never win any awards with the lousy navigational structure. image >>

Here but you have to wait until noon to use it.

Bald Eagles
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, ttown. I didn't know you had to go to product availability and then click on upcoming products. The web master must be a bureaucrat.

It will be interesting to see how the sales of the gold coin shape up. I'm tempted to get the uncirc version.
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks, ttown. I didn't know you had to go to product availability and then click on upcoming products. The web master must be a bureaucrat.

It will be interesting to see how the sales of the gold coin shape up. I'm tempted to get the uncirc version. >>

FYI
    These will more than likely appear on the "front page" today and under the Comm's link before these coins are opened up.
  • Options
    With a limit of 100,000 for the gold I doubt it'll be a sell out eventhough the sets are limited to 25,000
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "could this be another flipper's play?"

Seems like the flippers have had a full dose with getting to hold the spouse series and all. Probably will get one of the gold for my wife for putting up with my OCD. I do like how the US Mint has the mouse over on the images so the reverse flips up after viewing the obverse. Nice touch.
  • Options
    Good news! The coins are already for sale! Sheesh ... why does eBay allow this.
    Linky
  • Options
    $699image
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question regarding pricing on the Bald Eagles commens...I just received a flyer yesterday with slightly reduced "pre issue pricing" offered until early February.

But will these lower prices be in effect on-line and via telephone tomorrow when they go on sale?
  • Options

And second question, assuming the pre-issue price is only available via snail mail, is there really much of a chance of a sell-out before the mailed orders can be processed?
  • Options

<< <i>And second question, assuming the pre-issue price is only available via snail mail, is there really much of a chance of a sell-out before the mailed orders can be processed? >>

The pre-issue price is listed on the web and I'm sure they've repriced them after printing the snail mail material.
  • Options
    But there's no option to buy at pre issue price?
  • Options

<< <i>But there's no option to buy at pre issue price? >>

Go to the coin and read the link the pre-issue for the $5 UNC is $284 and some change (pre-issue price) and will move to $309 and some change after February.
  • Options

Ok...this pricing of this issue is very strange...since when is the single 3-coin set priced HIGHER than the individual coin options that compose it. Isn't it usually the other way around, since there's usually some premium factored in having the individual packaging and therefore the option to sell single coins rather than an entire set? Not to mention the postage cost to ship multiple coins, instead of single sets.

To wit:
    3-coin proof set: $369.95
    Individual proof coins: $294.95+$39.95+$9.95=$344.85

Am I missing something in the logic here...or are buying these as singles a no-brainer?
  • Options

<< <i>Ok...this pricing of this issue is very strange...since when is the single 3-coin set priced HIGHER than the individual coin options that compose it. Isn't it usually the other way around, since there's usually some premium factored in having the individual packaging and therefore the option to sell single coins rather than an entire set? Not to mention the postage cost to ship multiple coins, instead of single sets.

To wit:
    3-coin proof set: $369.95
    Individual proof coins: $294.95+$39.95+$9.95=$344.85

Am I missing something in the logic here...or are buying these as singles a no-brainer? >>

Yes, unless you want the 3 coin display case and COA....and are not submitting to PCGS!!
  • Options
    <Yes, unless you want the 3 coin display case and COA....and are nor submitting to PCGS!!>Text

If necessary, I can always buy the empty case and COA on eBay for $30 a month from now!
  • Options

<< <i><Yes, unless you want the 3 coin display case and COA....and are nor submitting to PCGS!!>Text

If necessary, I can always buy the empty case and COA on eBay for $30 a month from now! >>

I'd buy it now, if you are even remotely considering the display box and COA.

Bottom line, it's $25 for the box!! image
  • Options

I guess I'm showing my age when I still think "Buy the coin, not the packaging"

But what do I know?!?
  • Options
    I'm impressed, someone sold a Proof and Unc dollar for $100 on a BIN!

Linky
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file