Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

If ebay yanks your $14000 auction, you have to pay a fairly large insertion fee, yes?

I hope so! Because I am reporting this clown just because he is a dillweed!
"Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
and they're cold.
I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
Mary

Best Franklin Website

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps you could expand? Maybe we would all back you and report him/her. I like
    reporting dillweeds (whatever those are)!
    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

<< <i>I hope so! Because I am reporting this clown just because he is a dillweed! >>

No.

The problem is that insertion fees is only $4.80 no matter how high you go.
  • Options
    If eBay cancels your auction they will refund the insertion fees unless you are chronic offender.
    Never teach a pig to sing. You'll waste your time and annoy the pig image

• Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't a Franklin half have to have full bell lines in order to be called "Full Bell Lines"? Said coin in the auction doesn't have full bell lines, no matter what the NGC holder says.

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Q: Did you mistakenly put one too many 7s in this price? Dec-10-07
    A: no we are high buyers of 1953-S FBL Franklins if you ever have one to sell please offer to us! PLEASE ADVISE! MANY THANKS! David 435-752-0245 office 435-770-1958 verizon mobile ultracoin ebay dept56exch@earthlink.net >>

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Said coin in the auction doesn't have full bell lines, no matter what the NGC holder says. >>

The coin pictured isn't even in an NGC holder.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

They should have coin policy violation in their reporting tool.
  • Options
    It has been nuked

Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    Take a look at my listings and report me......I could use the refund on fees.....lol

• Options
    eBay T&S is staffed by morons. They nuked this one in a matter of minutes, yet an obvious hijacked account I reported a couple days ago is still going strong.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>eBay T&S is staffed by morons. They nuked this one in a matter of minutes, yet an obvious hijacked account I reported a couple days ago is still going strong.

Russ, NCNE >>

Maybe it needs a minimum amount of reports to be an officially bad listing. Did you advertise here on the hijacked account?
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe it needs a minimum amount of reports to be an officially bad listing. Did you advertise here on the hijacked account? >>

Yep.

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=624633

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Maybe it needs a minimum amount of reports to be an officially bad listing. Did you advertise here on the hijacked account? >>

Yep.

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=624633

Russ, NCNE >>

OK, another report done.
  • Options

<< <i>eBay T&S is staffed by morons. They nuked this one in a matter of minutes, yet an obvious hijacked account I reported a couple days ago is still going strong.

Russ, NCNE >>

ebay is too big to police itself...

and the morons don`t help mattersimage
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that the auction has been nuked so efficiently by the Ebay morons, we can't see what was up for auction. What was offered for $14k.

And when I saw "dillweed" I thought for a moment that Pepperdoodles was back.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

Russ, NCNE >>

I think eBay nuked it because "NGC" was in the title, no slab was pictured, from the way the ad was written, he didn't have the coin yet but was using a stock picture until he got the coin's picture.

Maybe you could pay for a coin that has a stock picture with a picture of some money.

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    not really
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options

<< <i>dillweeds! >>

any clue as to how many ebay sellers have had there stuff removed because of the Ebay police from here?
    Glad somone is doing it
    The members (US )on the forum should have some type of "dillweed" score board
    maybe something like this

1 "this is just wrong"
    2 "what was he thinking" buyer/seller?
    3 "buyers who dont have clue"
    4 "the stupidest listing I ever seen"

it may add some fun to the boards lol
    could do a weeks worth of checking them out ,then posting the "WEINERS" I mean winners of the weekimage?

Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Doesn't a Franklin half have to have full bell lines in order to be called "Full Bell Lines"? Said coin in the auction doesn't have full bell lines, no matter what the NGC holder says. >>

If that's what the holder says, then that's what the holder says.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "eBay T&S is staffed by morons. They nuked this one in a matter of minutes, yet an obvious hijacked account I reported a couple days ago is still going strong."

ebay has hundreds of thousands of auctions (millions?) at any given time and I can imagine that coin auctions aren't all they concern themselves with. I expect that they are on a learning curve over there. For some, that learning curve might be mighty steep.

I submit my reports under the assumption that the ebay folks are working with due diligence to make the ebay experience a better one for all of us.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I submit my reports under the assumption that the ebay folks are working with due diligence to make the ebay experience a better one for all of us. >>

GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    The auction was for a "FBL 53-S Franklin" that was supposedly NGC MS64FBL, but he had a stock pic of a raw coin up. (edit: seller was ultracoin)
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file