Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another Ike question for the Ike Masters

Did I just score a Big one or did I just get taken? Is this a 1972 Type2

Linky
RACC
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭
    Holy Shatzkey Batman! Nice Score!

Y'all done good on the Type 2!

PS: Why didn't I spot that one???? image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Yeah Yeah

It pays to get sick once in awhile image

Lee are you saying this is a 1972 Type 2?
    RACC
    I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
  • Options

<< <i>Holy Shatzkey Batman! Nice Score!

Y'all done good on the Type 2!

PS: Why didn't I spot that one???? image >>

I think becaue it was listed as a 1972 type 11
    RACC
  • Options
    I see why now!

Its titled a Type 11 . My searches are on Type 2. Thats probably why non of the heavy hitters spotted it as well!

Nice Score! Any Type 2, regardless of grade if a very nice Score!

I remember bidding on an XF-45 and getting outbid at $160! It seems like the middle of the grade's offer the best buys when they are raw but get em slabbed and there's always someone out there willing to pay good money for a poor graded T2!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Yes, it is definitely a Type 2!

Congrats! I know you've been looking to score one of these for quite some time now and it is now apparent that persistance pays off!

Hope you get well soon!

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Thanks Lee

I just paid for it and added the extra 3 bucks for insurance. I hope the coin I get is the one shown image I will post when in hand

Thanks
    RACC
  • Options
    Yo, Morganmanic, when it arrives, check carefully for a thin, hard to see in its early stages, web-like die crack among the tops of the central letters of STATES (reverse). If present, and I just think it might be, this Ike would be from the March 1972 batch that Herb Hicks was the first to recognize and write about.

We're beginning to think that the March run may have a mintage well below 100,000. That would be the good news. The bad news (and it really isn't bad at all), will have to await the Ike Group's next several publications. Rob
    Modern dollars are like children - before you know it they'll be all grown up.....

Questions about Ikes? Go to The IKE GROUP WEB SITE
  • Options
    Nice catch and score on that one.
    I hope that isn't a little corrosion spot on the reverse there.
    maybe just the lighting from the camera when the pic was taken or dirt on the plastic holder.
  • Options
    Well Lee, I can be one jump ahead of you, but it is not enough.
    I occasionally search for type II as well as type 2, but have never looked for type 11.
  • Options
    GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    I missed it too!
    GREAT score!image

Brian

I Love image Variety & Error Ikes! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file