Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Attention US Mint

Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
Please grow a brain, you are spending money to mail out your fall catalog to 11 million plus subscribers and when it comes to the platinum W Unc. products we not only cannot get a price because they are not published, we cannot even order the items from the web. When we call you say that the product is on hold.

Why bother putting those in the catalog in the first place?

just checking....love ya!

Comments

• Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    Is the US Mint a government agency or the world's largest coin dealer? (rhetorical question) If they have the platinum inventoried, they shouldn't be waiting to adjust the price where the market might be on some tomorrow. Why would they be playing futures? Of course, if they need to bid and buy contracts of the metal still, that is another story.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    ok SMART MOVE GUYS NOW THE 2007 PROOF PLATS ARE NOT AVAILABLE

YOU GUYS AT THE MINT CAN %^%^$&^&* MY #$%

LOVE TBIG

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Printed material can't keep pace with the internet speed.
    However, there are still a number of folks who go by the printed material (I was as surprised as anyone when a fellow collector (older) told me he had ordered his 2007-W SAEs by mail, with check, etc).

While some items may not be priced/available, there are many other parts of the mailing that are applicable.

If you are online, then you have the most up to date info and shouldn't be trying to play with the catalog anyway....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did your fall catalog come from this post office??? image

• Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    The Mint is a government agency and as such is totally clueless. Some think they have some "grand plan", they do not. They are as clueless as your local DMV. The somewhat sad thing is that they are one of the very few government agencies that actually generate a profit so no one is going to mess with them for fear of messing up a pretty somewhat okay thing. I will say I have returned more coins this year for unrealistic damage then I have in all the years before. I am convinced Denver is hand pounding Sacs to keep up. image
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have all of are E-mail addres's so why dont they just send it that way. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Well, because they are idiots. Sorry, but those are the facts. image
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your income tax dollars are hard at work, like the paper (charmin™) your money is printed on !
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Mint is a government agency and as such is totally clueless. Some think they have some "grand plan", they do not. They are as clueless as your local DMV. The somewhat sad thing is that they are one of the very few government agencies that actually generate a profit so no one is going to mess with them for fear of messing up a pretty somewhat okay thing. I will say I have returned more coins this year for unrealistic damage then I have in all the years before. I am convinced Denver is hand pounding Sacs to keep up. image >>

imageimage
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options

<< <i>Well, because they are idiots. Sorry, but those are the facts. >>

Led by a clueless idiot ! What would one expect?

Herb

Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

<< <i>ok SMART MOVE GUYS NOW THE 2007 PROOF PLATS ARE NOT AVAILABLE

YOU GUYS AT THE MINT CAN %^%^$&^&* MY #$%

LOVE TBIG

image >>

gotta love Tbigimage

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    That's a great thing for anyone that bought Mint platinum this year. This is the first time I recall plats being unavailable before the year end. Some years they sold them right through the Spring of the next year. I sent back four 1 oz and one 1/2 oz for replacement 2 weeks ago so I hope they at least send me back my replacements. All of my UNC Mint sets when back as the Presidents and Sacs look horrible.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Your income tax dollars are hard at work, like the paper (charmin™) your money is printed on ! >>

Wrong!

Your income tax dollars go to pay off the interest on money borrowed from the Federal Reserve Bank which is a privately held bank! Nothing more and nothing less.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Likely because 10,999,990 of those people just want to get that shiny mint set for someone as a Christmas gift. image
    Anyone can make a difference, but most people probably shouldn't. -- Marge Simpson
  • Options
    Now I cant get gold either By Mail, Online or via phone!

&*&*&^^^ US *(*(*( Mint *&(&(*(*(*!!!!! and *(*(& in a hand bag!

• Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, because they are idiots. Sorry, but those are the facts. image >>

And some people wanting them to control health care??? Now that is really idiotic.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    I used to have total faith in the US Mint. But I must admit, I'm starting to wonder about some things... image
    I have all kinds of coins, tokens and a few medals. I'm not a big time Stack's Auction collector. I don't collect for investment or value. When I see a coin I think is neat, I grab it. I collect a few coins by year and mint, like Lincoln and Canadian Cents, Westward Journey Nickels, State Quarters, Presidential Dollars and 2 or 3 others. I have some Proof Sets and Uncirculated Sets. I've been collecting for 34 years, so I have a little bit of everything.

PS.
    I LIKE IKEs!
  • Options
    I have been buying from the Mint since forever and every purchase seems to be different from the last. There's no way to predict what they will do. They moved the dates for the plats so many times this year I was wondering if they were going to skip 07 altogether. Ordering coins that are in high demand like the 1st Spouse gold coins are close to impossible as their webside isn't powerful enough to handle the volume but somehow flippers seem to get them by the handful. I also got the new glossy 2007 Mint catalog. I can only imagine how much it cost the government to send out millions of these at a time when half of the coins in the catalog are not available. It blows my mind, what nitwits.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Just spoke to a senior agent today

and it is her belief, that their will be

no reverse PR Plats this year. Perhaps

in 2008 but not sooner.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    The US Mint has 535 “bosses” plus the Treasury Dept and President, all of whom think they are the most important “boss” on earth and all of whom do what they can to bungle the production of coins with piles of regulations. These bosses dictate the collectors’ coins that can be made, and in many instances, the prices and what kind of margin can be accepted between production cost and selling price. All the mint can do is try to produce and distribute products as fairly as possible within the limits dictated to them. If speculators don’t like that, tough – go buy some pork bellies, gold bars or soy beans on the Chicago Board.

If you want better service and consistent operations, go tell the bosses to stop pigging up the collector coin trough for special interests. Tell them also to let the Mint operate as an administrative agency much as BEP does. It won’t meet everyone’s idea of “perfection” (what does?), but it will likely be much less cluttered and confused.

End of non-editorial.
  • Options

<< <i>Just spoke to a senior agent today

and it is her belief, that their will be

no reverse PR Plats this year. Perhaps

in 2008 but not sooner. >>

Sounds EXACTLY like the Mint. Perhaps next year or maybe even the following year. We'll let you know after they've already sold out.
  • Options
    OK I am better, all is right with the world again sort of. I am glad we (tounge in cheek) made the US Mint get off their ^&&
    looks like we have prices again.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Yikes! They really are greedy. I guess I'll buy a few more before they have to do this again. Monex has plat eagles sell for $1,530.10 so maybe $1,630 isn't bad. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file