Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

GAI auto's

I have been reading on the boards how bad GAI's rep is getting for whats inside their graded cards. I was wondering how they are viewed for their authenticating autographs. I have three jersey's authenticated by them that I am looking to sell to make room for other things. I bought them for about 185 dollars. The jersey's are Pete Rose, Duke Snider, and Don Newcombe. I reall don't want to take a hit on them but I fear I will because it comes with the GAI tag. What do you folks think?

Comments

• Options
    $185 each or $185 total?
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have been reading on the boards how bad GAI's rep is getting for whats inside their graded cards. >>

I'm sure its the same thing that is inside of all graded cards and raw cards alike. Paper, cardboard fibers and in some instances plastic.

• Options
    rajah424rajah424 Posts: 439 ✭✭
    I'm sure its the same thing that is inside of all graded cards and raw cards alike. Paper, cardboard fibers and in some instances plastic.

And ink. Don't forget the ink.
  • Options

<< <i>I have been reading on the boards how bad GAI's rep is getting for whats inside their graded cards. I was wondering how they are viewed for their authenticating autographs. I have three jersey's authenticated by them that I am looking to sell to make room for other things. I bought them for about 185 dollars. The jersey's are Pete Rose, Duke Snider, and Don Newcombe. I reall don't want to take a hit on them but I fear I will because it comes with the GAI tag. What do you folks think? >>

dont buy!
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    ive never seen a gai slabbed auto come to think of it, never had any luck with slabbed packs 1 pack 75 topps was ok, i had 3 1976 cards ,or graded cards crossing over had a $450 one come back trimmed trying to cross over,was last experience i wanted with em
    Randy
  • Options
    Gai should be good on the autos.......just not as recognized as PSA/DNA.
    "You must understand the difference in things that are similar, and the similarity of things that are different"

• Options

<< <i>ive never seen a gai slabbed auto come to think of it, never had any luck with slabbed packs 1 pack 75 topps was ok, i had 3 1976 cards ,or graded cards crossing over had a $450 one come back trimmed trying to cross over,was last experience i wanted with em
    Randy >>

Now you have..................................

"You must understand the difference in things that are similar, and the similarity of things that are different"

• Options
    chbchb Posts: 212
    I hate to say it, but with $185 invested I don't think you're likely to be too happy with what they would bring on ebay (regardless of whose COA is on it). Do some completed item searches on ebay for these 3 items as well as looking at current Buy Now prices. Here's a current Duke Snider signed Majestic jersey with GAI COA for direct comparison Auction Link

You could try a Buy Now listing with Best Offer option, but I doubt you can even reach the break even point. More supply than demand.

Not what you want to hear, but hope it helps.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    yup lol- ebayaddict ,that be the 1st!
  • Options
    earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭
    I had a Mantle/Maris dual signed item that was authenticted by GAI. it crossed over to psa/dna. GAI used to have Mike Guitierrez (sp?) a while back. Mike's one of the better authenticators around. not sure what Justin Piddy's background is.