Home Metal Detecting
Options

Outer Banks Metal Detecting

OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
As I sit here surrounded a Winter wonderland my thoughts turn to Spring Break visiting my brother and his family in North Carolina. This year we will be spending a week in Topsail. This will be my first Outer Banks trip since picking up my Prizm II and another addicting hobby. Anyone hunt the Outer Banks here? Any hints or info you would care to share? Any stories of hidden treasure to help me through the long Northern Winter???

Comments

• Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Let me know when you are down there. I am getting a new DFX for Christmas! I may drive down and hunt with you!! I have never gotten to hunt at the beach so I am excited to get down there. We go to the coast fishing several times during the year and we may be going at the same time, that is if you don't mind a partner!
    Todd
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am getting a DFX too and my family has been going to the Outer Banks every year for the past 12 years or so. I have a friend from my hometown to moved down there and works construction. I might ask him for some "hot spot" ideas.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a 'gold coin treasure search' coming up... good luck. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    We just got about 8-10 inches more of the dreaded white stuff! I guess it is time to pull the batteries.image

I don't mind a partner. Especially one with insider info on hunting spots! I have hunted great lakes beaches but this will be my first ocean beach venture. Gold? Wouldn't that be nice!
    Todd, when we have the dates set I'll let you know. -Frank
  • Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been to the OBX a few times and am just starting to get interested in MD.There are several places where shipwrecks are visible on the beaches.I believe several beaches at the OBX may be off limits to MD.Better check the local laws 1st.
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topsail should not be a problem. But the federal lands that make up the seashore at Cape Hatteras, Cape Lookout and the Fish and wildlife lands WOULD be a problem.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I'll check the local regulations first as always.